Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 02:16 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,016,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Also, Conservative and free in the same sentence look strange.
Which sentence would that be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,016,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Can't 'fly the Union Jack'!! No 'free speach'!!! Where on this earth did you hear that rubbish exactly?!! Incidentally knife deaths between the UK and the US are very similar, in the US however you are 250 times more likely to get shot to death than you are in the UK, that's TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY times more likely, Hmmmm I wonder why?!!! So who is the most 'free' now!?
You can't wave your English flag without being called racist.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:52 PM

502 posts, read 392,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Where at? I see plenty of English flags in England.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:35 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
What do you base that pearl of wisdom on exactly? The English may not be as soppy as some when it comes to flag waving (its only a bloody rag after all) but there are still English flags around, you should see the country when the world cup is running, plenty of English flags knocking about then.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:24 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,337,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
As far are freedom of speech and gun laws? Specifically Eastern Europe,most interested in the baltic countries,Poland,Austria,Italy and Hungary. Places that are trying to save themselves from oblivion. Also anyone how hard it would be to emigrate to these countries and eventually become a citizen?

Czech Republic, at least for locals (you have to pass a test in Czech language); Switzerland and Austria. The Baltic Countries have strict gun laws as far is I know, so do have Poland and Hungary. Finnland might have liberal gun laws too, liberal for European standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
An armed populace is a free populace. Any suggestions on Eastern European countries which would be the easiest to move to? I am part Polish and German but have no interest in moving to Germany.

Czech Republic is very pro-American I think, as an American you might settle there if you have enough money, some fringe states sell European citizenships. Many Americans are said to live in Praque.

Why do you want to leave the US? You have freedom of speech, liberal gun laws and no Green Pary that is going to take away your cars.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:50 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
I said it for this.

Because free weapons?
Peoples skin colour has nothing to do with the ludicrously high death rate by firearm in the US, now the incredibly 'relaxed' gun laws...............now you might be on to something there! Its not rocket science, for some reason 'some' Americans think they are more free because they can go into Walmart buy a gun and shoot the guy they've just had a 'road rage' incident with, that's because of brainwashing by the NRA. 'Some' are also under the impression that guns are somehow 'banned' in Europe, which again isn't true, its just that in Europe things are put into place that makes it 'safer', again I think its NRA brainwashing - the result = you are TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY times more likely to die from a gun in the US and for some really strange reason we are supposed to believe this is something to do with 'freedom'???? I don't really see it myself.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,337,202 times
Quote:
Peoples skin colour has nothing to do with the ludicrously high death rate by firearm in the US, now the incredibly 'relaxed' gun laws...............now you might be on to something there! Its not rocket science, for some reason 'some' Americans think they are more free because they can go into Walmart buy a gun and shoot the guy they've just had a 'road rage' incident with, that's because of brainwashing by the NRA. 'Some' are also under the impression that guns are somehow 'banned' in Europe, which again isn't true, its just that in Europe things are put into place that makes it 'safer', again I think its NRA brainwashing - the result = you are TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY times more likely to die from a gun in the US and for some really strange reason we are supposed to believe this is something to do with 'freedom'???? I don't really see it myself.

All American countries have high murder rates, except Canada and Chile if I remember correctly, the US has the 3rd lowest after Canada and Chile on the entire continent. The Baltic Countries have the highest murder rate in Europe and strict gun laws, on the other hand, CZ, Austria and Switzerland are safer than Germany.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:20 AM

827 posts, read 632,972 times
250 times more likely came in comparaison with who? Do you have a link?

Old 02-07-2019, 03:32 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
What do you need a gun for ? Are you a hunter ?
Self defense, and defense from an over controlling, tyrannical government because people like Mussolini never happen, right? For Americans it isn't about hunting, but about freedom.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:33 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
Quote:
Yes it does. You are CLUELESS. Please stay in the UK. Most violent crime committed by PEOPLE using a gun is inner city, Black, on Black violence. It is epidemic in CITIES around the U.S. and is not being addressed, as nobody in power seems to care if they die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe