Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times

Advertisements

Ukraine's militarized dolphins starved themselves rather than live under Russian custody

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-hunger-strike

British news gets weirder by the day. Some propaganda is effective, but too much makes it obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Why Russians think Japanese are crazy they seem nice here in the U.S ?

What Russians think of NYC, Boston, San Francisco, Florida, Seattle ?

In America we are divided by 50 states inside each state it separated by counties, inside the counties there are cities and towns, inside the cities and towns they are neighborhoods is this similar in Russia ?

What your favorite American TV shows or Movies ?

Describe the Russia country/rural areas ?

Is the English language easy or hard to understand ?

Old 05-21-2018, 12:29 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Ukraine's militarized dolphins starved themselves rather than live under Russian custody

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-hunger-strike

British news gets weirder by the day. Some propaganda is effective, but too much makes it obvious.
There's a reason they call it the "Daily Fail".

Old 05-21-2018, 12:36 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

What Russians think of NYC, Boston, San Francisco, Florida, Seattle ?

In America we are divided by 50 states inside each state it separated by counties, inside the counties there are cities and towns, inside the cities and towns they are neighborhoods is this similar in Russia ?

Describe the Russia country/rural areas ?

Is the English language easy or hard to understand ?
Russia isn't another planet. Most, if not all, countries are organized by sub-units, that, in turn, are divided into smaller jurisdictions.

Most Russians can't afford to go to the US.

You can see the countryside/rural areas on youtube. Russia's a vast country, stretching from the Arctic Ocean (tundra) down through forest zones, to open prairie (steppe) and to more arid regions. It has similar variety to the US.

Why do you assume Russians have any interest in American TV, or access to it? They get TV programming from around the world. Mexican and Brazilian soap operas were insanely popular in the 90's, for example.The interests of most ordinary Russians don't revolve around American culture. Not sure why you'd assume they would.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:15 PM

80 posts, read 36,899 times
Quote:
Personally, I don’t think Japanese are crazy).

On the contrary, I respect them for those things:

- They’re hardworking and tend to do quality stuff
- They’ve got curious and investigative mind (robotics and so on)
- Frequent natural disasters also created disciplined and stoic mindset. I remember tsunami in Japan 2011- while I felt very sorry for them, I also admired their attitude.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:53 PM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah Straight Arrow - but those were SOVIET TIMES. When travelling (price of tickets) was cheap and affordable.
It's a different story in CAPITALIST Russia.

P.S. When I look at this particular pic of Brezhnev, "So how are you doing there, guys? Do you have enough of sausages now?" - it makes me chuckle somewhat))
I guess you right - that was another era. Good bad Soviet days.
Just read an article about Crimea beaches that becoming less and less. Oligarchs built cement fences to mark their private beach properties.
So that ordinary people cannot go through their beach or even see the water.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:56 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Russia isn't another planet. Most, if not all, countries are organized by sub-units, that, in turn, are divided into smaller jurisdictions.

Most Russians can't afford to go to the US.

You can see the countryside/rural areas on youtube. Russia's a vast country, stretching from the Arctic Ocean (tundra) down through forest zones, to open prairie (steppe) and to more arid regions. It has similar variety to the US.

Why do you assume Russians have any interest in American TV, or access to it? They get TV programming from around the world. Mexican and Brazilian soap operas were insanely popular in the 90's, for example.The interests of most ordinary Russians don't revolve around American culture. Not sure why you'd assume they would.
Russia is just interesting country just like Russians wonder about United States

Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM

80 posts, read 36,899 times
Quote:

All my friends and relatives watch tons of American TV show.

I like everything funny and smart like Friends. My parents like dramas/politics like House of Cards or Homeland. My husband likes action like Game of Thrones.

So there is a choice for all tastes)

Old 05-21-2018, 06:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russians living in the Far East and Siberia ABSOLUTELY HATE the CHINESE.
They HATE their business that's encroaching in the area for the predatory practices, and devastation that they leave cutting out the forest.
I am surprised that you know nothing about the situation.
I have heard illegal logging is a real problem in the forests and not just along the border areas, it goes far north. Poaching and other bad practices are widespread. It's not just the Chinese either.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:55 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
In the long run do you think Russia should have a stronger relationship with Korea and Japan to keep China in check, or all the talks of Russia turning into Chinas lapdog is just rubbish and that Russia should focus on growing a stronger and closer relationship with China? Also what do you think about Kuril island dispute? Can’t Russia just give them the islands but with the condition that Russia can keep their military bases there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe