Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 05:25 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Errr this: Racial whitening - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and 5 Nations That Imported Europeans to Whiten The Population - Atlanta Blackstar

People from Europe were encouraged to emigrant to Brazil to Whiten the population or ''breed the negro out''
That was later.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:28 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I don't think the tactics were that different, I think that on the mainland there were tens of millions of people. There was no true urban civilizations on the islands.

Also on the mainland the native people could pull back to the Sierre Madres and survive. Options like that are much more limited on an island.

There were a handful of people in both the mainland and the islands that were interested in baptising the local people and not in hunting them to extinction.
Yes, its probable that the mainland just had to big of a population to decimate while the islands it was credibly easy but then again there's still some left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
At the same time in Europe Catholics and Protestants killed each other, while trying their best to kill Muslims and Orthodox people. It was all about religion. Natives were Pagans who rejected God.
As nice as that sounds I don't buy it. It was clearly to do with their cultural and physical differences.

During that time those colonists made themselves think the White ''race'' was the most worthy so killing some Caribs to clear land for buildings and forts wasn't a bigger deal.

Do you seriously believe it was just for religion?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:34 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,428,386 times
Quote:
I was referring to Spanish colonists (or whatever you call them) wanting to purify the local population to ''breed'' the indigenous out. - That's the mentally challenged bit.

Black supremacy tendencies? LOL I have to look that up
Look up the Black Foot Soldier Network. I will not link to them. They put out some pretty disgusting stuff.

You go to that idea, but of course if a white person were to say something like that, they're practically the embodiment of evil.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Look up the Black Foot Soldier Network . I will not link to them. They put out some pretty disgusting stuff.

You go to that idea, but of course if a white person were to say something like that, they're practically the embodiment of evil.
Funny how you know about that group never heard of it...

OMG is that site real? I'm sorry but its more funny that anything else. lol Maybe I'm on the wrong site but some stuff they're saying is just reflecting reality just maybe over-exaggerating?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Funny how you know about that group never heard of it...

OMG is that site real? I'm sorry but its more funny that anything else. lol Maybe I'm on the wrong site but some stuff they're saying is just reflecting reality just maybe over-exaggerating?
They're quite real. It's interesting, however, that you find them funny and apparently agree with them to some extent.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
They're quite real. It's interesting, however, that you find them funny and apparently agree with them to some extent.
Well it is funny how they massively over-exaggerate racism and calling police ''terrorists masquerading as representatives of human rights....'' well they're not terrorist just hold biases rooted in racism?

But you don't even believe racism exists in the first place so....

Old 04-24-2015, 06:09 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Look up the Black Foot Soldier Network. I will not link to them. They put out some pretty disgusting stuff.

These guys aren't only racist they're nuts no doubt. Go to any Prison in the US you'll find these sorts of delusional paranoid racist types.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:11 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
I always thought it was due to the part of the world you were born in (assuming your parents weren't immigrants from somewhere like Africa).

Countries nearer the Poles don't get as much sunshine as those nearer to the Equator and therefore inhabitants have lesser amounts of pigmentation in their skin.

But something which has always intrigued me is why the inhabitants of places like the Asian countries and Japan have different types of eyes than the rest of the world. Maybe it's because they're much smaller in stature. The latter would help their bodies cope with hot climates since the heart doesn't have to work so hard to cool the body. But this is just supposition on my part.

OP interesting article, but I have been trying to find research on why people in East Asia have epicanthal folds?

Mainly the purpose of that feature?

Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
Quote:
Wrong. The untanned skin of Southern Europeans is characteristically white. Same for Northern Europeans, most of whom can tan as well. Actually, separating Southern/Northern Europeans categorically is silly. Differences between the north & south of Europe are of a clinal nature.

This is true, only noticeable difference is that southern Europeans generally tend to have dark hair, while many Northern Europeans are more likely to be blond.

But Europeans as a whole are not "dark skin" for the most part. But I guess it all relative.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Well it is funny how they massively over-exaggerate racism and calling police ''terrorists masquerading as representatives of human rights....'' well they're not terrorist just hold biases rooted in racism?

But you don't even believe racism exists in the first place so....
All but the most self-hating of white people would find the rhetoric of the Black Foot Soldiers disgusting. You may disagree with them, but it doesn't seem to affect you on a visceral level.

And you really would have to hate your own race to find it palatable if you're white. If you're not white, it doesn't affect you viscerally. Likewise, there are things that blacks and other nonwhites find viscerally offensive that whites are unaffected by. What I've shown is racial identity is stronger than racial politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe