Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 06:27 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times

Advertisements

We're building a wall and Estonia is gonna pay for it!

Those who are here already: off to Aussivitsi-Pirkinõy and PSSSSHHHH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 06:40 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,839,371 times
We are gonna cut the alcohol supply and it won't be long until the crazed Finns will slaughter each other off because of withdrawal symptoms.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:45 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
We are gonna cut the alcohol supply and it won't be long until the crazed Finns will slaughter each other off because of withdrawal symptoms.
That's a good thing, I'd totally endorse that. Useless that Finns fill the Estonian tax coffers buying cheaper booze there.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:14 AM

324 posts, read 467,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Because the amount of successful integrated immigrants far outweights the number of those who create problems and because Europe is in need of such immigrants due to the decreasing and ageing population. Our current welfare system simply becomes unsustainable without a young working force
Maybe first the welfare system should be reformed instead of importing a foreign population to pay for it. Isn't that a bit arrogant as well? "We need these foreigners to come here to live as second class citizens and support our cushy lifestyle"

This is how Americans view Latin American immigrants... Many welcome them because we need people to scrub our toilets and cut our grass for cheap.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:06 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,817,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_a_wizard View Post
Maybe first the welfare system should be reformed instead of importing a foreign population to pay for it. Isn't that a bit arrogant as well? "We need these foreigners to come here to live as second class citizens and support our cushy lifestyle"

This is how Americans view Latin American immigrants... Many welcome them because we need people to scrub our toilets and cut our grass for cheap.
I don't view immigrants as second class citizens. They are trying to escape from countries in economical or political and we can offer them a brighter future, these immigrants would be subjected to the same rules Italian citizens are and enjoy the same rights and amongst them the welfare system.

Our work would be to ease them in into our new system and culture and furnishing unskilled ones with the right competences to find employment in our job market. After passing these tests, they would be eligible of citizenship.

Aside from that, i'm the first who despise the exploitment of these economically weaker people supporting for example the existence of a minimum wage at national level. The scenario i described if successful would be a win win situation as both immigrants and the host country would benefit greatly from this phenomenon

Old 04-25-2016, 08:24 AM

1,147 posts, read 719,016 times
Quote:
I think that immigrants from countries at odds with Western culture should be accepted and that it should be us who must try to bring these immigrants closer to our culture and ease them in their host country (obligatory courses so that they can learn our culture and language and be able to gain enough competences to find work or open a business themselves).
We should be compassionate to innocent people who are genuinely fleeing persecution, but the West must be more selective in all other cases. Preference should be given to groups who are statistically more likely to integrate better.

Examples might include the Chinese, Indians, Ukrainians, Bulgarians and Romanians.

I'm not suggesting that all immigration from the Middle East and North Africa should be cut as there are people from these regions who do well in the West, but I think sourcing more migrants from other regions is wiser at this point.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 04-25-2016 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM

1,147 posts, read 719,016 times
Quote:
I think that immigrants from countries at odds with Western culture should be accepted and that it should be us who must try to bring these immigrants closer to our culture and ease them in their host country (obligatory courses so that they can learn our culture and language and be able to gain enough competences to find work or open a business themselves).
We should be compassionate to innocent people who are genuinely fleeing persecution, but the West must be more selective in all other cases. Preference should be given to groups who are statistically more likely to integrate better.

Examples might include the Chinese, Indians, Ukrainians, Bulgarians and Romanians.

I'm not suggesting that all immigration from the Middle East and North Africa should be cut, as there are people from these regions who do well in the West – but I think sourcing more migrants from other regions is wise.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 04-25-2016 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 08:45 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,561,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We're building a wall and Estonia is gonna pay for it!

Those who are here already: off to Aussivitsi-Pirkinõy and PSSSSHHHH!
I believe Estonia is in a better shape than you guys Ariete.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
According to the regressive left's narrative, the more white people there are in a country, the more racists the specific country has, and this cannot be true in the 21. century! Wanting to keep your (white) heritage and remain a majority white society = bloody Hitler supporting nazi fascist!
I think it is perfectly fine for a country not to accept immigrants at all. Plenty of countries do that, and I wouldn't call that racist.

However, if a country decides to receive immigrants, and the policy favours only certain race other others, then I can call that a racist policy.

If a country decides to be racist, then please don't expect other nations not to call it a racist country. This country is still free to implement any racist policy it wants, but when others call it racists, it should have the guts to admit that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe