Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 04:17 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Let's put aside the fact that OP is a troll who's coming here ever couple of weeks: I doubt that someone from the US who considers moving to Europe competes with dirt poor Middle Easterners job-wise.
Yes the OP is a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:22 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
The fact that you can't decide between Finland and Denmark (where the languages are totally different), have no plan or money will set you up for failure.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:17 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
1500 dollars is too little, they wouldn't last you even a month especially in an expensive country like Denmark. I don't think you need to be skilled to search for a job, most of the immigrants who come here aren't and they still find jobs. For example, finding a job as a waiter shouldn't be too hard although you wouldn't get much out of it.
Which immigrants are you talking about? People from other EU countries, or people with work visas, are not allowed to come, unless they have a job.

But among family reunion, and asylum seekers, then almost no one is getting a job without knowing the language, and many is never able to get a job despite knowing the language.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:08 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Which immigrants are you talking about? People from other EU countries, or people with work visas, are not allowed to come, unless they have a job.

But among family reunion, and asylum seekers, then almost no one is getting a job without knowing the language, and many is never able to get a job despite knowing the language.

I'm not talking about asylum seekers but mostly about economic migrants from other EU countries and people with work visas. Of course, the first step is to learn the language, the second is to go to the country where you want to move to where you can stay for up to 3 months on a tourist visa if your ountry isn't part of the UE and for a longer time if your country and try searching for a new job.

If you have learned the language, are in your 20s, have had a bit of experience finding an unskilled work (waiter, dishwasher, ecc.) shouldn't be too hard. That's how my cousin found work in London and the same goes for most other large cities.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:28 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Yes = but I repeat = NOT NOW. This summer has changed the whole world. Anyone who watches the news, not just USA news because this is not such a problem here and so not reported to the degree it is in Europe, will understand that with the hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers, economic migrants, and other hopefuls, the situation is forever changed in Europe. A new business has arisen, that of people smuggling; which was always around but now has been discovered by people who are making millions on these poor refugees and then abandoning them to their fate on the high seas or elsewhere. European countries cannot turn these people back; they realize this would be inhuman, so they are put into camps until their status can be determined.

Anyone who wants to get to Europe now and make a living will have to get in line. You would have to be pretty desirable to jump in front of all this influx.

Please read this article

Why is EU struggling with migrants and asylum? - BBC News

and realize that the situation has only gotten worse in the last two months.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:02 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I'm not talking about asylum seekers but mostly about economic migrants from other EU countries and people with work visas. Of course, the first step is to learn the language, the second is to go to the country where you want to move to where you can stay for up to 3 months on a tourist visa if your ountry isn't part of the UE and for a longer time if your country and try searching for a new job.

If you have learned the language, are in your 20s, have had a bit of experience finding an unskilled work (waiter, dishwasher, ecc.) shouldn't be too hard. That's how my cousin found work in London and the same goes for most other large cities.
Learning the language is no easy task, that takes years, and even then you may struggle. Thats not an easy route for Americans who want to move to europe.

Of course you can go to the UK, but a lot of people want to go to the UK. You either need to be quite talented, or accept terrible pay.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:01 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Yes = but I repeat = NOT NOW. This summer has changed the whole world. Anyone who watches the news, not just USA news because this is not such a problem here and so not reported to the degree it is in Europe, will understand that with the hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers, economic migrants, and other hopefuls, the situation is forever changed in Europe. A new business has arisen, that of people smuggling; which was always around but now has been discovered by people who are making millions on these poor refugees and then abandoning them to their fate on the high seas or elsewhere. European countries cannot turn these people back; they realize this would be inhuman, so they are put into camps until their status can be determined.

Anyone who wants to get to Europe now and make a living will have to get in line. You would have to be pretty desirable to jump in front of all this influx.

Please read this article

Why is EU struggling with migrants and asylum? - BBC News

and realize that the situation has only gotten worse in the last two months.
The average European isn't really affected by this. Tourists or Americans that want to move here to work even less so.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
The average European isn't really affected by this. Tourists or Americans that want to move here to work even less so.
I'm still going to take my vacation to bavaria and berlin in may. I can care less about the rest of the mess..... Aren't they sending all the refugees north anyways?

The borders are where all the bad stuff is happening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-RBMGDozk

Old 11-03-2015, 08:59 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Vacation is one thing - EU countries are delighted for you to come and spend all your money.

Heading over there with with a one-way ticket, hardly any money, and no plans, particularly at this time, says to the immigration officer at the airport, "I'm coming over here to get lost immediately, find somewhere to bunk, then get on welfare and benefits as soon as possible."

Old 11-03-2015, 09:14 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times
$1500 is way to little money for the EU and especially Scandinavia. I suggest that the OP goes to Southeast Asia instead. Their money would go a lot further there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe