Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 09:58 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,942,594 times

Advertisements

It is also directly correlated to vitamin synthesis.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:02 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,418,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It is also directly correlated to vitamin synthesis.
Vitamin consumption?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:07 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,942,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Vitamin consumption?
No rather production in the body of certain vitamins is related to skin pigmentation specifically folate, Vit D.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,430,185 times
I want to know also temperature plays a role to determine the pigmentation.
Hypothetically what if Europe is a very hot place all year round despite their high latitude/lack of UV rays, does it affect human skin color results little darker than now?
Noticed that my skin turns paler when I'm exposed in fairly cool weather for long time no matter how much cloud covers in the sky.

Last edited by tenkier7; 05-05-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,011,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
I want to know also temperature plays a role to determine the pigmentation.
Hypothetically what if Europe is a very hot place all year round despite their high latitude/lack of UV rays, does it affect human skin color results little darker than now?
Noticed that my skin turns paler when I'm exposed in fairly cool weather for long time no matter how much cloud covers in the sky.
No, it doesn't. Skin color is a result of melanin, which is activated by UV radiation, not temperature. You can get high UVs in the Arctic. Notice that Arctic peoples are not pale?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:09 PM

90 posts, read 111,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I would advise you to be a little smarter and not deform my words. OK?
I never recall saying that France is a Southern European, however parts of France are, such as southern France and the island of Corsica even within the Mediterranean region (Southern Europe). On the European scale, France is a large country therefore covers various regions. The most northern parts of France borders northern parts of Belgium (Flanders) and at one time was part of the famous French Flanders region. Pas-de-Calais is the department located in the far-north just across the Straight of Dover, and other parts as well are in the same latitude as central and southern Germany, southern Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic and so forth. Parts of Ukraine are in Southern Europe too, especially the Black Sea regions. Southern Switzerland, southern Austria are in Southern Europe too, they border northern Italy. So please don't have that "old Cold War" mentality putting every Eastern European country in Central/Eastern Europe. That's a bunch of nonsense. The Balkans are in Southern Europe as well.
Studies, surveys have shown that within France, the blondest regions are in the north and east, especially in Normandy, Brittany, including other departments bordering the English Channel, while the least blond are those in the southwest and along the Mediterranean Sea coast, including Corsica. (this means regions bordering Spain or Italy). So northern France has a higher frequency than 26% for blonde/light brown hair, while southern France has a lower frequency than 26%.
Also in terms of skin types, western France seems to have a slightly higher proportion of people with fair skin types (I and II) than eastern France. This reaches a maxima in the "Celtic" enclave of Brittany in northwest France. The Bretons also have the highest percentage per capita of French people who freckle easily. At the same time, northern France has a higher proportion of truly fair-skinned than southern France which is more similar to Mediterranean populations.
i suggest you be smarter. i never said that eastern europe is only east and central. Its obvious that south east europe is southern european, not just in location but in phenotype. Stop with the celtic crap. you are a germanic that kisses up to the celt. you a auburn headed person of germanic origin. you know that orange hiar is not from celtic people. the origins are still unknown but is from europe. germanic people also commonly have ginger hair. truly fair skin? what is that. fair skin is fair skin. you are type 2 and so am i. were both auburn headed people and light eyed. but i'm celtic and you're germanic

Old 05-08-2015, 07:16 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,499,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
i suggest you be smarter. i never said that eastern europe is only east and central. Its obvious that south east europe is southern european, not just in location but in phenotype. Stop with the celtic crap. you are a germanic that kisses up to the celt. you a auburn headed person of germanic origin. you know that orange hiar is not from celtic people. the origins are still unknown but is from europe. germanic people also commonly have ginger hair. truly fair skin? what is that. fair skin is fair skin. you are type 2 and so am i. were both auburn headed people and light eyed. but i'm celtic and you're germanic
Just relax, there are different types of fair skin too. Within France, according to studies by Veronique et Battaille (2005), western French people have a higher frequency of fair skin than those in the east reaching a the maximum in Bretagne (Brittany)! Bretagne also happens to be the Celtic stronghold of France! Likewise northern French have higher frequencies of fair skin than southern French folks. Skin type I is commonest in Bretagne.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:53 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,499,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfk35 View Post
I confirm what you said. But the 26% blondness is too high. I would say blond people among the grown up is around 10 or 15 % Maybe 20% in the north and >10% in the south. Blond eyes, freckle and pale skin are very common here, but less in the south. Nevertheless, I think people (girl) from the south are more attractive... less obesity and more character... but now I'm subjective
Yes, well depending on what you define as attractive. Southern French women can be quite hot! On the other hand some people also prefer the pale. blonde/light-haired, blue-eyed northern look. So people differ. The frequency of blue eyes within France is also more common in the north than in the south.
Frequency of blue eyes in France is 20.2% (national average according to a study released in 2012) and regions in the very north are usually above the national average, while those in the very south are below the national average.
For example, departments with a 28-32% frequency for blue-eyed people in France are the following:
Nord, Pas-de-Calais, Bas-Rhin, Haut-Rhin, Meurthe et Moselle, Meuse, Moselle, and Vosgues. These northeastern departements share are near the borders of Belgium or Germany depending on the departments, thus are similar to the regions of those countries nearby in terms of light eyes such as Flanders in Belgium where slightly over 30% have blue eyes. The department with the highest frequency of blue eyes in France is Mayenne (35%) in the Pays de la Loire region in the northwest, departments found in the Normandie and Bretagne regions are quite close to Mayenne too. In the south, you have a 15-20% range on average, with the lowest in the department of Ariege(12%) in the southwest in the Midi-Pyrenees. However Seine Saint Denis region around Paris also has the lowest frequency at 12%. Due to the fact that Paris ever since the Roman times was a place where people from all over the empire came. Regions around Paris, though are much more light-eyed. Blue eyes in European population is also somewhat linked to light skin. Corsica has an average of 10% for blue eyes.
Now we see that France since it is large country on the European scale shows great variations in terms of blue eyes. We could compare it national average of 20.2% to some European countries. Note that these only include blue eyes only not for gray or green eyes!

Norway - 55%
Denmark - 50%
Belgium - 28.9%
Portugal - 12%
Spain - 11.7%

Old 05-09-2015, 06:07 PM

142 posts, read 243,706 times
..looking at my childhood photos (baby: 1 year) I had red hair!! Well-brown red ..:O.. I was shocked.
Well it s obviously my baby body that needed to grow quickly..and pinkish skin plus reddish hair was an evolutionary advantage to grow calcium in my bones.

Looking at babies here almost all of them are or light Brown or blonde(like my brother when baby) or reddish-brown.

Looking at How my hair réflex in the sin now ..there is definitely a reddish hue in them..

Old 05-10-2015, 11:03 AM

90 posts, read 111,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Yes, well depending on what you define as attractive. Southern French women can be quite hot! On the other hand some people also prefer the pale. blonde/light-haired, blue-eyed northern look. So people differ. The frequency of blue eyes within France is also more common in the north than in the south.
Frequency of blue eyes in France is 20.2% (national average according to a study released in 2012) and regions in the very north are usually above the national average, while those in the very south are below the national average.
For example, departments with a 28-32% frequency for blue-eyed people in France are the following:
Nord, Pas-de-Calais, Bas-Rhin, Haut-Rhin, Meurthe et Moselle, Meuse, Moselle, and Vosgues. These northeastern departements share are near the borders of Belgium or Germany depending on the departments, thus are similar to the regions of those countries nearby in terms of light eyes such as Flanders in Belgium where slightly over 30% have blue eyes. The department with the highest frequency of blue eyes in France is Mayenne (35%) in the Pays de la Loire region in the northwest, departments found in the Normandie and Bretagne regions are quite close to Mayenne too. In the south, you have a 15-20% range on average, with the lowest in the department of Ariege(12%) in the southwest in the Midi-Pyrenees. However Seine Saint Denis region around Paris also has the lowest frequency at 12%. Due to the fact that Paris ever since the Roman times was a place where people from all over the empire came. Regions around Paris, though are much more light-eyed. Blue eyes in European population is also somewhat linked to light skin. Corsica has an average of 10% for blue eyes.
Now we see that France since it is large country on the European scale shows great variations in terms of blue eyes. We could compare it national average of 20.2% to some European countries. Note that these only include blue eyes only not for gray or green eyes!

Norway - 55%
Denmark - 50%
Belgium - 28.9%
Portugal - 12%
Spain - 11.7%

This is the blue eyed frequency of GB. light eyes ( Blue, green, grey, hazel)for england is 72%, 71% for wales, 77% for scotland, and 78% for Ireland. You can see the 57% in Southeast Scotland that is where the Vikings went. 88% light eyes in Norway, Sweden and 83% in Denmark.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe