Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .
UK 36 46.75%
Deustchland 41 53.25%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:26 AM

138 posts, read 130,829 times

Advertisements

Yeah I agree there are alot of Engish people who have an arrogant attitude and think that the world owes them their service, definitely noticed this in some locations but I suppose this is the class thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,631,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozef77 View Post
Sorry, but i consider Germany also as a small country. Big countries are China, USA, India for example. Not that it is necessarily a good thing, but in the future or even today they have more to say than we do. Most Brits like to breast themselves with their Empire and what not, but that's long gone now. Germany also had an Empire so what.
Saxonwold is American, not British. I've never met a British person who wasn't alive during WW2 who actually cares about the British empire.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:57 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,401,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesickness View Post
Britain is not a small country but I do agree that Brits forget that they are an island country sometimes.

Some do need a reality check.
What as being an island got to do with anything? Its a fairly big island you know....

Old 04-18-2015, 12:39 PM

111 posts, read 133,612 times
I don't understand why the UK or England is such a class divided country. Is it a clsss divided country? I often read comments like "I shop at Waitrose, because I don't want to get in contact with riff-raff people" Are those comments meant seriously? I also read that some people shop at Aldi or LIdl, but they repack their purchases into a bag from Waitrose. So other people think they have shoped at Waitrose. Very strange. What is so special at Waitrose? I have looked several photos of this store, but it looks like an ordinary supermarket. Maybe a little bit above average. Similar to a somewhat upmarket Edeka or Rewe store in Germany.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westphal View Post
I don't understand why the UK or England is such a class divided country. Is it a clsss divided country? I often read comments like "I shop at Waitrose, because I don't want to get in contact with riff-raff people" Are those comments meant seriously? I also read that some people shop at Aldi or LIdl, but they repack their purchases into a bag from Waitrose. So other people think they have shoped at Waitrose. Very strange. What is so special at Waitrose? I have looked several photos of this store, but it looks like an ordinary supermarket. Maybe a little bit above average. Similar to a somewhat upmarket Edeka or Rewe store in Germany.
Haha, that is true people actually do that. I don't though, we shop at like 4 supermarkets for our food because each one has its benefits, the luxury supermarkets aren't good though because they are small. I have yet to see a Marks and Spencer's that is bigger than a Tesco Express.

I could afford to buy luxury food but I just stick to Tesco because its bigger and its better, I am not a snob either. No one is better than anyone just because they have money but there a lot of people who think that. No one actually cares where you shop, we have more things to be doing than worrying about that.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,536,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westphal View Post
A lot of people all over the world will have this attitude, it has nothing to do with what country they are from.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What as being an island got to do with anything? Its a fairly big island you know....
Its really not that big. People in England go on like their country is the size of Greenland or something, I have flown in larger countries for 3 hours and I still didn't get to the other side.

You can go from the South Coast to the North Coast in 90 minutes MAX.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:05 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,529,192 times
Quote:
Its really not that big. People in England go on like their country is the size of Greenland or something ....
Oh dear. What are you going on about?

Old 04-18-2015, 04:53 PM
SE9

219 posts, read 349,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Oh dear. What are you going on about?
Indeed. Laughable.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:23 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,621,103 times
Quote:
Its really not that big. People in England go on like their country is the size of Greenland or something, I have flown in larger countries for 3 hours and I still didn't get to the other side.

You can go from the South Coast to the North Coast in 90 minutes MAX.
It's only the 9th largest island on the planet. Really not that big at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe