Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 10:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,291,643 times

Advertisements

In the 90's in my opinion the best in the Russian pop music was "Production Centre I.Matvienko." The most famous projects "Lube" and "Ivanushki."

http://youtu.be/y_IObE7MIqs

http://youtu.be/lvCErYl62Zs

And this their song has become a folk:

http://youtu.be/511Lt3Kg0aI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 12:45 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,221,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russian market is quite for profit. Most Russian music consumers have little knowledge of English. The band has to choose between Russian or foreign market. Of course all choose Russian. Write in their native language is much more interesting than foreign. You do not know about the good Russian musicians, because they sing in Russian.
It seems that you dont want to understand that bands are not choosing anything, its audience who is choosing and lifts bands to the popularity.
So, audience around the world had not choose russian bands.

Album of this finnish band was at october number 1 on top-list on german and swiss album chart and number 4 on Austria + good postions on lists in several countries....This group dont tour around Europe because they choose to do so but because audience want them to tour.
Cant find russian bands even from European playing lists and reason is that russian pop-culture is not wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIzEEhZkthY

Old 12-12-2014, 12:59 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,291,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
It seems that you dont want to understand that bands are not choosing anything, its audience who is choosing and lifts bands to the popularity.
So, audience around the world had not choose russian bands.

Album of this finnish band was at october number 1 on top-list on german and swiss album chart and number 4 on Austria + good postions on lists in several countries....
You do not understand. Russian wanted to spit on your "german and swiss album chart". The song is not popular in Russia, if it is not performed in Russian language.

(Except:

http://youtu.be/Tj75Arhq5ho
)

Russia knows how to love. Any Russian musician chooses love Russia instead chart in Europe.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:49 PM

26,880 posts, read 22,748,702 times
Quote:

Now I have gave answer to your question, can you now let me know how russian bands are doing on US-markets?

My question ( regarding "great Finnish bands" out there) was directed at Americans, what I asked from YOU, was to translate the lyrics of the great Finnish bands and possibly to explain what makes them so special.
What's with reading comprehension of people on this thread, because you obviously didn't answer my question)))))
Now about "Russian bands on US markets," - I'll try to explain to you ( patiently) one more time. The majority of Russian artists target their own audience, which is quite different from "American market" and always will be. When you have your own values and distinct characteristics, your sense of creativity will conform to specific guidelines, rather than try to please someone else's taste. It's when you don't have anything of distinct/particular value - than yes, you'll try to "fit in" with someone else and try to serve a different master.

Quote:
Mean while, when you are thinking answer, you can joy music of Erja Lyytinen and sound of her slide guitar.
No thanks plain and simple - that's my verdict after just one minute.

(And I am the one who actually PREFERS the sound of European pop-music)))) )

Old 12-12-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You do not understand. Russian wanted to spit on your "german and swiss album chart". The song is not popular in Russia, if it is not performed in Russian language.

Russia knows how to love. Any Russian musician chooses love Russia instead chart in Europe.
When cheking Youtube videos, concerning almost what ever western band or artist having concert in Russia, massive audience dont look at all like they want to spit but maybe you know the reason; the whole audience is just acting that they like
Also I would not be suprised if you would tell that "german and swiss album chart" is enemy of Russia and full of facists who like to murder all russian bands because they are much better than bands on Europe or in US...

I tell you again this fact: Russian bands/artists chooses Russia because they dont have any audience out side of Russian borders.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:

But except for a few people (for example, Leps, Mikhailov, Meladze) Russian pop music very poor quality.
Currently, it's not all that great in the West either.
Pop-music scene has been going down the hill here for quite some time already, if you ask me. Nothing new "distinct and exciting" as it used to be.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
When cheking Youtube videos, concerning almost what ever western band or artist having concert in Russia, massive audience dont look at all like they want to spit but maybe you know the reason; the whole audience is just acting that they like
Also I would not be suprised if you would tell that "german and swiss album chart" is enemy of Russia and full of facists who like to murder all russian bands because they are much better than bands on Europe or in US...
"To spit on something" is a figurative expression in Russian, that means "to not to care, to disregard something," where in English it has a *stronger* meaning. Obviously Maxim is not aware of it.
It's not that Russians don't like European music - they certainly do and always did, but they don't expect their own Russian bands to produce "someone else's" music.

Quote:
I tell you again this fact: Russian bands/artists chooses Russia because they dont have any audience out side of Russian borders.
It's the other way around; Russian bands/artists choose Russia first of all, because they see value in the uniqueness of their own culture. That's why their audience is limited to Russia for the most part.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
My question ( regarding "great Finnish bands" out there) was directed at Americans, what I asked from YOU, was to translate the lyrics of the great Finnish bands and possibly to explain what makes them so special.
What's with reading comprehension of people on this thread, because you obviously didn't answer my question)))))
Now about "Russian bands on US markets," - I'll try to explain to you ( patiently) one more time. The majority of Russian artists target their own audience, which is quite different from "American market" and always will be. When you have your own values and distinct characteristics, your sense of creativity will conform to specific guidelines, rather than try to please someone else's taste. It's when you don't have anything of distinct/particular value - than yes, you'll try to "fit in" with someone else and try to serve a different master.

No thanks plain and simple - that's my verdict after just one minute.

(And I am the one who actually PREFERS the sound of European pop-music)))) )
Do you really think that massive group of american rock music fans are reading this thread, ready for write comments to your question?
No.
We have statistic fact, album of Nightwish was on second position, on hard rock album list in US and first was Nickelback....You dont need any answers from any user, this fact covers totally your question.

I really dont understand your opinion that we dont have own values...Yes we have but it seems that you are not happy with them because we have western values and not russians.
Also dont understand when you are saying that bands here are trying to fill some others values...No, they are filling their own values and playing music with great passion and that passion is something what gives wings to the band or artists, not " We need to play something to get rich".

I will wait with great intrest new record of Chisu, she has make great and complicated lyrics to her song and now she is heading to the Europe by album with engish lyrics...Lot of her lyrics have turned to different languages by her fans from many countries, even to the japanese.
So, she have fans aorund the world and making album in english is not "Try to serve master", she is doing that album only for her fans.
One of her record with english lyrics on screen and one sample from here coming album in english and yes, you can find finnish spirit from her melodies and lyrics, even on english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9upObAw3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJopKriwP-M

Old 12-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's not that Russians don't like European music - they certainly do and always did, but they don't expect their own Russian bands to produce "someone else's" music.

It's the other way around; Russian bands/artists choose Russia first of all, because they see value in the uniqueness of their own culture. That's why their audience is limited to Russia for the most part.
So you are saying that if russian band is playing example rock music with russian lyrics, it is music from unique, own culture but if they would play same song with english lyrics, that would be "someone else's" music
Intresting point of view...

Old 12-12-2014, 07:09 PM

433 posts, read 408,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
As according to some misinformed individuals, these countries are "so similar", so why not take a vote on it?

1. Frendliness
2. Safety
3. Cultural contribution
4. Politics
5. Economy
6. Women/men
7. Environment
8. Scenery
9. Weather
10. Location
11. Sports
12. Cuisine
13. Transportation
14. Infrastructure
15. Healthcare
16. Education
17. Affordability
18. Pop culture
19. History
20. Architecture
21. Fun
22. Nightlife
23. Urban living
24. Freedom
25. Lifestyle

What do you think?
I was in Finland, there was nothing to see. They showed me some old unattractive ruins on an island and a modern church. That's it. Every day they would drink a little bit and sleep under table or on the floor. It was really boring, but we had fun conversations about same subject every day, while (they) were drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe