Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:28 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times

Advertisements

Diversity rally gathers 15,000 in Helsinki

Dozens of Finnish political, religious, labour, sports and cultural leaders addressed a crowd gathered to protest hate speech.

Organized by a small group of volunteers within just a couple of days under the slogan "We Have a Dream", the demonstration was spurred by a Facebook post on Friday night by MP Olli Immonen, a member of the Finns Party’s far-right anti-immigration wing. He called for his “fellow fighters” to battle against “the nightmare of multiculturalism” in Finland, predicting that their “enemies'...ugly bubble” would be “burst into a million little pieces”.

Diversity rally gathers 15,000 in Helsinki | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

Old 07-28-2015, 02:35 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,302 times
Till what percentage is diversity celebrated? When immigrants are at 5% of population or 30%? And when is it something to worry about if ever? 80%?

Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 AM

504 posts, read 465,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Looks like you're still confused. And somewhat in denial about it.

Trying to reconcile the relativism of pro-LGBT liberalism (which is permissive of your "lifestyle") with a not-so-liberal rejection of Islam (which is not so permissive of your "lifestyle"). The truth is, your world view, both present and past, is foundationally incoherent and you're resorting to some illicit ad hoc rescue to make it appear plausible. This won't end well.
Your username is incredibly apt. Whether an ironic admission of your aloof nature or co-incidence, I know not. If you think I "look confused", then you should have gone to Specsavers (parochial joke).

I'm not remotely confused. A liberal society that embraces those who not only do not share it's ideals, but actively works to usurp it, is ultimately doomed. Permissiveness is the very touchstone of social liberalism, but it has to have limits. A country in which the largest group of immigrants are of the illiberal, piously religious type, who proceed to out-breed the indigenous population considerably, is eventually going to lose it's identity.

The assurance given has always been that once established, those immigrants assimilate and "go native". The direct opposite has happened and is happening.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:25 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,302 times
This is not in Karachi and Lahore, but in London and Machester.

Dont worry the Leftists have assured everyone that Muslims are a sweet bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddiDjQ_Y10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPDq6yBBUGA

Old 07-29-2015, 01:47 PM

431 posts, read 449,471 times
wow, this forum is full on stormfront

Old 07-29-2015, 02:09 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Your username is incredibly apt. Whether an ironic admission of your aloof nature or co-incidence, I know not. If you think I "look confused", then you should have gone to Specsavers (parochial joke).

I'm not remotely confused. A liberal society that embraces those who not only do not share it's ideals, but actively works to usurp it, is ultimately doomed. Permissiveness is the very touchstone of social liberalism, but it has to have limits. A country in which the largest group of immigrants are of the illiberal, piously religious type, who proceed to out-breed the indigenous population considerably, is eventually going to lose it's identity.

The assurance given has always been that once established, those immigrants assimilate and "go native". The direct opposite has happened and is happening.
Reading through your posting history, brimming with barely concealed racist bile and vitriol has been interesting.

If you can selectively disenfranchise certain minorities from your vernacular of "permissive liberalism" just because you don't like what they have to say, don't like the color of their skin or the way they live, nothing is stopping others from drawing their own boundaries of permissiveness in ways that are incompatible with yours, for example, by defining your LGBT lifestyle as abnormal.

As soon as you apply ad hoc addenda to your mindset in this way (a hallmark of a confused ideology), pretty much anything goes as far as redefining what is permissible and what isn't. That is because your ideology, by definition, lacks any meta-ethical underpinning.

I think it's good that you've chosen to leave London once and for all. I don't think people like you belong in an international city. I hope the Stormfront crowd are more sympathetic to your cause and your lifestyle choices than the "brown people" you despise so much.

Last edited by Hightower72; 07-29-2015 at 03:06 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 02:13 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
wow, this forum is full on stormfront
Racists have infiltrated this forum I noticed it long ago they are usually somewhat discrete but they aren't very bright for the most part if you read posts carefully the clues are there.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-30-2015 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 07-29-2015, 02:21 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,717,618 times
Multi-culturalism can work (look at Canada for example). But Multi-culturalism with a strong Muslim presence can't.

Most other cultures are compatible with each other, but Islamism wants to exclude/convert other culture based on my understanding.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:31 PM

431 posts, read 449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
But Multi-culturalism with a strong Muslim presence can't.
It works fine in Singapore.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:31 PM

827 posts, read 630,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Racists have infiltrated this forum I noticed it long ago they are usually somewhat discrete but they aren't very bright for the most part if you read posts carefully the clues are there.
So if we refuses tons of immigrants who only brings troubles we are evil racists?

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-30-2015 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Orphaned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe