Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:59 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't know why people feel the need to compare northern Europe to southern Europe constantly here.
because it has a 99percent chance of ending in a trollfest. and because it's FUNNY. duh.

Spoiler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 03:20 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Spain's dependency rate is skyrocketing. By the year 2021, Spain will have SIX retirees and students for every ONE employed person. Spain's birth rate of 1.3 children per woman, is among the lowest in the world. And since the 2008 recession, and 25% unemployment rate, they are no longer getting immigration.

Good grief!

Spain has a pop of about 46m, and about 17.5m employees. Your figures would mean an employees to population ratio of maximal 1/7 or 14.3%. But 14.3% of 46m means only about 6.6m employees. Do you really believe that the number of employees in Spain will fall by more than 10m in just 5 years? Absurd.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,719 times
Quote:
I don't know why people feel the need to compare northern Europe to southern Europe constantly here. They are different cultures and life styles. Wealth or GDP doesn't necessarily measure the happiness or contentment of people or the lifestyle they live. Not everyone's priority is to be the richest and baddest at the expense of family, happiness, culture and longevity.
We come home, in the morning light, the nordphiliacs say "When you're gonna live your life right?"
Oh nordphiliacs dears, you know the North's the number one but Southerners just wanna have fun.
OoOOoh Southerners just wanna have fu-uuuuun.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:14 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
I don't know why people feel the need to compare northern Europe to southern Europe constantly here. They are different cultures and life styles. Wealth or GDP doesn't necessarily measure the happiness or contentment of people or the lifestyle they live. Not everyone's priority is to be the richest and baddest at the expense of family, happiness, culture and longevity.
Why are you continuing to compare Northern and Southern Europe with each other? "Not everyone's priority is to be the richest and baddest at the expense of family, happiness, culture and longevity." Lol...

Old 02-21-2016, 07:29 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why are you continuing to compare Northern and Southern Europe with each other? "Not everyone's priority is to be the richest and baddest at the expense of family, happiness, culture and longevity." Lol...
I'm glad you find it funny but nothing I said isn't true.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
I'm glad you find it funny but nothing I said isn't true.
So you mean that Northern Europe has discarded family, happiness and culture for money? Think again, none of that is true.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:43 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
So you mean that Northern Europe has discarded family, happiness and culture for money? Think again, none of that is true.
I'm not here to argue with you or anyone nor did I say Northern Europe has discarded family, happiness or culture. I said that having the highest GDP is not necessarily everyone's ultimate goal in life and doesn't necessarily make people happier. You can interpret that any way you like.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:16 PM

570 posts, read 605,334 times
tall traveler
When you visit Northern of Spain you will see another World with a PIB per capita of
18000 en Malaga and 29000 en Bilbao,
Think that Bavaria in Germany one place of the richest in the World has the PIB per capita of 35000 very near Bilbao because is a industrial zone.-.
The Northern is much more richer and more demanding in the works and a different World that Marbella
Although in Spain there is not with money the abysmal differences of Bronx with Manhattan in New York .- .-
Think that Spain equals eg hospital and free education throughout the country and this alleviates
the differences in Per capita money of people between regions.-

Old 02-22-2016, 02:46 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Although in Spain there is not with money the abysmal differences of Bronx with Manhattan in New York .- .-
Think that Spain equals eg hospital and free education throughout the country and this alleviates
the differences in Per capita money of people between regions.-
But the Bronx is wealthier than Spain. The issue in Spain is that it isn't particularly wealthy overall.

Yes, the U.S. has massive income inequality, much worse than Spain, but median (again, median, not only average) incomes are higher than basically any major country. So the silly "but what about inequality" refrain is nonsense.

The whole point about the inequality debate is that you want "regular people" to have good economic outcomes, which is a good thing. But who would choose to be poorer just to have less inequality? That makes no sense.

And education and medical care are free in the Bronx too, if you are lower income.

Bavaria is a huge state, BTW, and not comparable to Bilbao. Spain doesn't have an equivalent to Bavaria. Not even Catalonia matches up in terms of wealth.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:54 PM

570 posts, read 605,334 times
Nola 101
I only just explained me his comment because You the has upset my comment . Sorry I do not want to bother anyone

Also I want to tell him it that I am a fam of USA and whenever can praise what successful of USA . I do It with pleasure,--

I repeat my apologies if I have upset you.-

!How easy it is annoy inadvertently! .-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe