Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country do you prefer overall?
Sweden - Sverige 35 47.30%
Norway - Norge/Noreg 39 52.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:15 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,494,472 times

Advertisements

Norway: nicer scenery, less immigrants, less feminists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 10:01 AM

60 posts, read 58,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
If you are out for cities and night life I guess Sweden is more appealing, even though Scandinavia sucks in general when it comes to big cities and night life but I guess Sweden would be the best choice if it has to be Scandinavia and you are out for that.
Well to be fair Magnus, Stockholm really has one of the best nightlife scenes in the world. A bit polarized sometimes I guess but there is something for everyone here, no matter how you swing.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:17 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,575,601 times
Is it true snowmobiles are illegal in Norway?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:44 PM

990 posts, read 1,950,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Depends on where in Norway.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:24 PM

6,475 posts, read 8,236,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Snowmobiles are legal to own in Norway but only legal to drive in certain municipalities, typically in Northern Norway. I believe the government are planning some changes.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:30 AM

363 posts, read 482,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Depends on where in Norway.
In cities such as Bergen and Stavanger there are no use for snowmobiles since it rarely ever snows there. Rain is the dominant weather there during Winter, and Wind can be added to the Stavanger Winter weather.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:12 AM

491 posts, read 756,559 times
Climate diversity: Norway
Scenary/landscape: Obviously Norway
Urban: Sweden, of course.
Language: Swedish, my native tongue.
Demographic: Norway.
Culture/food/holidays: Norway.
Entertainment/things to see/do: Norway
History: Sweden
Education: Norway
Cost of living: Sweden! Norway is waaay to expensive.
Career opportunity: Norway

Where would you rather live? I live in Sweden, could move to Norway.
Which country is more interesting? Norway.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:17 PM

59 posts, read 67,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Climate diversity: Tie
Scenery/landscape: Norway; Sweden seems to be relatively flat and well... a bit boring
Urban: Sweden, easily. That country has quite a lot to offer city-wise.
Language: Tie; both seem to be quite similar.
Demographic: – don't know how to rank that; that factor isn't important to me.
Culture/food/holidays: Sweden
Entertainment/things to see/do: Sweden
History: Sweden
Education: Tie; Sweden does have better universities, though.
Cost of living: Sweden
Career opportunity: Sweden; their economy seems to be a bit more "diverse"

Where would you rather live? Sweden
Which country is more interesting? Depends; Sweden's cities are certainly more interesting, nature-wise Norway is much more appealing to me.

Overall: I prefer Sweden.
I have not been in Sweden for years but what I know it is not a flat country. Sweden has a part of the Scandinavian Mountains (Scandes) which is 1,700km log and 320km wide. The Scandes are 500km longer than the Alps. Sweden has a much more diverse climate and nature than Norway which is an Alpine and oceanic country. Sweden has three types of climate: Oceanic climate, humid continental climate and sub-arctic climate. You find massive wooden areas, Great Plains, mountains and massive archipelagos – most famous is Stockholm archipelago which has 30,000 islands. The only reason why people rather live in Norway is that Sweden has massive unemployment, high crime, massive immigration of unskilled and unwanted labor from third world countries, a corrupt government and governmental institutions, an insane mainstream media and politicians. I would say that Sweden when it comes to politics is deeply disturbing. Fellow European countries either watch in distaste, fascination or are as in the case Denmark, with horror because it may be only a matter of time until the deep and dangerous domestic problems in Sweden will spill over on Denmark. The former leader of the third largest party in Denmark recently wrote

Quote:
“Some have referred to it (Sweden) as "DDR light". Others have called it a consensus society. Personally I do not think that the right word is invented yet. Sweden is so crazy that it differs from any other society in history, and in fact it might not be the political scientists who involved in the name-calling (Swedish MSM and politicians calls people for racists and fascists because they want to decrease immigration). Sweden needs a psychiatrist specializing in schizophrenia and displacement of feelings.”

Last edited by CharlesMcintyre; 12-20-2014 at 12:26 PM..

Old 12-20-2014, 12:35 PM

109 posts, read 237,147 times
unless you dont work in norway Its will always be ridiculously expensive to travel around the country... Sweden looks cheap in comparison.. that thrumps it all..

Old 12-20-2014, 12:56 PM

60 posts, read 58,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesMcintyre View Post
The only reason why people rather live in Norway is that Sweden has massive unemployment, high crime, massive immigration of unskilled and unwanted labor from third world countries, a corrupt government and governmental institutions, an insane mainstream media and politicians. I would say that Sweden when it comes to politics is deeply disturbing. Fellow European countries either watch in distaste, fascination or are as in Denmark case are scared that the domestic political problems in Sweden will spill over on Denmark.
So basically we have massive problems? I assure you, we have some big problems that needs dealing with, what country doesn't, but they are not as massive as you would like to point out.

You also post a quote by the former leader of the third largest Danish political party who I assume are "The Danish Peoples Party" and Pia Kjærsgaard, who are so far to the right the term racist is really not that far away. Anyone claiming to want to keep the people free of multi-ethnicity as Pia Kjærsgaard wants is racist in my book.

And if criticism against racism is consensus in Sweden as your quote claims, I thank god I live here and not in Denmark or any other bigoted country in some dark corner of the world. However I know for a fact that Denmark is not a bigoted country at all, only the people you quote from. And it's these forces that the collective political establishment here are fighting. It has really nothing to do with political issues about immigration or integration, it's only about fighting anyone wanting to build walls and send people back to a place they would die in.

Unfortunately racism is on the rise here as well, but I for one don't think it's because of political correctness the collective mass of people in Sweden stand up against it, it's just because it's the right ****ing thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe