Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 07:58 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim, the "Chinese problem" means a trouble for the Chinese.
In this case, it's obvious that the Chinese have no problem at all, it's Russian Far East/Siberia ( Russia overall) that is going to have a problem.
And big part of that problem is that Russians themselves don't know how to control their greed and corruption. Add to that the Chinese mentality of the third worlders, that won't stop at organ harvesting for money, won't stop at food poisoning for profits, won't stop at deforestation and soil poisoning for money, and you have a recipe for disaster in Siberia\Far East.
Needless to say, I blame Americans for contributing to the problem.
It's one thing when the third worlders cut the trees with the axes, it's another thing when they receive the advanced technology - the kind you see here at 1:38 here, to destroy the nature with impunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkdZGWn0j7Q&t=91s

It's OK though, as I've said - I am the believer, so it's all the domino effect, sliding into the inevitable end.
Money indeed are the root of the evil of it all.
If the United States had not provided the technology, Europe would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right, I got the environmental destruction part, the ground stripped clear of everything, and how certain projects were all documented and approved. In the 3rd video (which I "quoted"), the 2nd half of it shows the view from a car moving down the highway, and the speaker is saying something about the villages they pass, and I don't know what else.
These are not villages Ruth - these are all cut trees laying in piles along the road ( the quality of video is bad here.) But that's what she is commenting on.

Quote:
My point earlier was that poaching forest products, especially lumber, also can cause similar destruction to what they're documenting.

The problem is that in Russia, you can't form an environmental organization to protest these things, and to organize voters to pressure the government, and so forth. I mean, you can, but... you won't get far.
This is correct, and that's why I point at the "cut throat capitalism" in Russia that was implemented there as a recipe for potential disaster in the long run.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
If the United States had not provided the technology, Europe would have.
How interesting. And why would they do that?
Who is addicted to a cheap foreign labor at the first place, tell me please, is it *Europe* or the good ole US of A?

Old 05-24-2018, 01:05 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Been enjoying the discussions on this thread lately. But I have to point out your error. These walls came up after the occupation of Crimea in 2014. That's what people are complaining about, not old walls but new. Ukraine's law also prohibits private beaches...
The southern coast is almost completely blocked by sanatoriums and hotels. This is the legacy of Ukraine.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
It's not even about poaching any longer Ruth, it's already about the destruction of these pristine areas.
And as thuggish as these *local* Russians look, actively participating in the process together with the Chinese ( and stuffing their pockets in the process,) - all their commands are coming directly from Moscow.

( I am not sure which segment exactly would you like me to translate/reitirate?)
I tried to write the same thing. It can be Chinese, Korean, Russian, etc. It does not matter. The problem is the poor implementation of laws. Russians do the same if there is no law. This has nothing to do with Chinese as a nation.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:08 AM

For example, channel of Russian guy from China in the Telegram:
https://t.me/za_stenoy
China is developing very dynamically. They are very cool.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:03 AM

403 posts, read 221,126 times
Quote:
It's not even about poaching any longer Ruth, it's already about the destruction of these pristine areas.
And as thuggish as these *local* Russians look, actively participating in the process together with the Chinese ( and stuffing their pockets in the process,) - all their commands are coming directly from Moscow.

( I am not sure which segment exactly would you like me to translate/reitirate?)
In one video the guy says that because of disappearance of this pristine forest ginseng disappeared too.
Siberian ginseng ("root of life") is more valuable than other varieties - the older the better, the more qualities it has. A thousand year root was sold for $250000! Yes, a quarter of a million. It takes centuries to establish quality colony of this plant in a wild.

Leasing agreement on this land should not equate to green light for raping it. Because that is how it looks in those videos - raped.
I read somewhere that Russia's problem is not that it cannot feed it's poor people. The problem is that Russian oligarchs just cannot have enough. One would think that with their combined efforts they can turn mountains and take care of the country and people they robbed.
"Laws complicated..." my foot. Who approves them? V.P. that many say is the richest man in the world? What else is left that is up for grabs there?

".... modest intervention, however, degrades ginseng from its truest, purest form. The most valuable grade is “wild†ginseng. Known by its gnarled, striated appearance, and often decades old, it’s considered the most potent and is most coveted by buyers. Thirty-year-old wild root brings in several thousand dollars a pound. Also keeping the price way up is the fact that ginseng is notoriously hard to find in its native habitat, even for seasoned hunters. Each wild root represents hours and hours of hiking up and down heavily forested, bear-infested mountains squinting into the underbrush. Not the easiest way to make a living, though it probably beats working in marketing.

The lowest grade is cultivated ginseng. This is grown in rows in a field, under special perforated tarps that reproduce the effect of hardwood canopy. Harvested after only three years, these roots are swollen from fertilizer, and their smooth, light skin belies their untraumatized upbringing; it’s sort of like the root equivalent of private-school students. Most ginseng buyers believe that a difficult life, as exemplified by a twisted, scarred root, makes ginseng more potent, and these cultivated roots fetch only a few hundred dollars a pound. On the other hand, they take only three years to grow, can be mass-produced, and, at $350 a pound, a thousand pounds an acre, is still more profitable than anything this side of marijuana or poppies."

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...ollar-man-root

And, this is just one example...I am not even talking about wild life.

P.S. Off topic:
Grega! " Ekaterine..." season 2 came out on Amazon prime. I think you liked season 1

Old 05-24-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
"Laws complicated..." my foot. Who approves them?
Laws complicated in any state.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Laws complicated in any state.

When she is saying "laws are complicated....my foot" that means it's a lie for an excuse of what oligarchic system is doing in Russia, while robbing its population dry.

The "dynamically-developing China" will rob Russia dry of its riches in the Far East as well, since its capitalism is ruthless and predatory. (A lot of Russians do not see the reality and price of the "Chinese success," and you might be one of them Maxim, unfortunately so. Even if the Chinese managed to grab the US by the ankle by now. (It's all the domino effect, as I've said before.)
And precisely because Russia is oligarchic, half-lawless country, it's dangerous to let another lawless predator in, at this point in time.
But from MILITARISTIC point of view, the union of Russian oligarchy led by Putin, and China's crooked so-called *Communists* is growing indeed.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM

4 posts, read 2,242 times
Quote:

Вы демагог и провокатор. Закон №473-ФЗ вы не читали, не читали и связанные с ним законы. В Дальнем Востоке и Сибири вы небыли и там не жили. О промышленной заготовке леса вы ничего не знаете. Про Китай вы врете. Я жил в Дальнем Востоке 2 года ( город Дальнереченск). У меня сестра и брат в городе Уссурийске живут. У меня друзья живут в городах Уссурийск, Владивосток, Артем, Терней, Лесозаводск, Камень-Рыболов, Сибирцево и Дальнегорск. Я сам в лесу работал. Вы показываете лживые видео и сами врете.

You are a demagogue and a provocateur. Law No. 473-FZ you have not read, not read and related laws. In the far East and Siberia you were not there and did not live. You know nothing about industrial logging. About China, you're lying. I lived in the far East for 2 years (Dalnerechensk city). My sister and brother live in Ussuriysk. My friends live in the cities of Ussuriysk, Vladivostok, Artem, Terney, Lesozavodsk, Kamen-Rybolov, Sibirtsevo and Dalnegorsk. I worked in the woods myself. You show false videos and you lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe