Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,272,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
no it's not. but i see thaT IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER. you are probally one of those people who is just light skin and wants to be very pale. you not actually white. you're just fair.
No really my skin is literally pure white lol. I am not "wanting" to be white at all.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,813,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
European colonists gave that name to themselves. White wasn't just choosen because of their skin tone either it was a description to separate themselves from the ''heathen, savage, dark natives'' of places outside and far from Europe.

White people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

European colonists categorised people into different races; calling themselves the white (e.g. the clean, angelic, perfect) race.

not surprised that an african doesnt know history its only bad history for your people. (no racist)

Just admit you're racist and lets move on....
that was a pretty accurate description, though.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:23 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,406,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
We called you albino devils very accurate.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,989,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
no it's not. but i see thaT IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER. you are probally one of those people who is just light skin and wants to be very pale. you not actually white. you're just fair.
What are your features like, then? I know I'm Galician because my grandmother is very proud of her Galician roots, and she has pale skin and blue eyes. My grandfather was too, but he didn't like calling himself a Spaniard because he was a very strong pro-Independence Party Puerto Rican.

Just so you know, the poster you're responding to is ethnically Scottish and/or Irish. If anything, his skin is probably has white as my mom's (she is type I)

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 04-24-2015 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-24-2015, 02:26 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,406,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
People always joke with me that I'm adopted when they meet my mom. My mom looks Irish pale complete with a ton of freckles on her face. Ironically, she is like 10% Puerto Rican, I'm roughly 1-3%.
Is your Dad not Puerto Rican?

Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Is your Dad not Puerto Rican?
Ethnically, not at all. Probably 0%. My dad looks like one of those Spaniards you see on TV. His mom is pale with blue eyes and she is a "gallega orgullosa" as she likes to say. His late grandparents were from Galicia, moved to PR just before PR was handed over to the US. The only person who is Puerto Rican is my mom's father. Even then, he's still less than 25%. According to family rumor, his great great grandmother was one of those indigenous that looked like a Filipina. That was many generations ago. Because of how Spanish colonial society was structured back then, Spaniards were strongly encouraged to mix with only other Spanish or criollos or peninsulares. So, after 5 generations or so, it's just been one criollo after another. Bred the indigenous out, basically. or, as the Spanish called it back then "repurified". That legacy is still there today. If a family is born with a child who has green or blue eyes, that child becomes the favorite automatically.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 04-24-2015 at 02:47 PM..

Old 04-24-2015, 02:44 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
Except for "heathen." That term rightfully belong to European pagans, though it's been used as a pejorative by Christians. I fully support reclaiming the word. Not only does it denote a pagan, it implies a more rustic living style, which is entirely consistent with European paganism.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Except for "heathen." That term rightfully belong to European pagans, though it's been used as a pejorative by Christians. I fully support reclaiming the word. Not only does it denote a pagan, it implies a more rustic living style, which is entirely consistent with European paganism.
I thought heathen was used for the parts of Europe not under Roman control. Interesting

Old 04-24-2015, 02:55 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,627,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ethnically, not at all. Probably 0%. My dad looks like one of those Spaniards you see on TV. His mom is pale with blue eyes and she is a "gallega orgullosa" as she likes to say. His late grandparents were from Galicia, moved to PR just before PR was handed over to the US. The only person who is Puerto Rican is my mom's father. Even then, he's still less than 25%. According to family rumor, his great great grandmother was one of those indigenous that looked like a Filipina. That was many generations ago. Because of how Spanish colonial society was structured back then, Spaniards were strongly encouraged to mix with only other Spanish or criollos or peninsulares. So, after 5 generations or so, it's just been one criollo after another. Bred the indigenous out, basically. or, as the Spanish called it back then "repurified". That legacy is still there today. If a family is born with a child who has green or blue eyes, that child becomes the favorite automatically.
Is there such a thing of Puerto Rican ethnicity? I would have assumed anyone whose family has heritage from Puerto Rico would be Puerto Rico.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:56 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,627,086 times
Quote:
We called you albino devils very accurate.
I thought melanin deficient was the correct term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe