Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:25 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampliment View Post
Canis and Killos are not "menores y adolescentes con problemas de integración social". Many drop school, but attend FP, professional training. They are not disruptive and violent, not particularly. Canis and Killos are a great percentage of those that attend public education. As to cocaine, etc, that's quite widespread among all classes, but Canis favour pills.
Are you even from Spain?

If so you'll know that to attend an FP you need to have graduated from highschool or take a test to prove your education level is high enough (For Grado Medio) or have Bachillerato or pass a test of similar level (For Grado Alto)
Those who have droped from highschool cannot pass the exams. For obvious reasons!
So do you know where they get ready to pass those tests? Programas de garantía social (PGS) aimed to aid people with integration problems (Some of them aim to prepare them for a profession while others just help them get back to studying)
See the page I shared with you? Those are the people that will point your beloved Cani or Jessi to a PGS. It's all been laid out to help them, really. The thing is, not all of them are willing to do much about their situation.

And would you say that people that resort to intimidation are not particularly violent? Do you need them to start punching everyone they encounter before labeling them as violent?
They attend public schools because they cannot afford anything else, and you're kidding yourself if you think they would be better had they attended private schools. Their problem stems from the environment they grow up in, not the school they attend.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 10-30-2015 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 AM

212 posts, read 209,263 times
A graduado escolar is enough, and entering FP is quite easy. Anyways, I know plenty of people that failed school and attended FP without much hassle. I don't know the specific details, but it's no great deal.

Those tests are a laugh.

Education now is very easy, not when I studied that was really tough and not universal. At my time, only middle class/rich studied for the most part and scolarity was compulsory until 10 years.

Never seen Canis in private or concertada schools, I attended to both. Different urban tribes. Canis are a specific social group that stems from public education.

As to Canis violent or intimidating, they mimmick films from other countries and might look intimidating, but no, not violent.

Yes, from the Republic of Catalonia, the last boutade.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
A graduado escolar is enough, and entering FP is quite easy. Anyways, I know plenty of people that failed school and attended FP without much hassle. I don't know the specific details, but it's no great deal.

Never seen Canis in private or concertada schools, I attended to both. Different urban tribes. Canis are a specific social group.
And how do you get your Graduado Escolar? Yeah, that's right, you have to end all 4 years of Highschool. Does that sound like graduating to you?

You can fail class but if you attend school you at least soak up some information and can pick up later and study.
If you drop out and never even get to hear how something is done you won't have an easy time.

No I can tell you went to a private school, don't worry that didn't need clarification.
And what part of "They attend public school because they can't afford anything else" did you not get?
You won't see them studying in private schools because their family spent their money paying bills, food, public school material, which is expensive as **** (Might be part of the reason why some drop out of school and start working.) and their fake gold chains and pastis for tha partay. (Which, as it turns out, are way less expensive than school books.)

Old 10-30-2015, 11:53 AM

Graduado Escolar is very easy, not before. The standards are lower because, partially, the arrival or immigrants. Graduado Escolar...yes, a laugh..but better something than nothing.
I went to a religious "concertada" school, but the priests expelled me and I ended in a private school. Hate religion and I don't like priests. Those priests were violent, not Canis.

Concertada schools are middle of the way, not very expensive.. Yes, school books are a racket.

Start working...that was before, when children started to work at twelve..even before graduado escolar, not now..now they become "ni-ni".."ni estudian ni trabajan"...a disaster. Not a specifically economic problem.

But yes, I believe that education should be a universal right..and there are public schools that are quite right. It depends a lot on the community.

Main problem are politicians, they are changing education laws constantly..and financing..

Last edited by pampliment; 10-30-2015 at 12:07 PM..

Old 10-30-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Graduado Escolar is very easy, not before. The standards are lower because, partially, the arrival or immigrants. Graduado Escolar...yes, a laugh..but better something than nothing.
Yeah, if everything fails, blame it on immigration. Surely the root of the problem doesn't lie on a culture that glorifies mediocrity.

Quote:
I went to a religious "concertada" school, but the priests expelled me and I ended in a private school. Hate religion and I don't like priests. Those priests were violent, not Canis.
If X is more violent than Y, then Y is not violent?
Hey, by that logic, since there are sadists that butcher people alive, being beaten to a pulp shouldn't be considered violence.

Quote:
Concertada schools are middle of the way, not very expensive.. Yes, school books are a racket.
Every cent counts.

Quote:
Start working...that was before, when children started to work at twelve..even before graduado escolar, not now..now they become "ni-ni".."ni estudian ni trabajan"...a disaster. Not a specifically economic problem.
Huh? No, that was barely 7 years ago. The ones that had to start working when they were children were those that are now 60+ years old. These days kids start working when they're 17 Y/o.

And no, not every dropout kid becomes a nini. Some do.
It depends on how much fear they can strike on their familie's heart. Have you ever watched "Hermano mayor"? That's your usual cani-nini hybrid.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 PM

I'm not blaming the immigration, they are doing quite well.
I lived in a National-Catholic country, difficult to explain.
You either had National-Syndicalist (fascist) public schools that had the guiding principle that letters enter with blood, or Catholic schools, some were good but other were staffed with crazy priests.
And you had private schools, that was another world.
Formacion Profesional was not that bad, since it was according to the principles.
No Ni-Ni because there was no unemployment..etc
Not that old here, I know people that are in their 50's and younger and I have been working since 12.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:57 PM

But yes, Canis I believe are more extreme....
Killos on the other had, are more of a by-product and more of a aesthetic look, they also come from public schools but there are also rich killos.
Not all are bad looking or "fringe".
A famous "poligonera" is now famous in the entire world. Poligoneros are those kids that go to discos in industrial parks. Probably they do exist in France. More of a social tribe.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe