Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 05:44 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
He-he. This's true. As with everything else.
Oh course you like Ruth4untruth and like minded persons as they know only superficially what Russia caused in many of its so-called satellite states. Ruth and others of that ilk are all too happy to sell to Russia any and every country that borders Russia in the naive faith that you Russians will, at long last, be amenable to a reset version 2.0. You will hear from Ruth what you wish to hear, that NATO should not have expanded so as to not have upset your sensibilities. Ruth will offer you Ukraine and on a silver platter. Should you desire more, Ruth is willing to oblige! Chomskyite Ruth asks only to be recognized for having an amazing leftist intellect while making generalizations about hundreds of millions of Americans (as if we are all ignorant about Russia) while Ruth alone "understands" the enigma that is Russia.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:16 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethalstad View Post
I have been reading up and watching the news from both sides. I have been watching RT, Fox News and CNN and I have been reading Pravda.ru and Yahoo News and things seem to be really heating up lately between both the United States, the EU and Russia lately!

I was born in the early 90s, 3 years after the fall of the Soviet Union and as such, I never witnessed the Cold War. But it seems like that the world isn't heading for a Cold War II, from what I can tell, both the West and the East are heading toward WWIII and I am really frightened of that. I hope this crises ends soon and peacefully on top of that.

As for my main questions:

So far over in Russia, Putin has an 80% approval rating, does that mean 80% of Russian citizens currently hate or dislike Americans now??? Do most Russians of the younger generations I.E. Russians born in the mid-late 80s and 90s hate Americans now? I hope not, I don't want to go through another cold war like how my parents did.

Also, do most Russians in the United States currently hate Americans as well? I hope that's not the case either.
I think that anti-American sentiment in Russia currently is much higher than I've ever seen it back in Soviet times.
But speaking about "hatred" - on a personal level I don't think you have anything to worry about - it's safe for Americans to visit Russia.

Most Russians living in America hate Russia, lol, and those disillusioned by America don't hate it, but rather dislike it, so nothing to worry about there either.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,561,271 times
P.S. Oh, and don't go to Pravda Ru - it's a zoo.
(I was surprised to discover by the way that the most hateful attitude towards Americans there was coming not from Russians, but from Serbs, actually... I assumed that they were Russian posters, but as it turned out it was not quite so... )

Old 05-10-2014, 07:26 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Oh course you like Ruth4untruth and like minded persons as they know only superficially what Russia caused in many of its so-called satellite states. Ruth and others of that ilk are all too happy to sell to Russia any and every country that borders Russia in the naive faith that you Russians will, at long last, be amenable to a reset version 2.0. You will hear from Ruth what you wish to hear, that NATO should not have expanded so as to not have upset your sensibilities. Ruth will offer you Ukraine and on a silver platter. Should you desire more, Ruth is willing to oblige! Chomskyite Ruth asks only to be recognized for having an amazing leftist intellect while making generalizations about hundreds of millions of Americans (as if we are all ignorant about Russia) while Ruth alone "understands" the enigma that is Russia.
hahaha, WOW! Someone who's a stranger to Ruth has no idea what he's talking about! Clearly, this deluded person has missed Ruth's many posts about nationality politics in Russia, posts that resulted in Ruth being accused of being an anti-Russia propagandist!

Someone hasn't the faintest understanding of what Ruth is really about.

Oh well.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,739 times
I don't hate americans, but I hate everyone who started war.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hahaha, WOW! Someone who's a stranger to Ruth has no idea what he's talking about! Clearly, this deluded person has missed Ruth's many posts about nationality politics in Russia, posts that resulted in Ruth being accused of being an anti-Russia propagandist!

Someone hasn't the faintest understanding of what Ruth is really about.

Oh well.
Then I do apologize. Please accept my sincere apologizes. Please elaborate. Feel free to PM as it appears I might have mistaken you for another poster.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,469 times
No, they like the American people actually. They just dislike our government.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
(I was surprised to discover by the way that the most hateful attitude towards Americans there was coming not from Russians, but from Serbs, actually... I assumed that they were Russian posters, but as it turned out it was not quite so... )
Russian never fought with the Americans (NATO) in an open war in contrast to Serbia.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-11-2014 at 01:37 AM..

Old 05-11-2014, 02:59 AM

207 posts, read 498,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, OP, where in Russia are you planning to go in winter?
I'm actually planning on going St. Petersburg! I have been wanting to that city for quite some time now and the first place that is on my list to see in that city is the Winter Palace! I can't wait!

Old 05-11-2014, 07:03 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethalstad View Post
I'm actually planning on going St. Petersburg! I have been wanting to that city for quite some time now and the first place that is on my list to see in that city is the Winter Palace! I can't wait!
St. Pete's is fabulous! I would be beautiful in winter, too, though you'd miss out on some of the unique features, like splashing around in the fountains and water toys at Peter's palace (obviously, a summer pursuit). Be sure to check out Peter's palace compound anyway, if it's open. Also, the Institute of Ethnography, which has a museum of Russia's Indigenous peoples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe