Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 02:36 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
What exactly does Miami is "Not an american" city mean ? Is it not American because it has a lot of immigrants? Most every big city in America was founded by, and mainly populated by immigrants. Boston ,NYC, Phillly etc, all cities historically packed with immigrants. A city full of immigrants is as American as they come.
It means Miami has the highest percentage of foreign people who are not immigrants or on an immigration path. Due to it being the media and banking hub of south america, there are tons of foreign nationals who live there semi permanently but are not US citizens and don't have plans to be.

Last edited by rzzz; 07-11-2014 at 02:48 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 AM

418 posts, read 559,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
If you want to have a home and a family, it really sucks, and it is reflected in the demographics of the area. It is an area that basically has the least children and families out of anywhere in the USA, and the most single men.
Well I got 2 kids and I saw a LOT of kids in the bay area Many are north,east bay and the peninsula. But go to any SF park and it's packed with kids.

Also SF has a TON of new buildings. Springing up like wildfires. North of the golden gate? No the rest of the bay area I'm not sure.

LA as well I know has a lot of new development. Some areas of California are pro building and some parts it's impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Sorry but toilet paper and other necessities have to come from somewhere:>)
I spent 5 years no where near a wal-mart. I have found the best deals on TP are from either CVS or Amazon. I went a very long time never going to a big box shop (target maybe once in 5 years) and always got good deals.

I actually paid MORE the time we went to target for the general household bits and bobs.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:37 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,610 times
I used to live on Golden Gate Park and it was never packed with kids.

"Just 13.4 percent of San Francisco's 805,235 residents are younger than 18, the smallest percentage of any major city in the country"

Families' exodus leaves S.F. whiter, less diverse - SFGate

Old 07-11-2014, 03:47 AM

418 posts, read 559,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
I used to live on Golden Gate Park and it was never packed with kids.

"Just 13.4 percent of San Francisco's 805,235 residents are younger than 18, the smallest percentage of any major city in the country"

Families' exodus leaves S.F. whiter, less diverse - SFGate
Seen the stats but I don't see how it's possible. I went to the science museum there, always packed. The parks where always packed. Even during the day, not just weekends. I had a doc near Lafayette park and got to GG park a lot too. Not often went and it was quite.

I never felt like a rare person with kids in the city.

Now London is different. In London if I went shopping at 7pm with the kids I was the ONLY person on the bus with kids and in the shop likely the only person. During the day too, no kids (most brits don't home school and start daycare early)

So in London yes I felt like the minority with kids, but never in SF.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
Never knew that you are a progressive liberal- tree hugger-animal right activist-pro abortion. But guess what? I learn new things here on the message board everyday.

That being said, you should check your control panel. Many dominicans, ricans and mexicans are hitting your rate this post positively button right now.
I would never call myself Pro-abortion, but Yes. I am a pro choice liberal. I got 1 positive post for my last post.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 AM

24,519 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Florida is an atypical southern state. Texas is a typical southern state most notably in areas like Lubbock. But Austin is a blue city.

Jacksonville, FL is gator country.

Molly Hatchet Gator Country - YouTube

You made my Friday! Texas is a typical southern state - if you say so. Have you ever been to Lubbock? Have you been to Lubbock lately?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:57 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
You made my Friday! Texas is a typical southern state - if you say so. Have you ever been to Lubbock? Have you been to Lubbock lately?
I think Texas is it's own entirely unique entity. From an outsiders view, I think it fits in a bit better with southern culture than Northern culture, but I think in general it has a unique stand-alone quality.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:09 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
This tune i posted is all about repping Florida. Lubbock? It's all about putting cattle down with a bolt pistoleros.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
This tune i posted is all about repping Florida. Lubbock? It's all about putting cattle down with a bolt pistoleros.
Have you ever spent any significant time in Texas? (A layover in the airport doesn't count.)

Old 07-11-2014, 06:32 AM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
If I were born rich and lived in London or Paris, then I wouldn't give a thought about moving to the U.S. Those 2 cities have anything I could possibly want, let alone all the other places that are close by.

Unfortunately, this was not meant to be. :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe