Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 AM

23,918 posts, read 33,748,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
so OP tell us more about you to help you.
Looks like he got himself banned. It says Not a member under his user name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
Not a fan of history are ya?

Yes I am Half Polish and Half German, I have NEVER felt ANY kind of attachment to this country and never will,I feel more attachment to being a southerner than anything and moving to Europe won't be to just be in Europe it will be because America has fallen to the cultural marxists I want NOTHING to do with especially running my country into the ground. Poland has a right wing government as does Italy and Hungary. Hungary would be my first choice not sure of a 2nd choice. I can call myself whatever I want,I know my heritage and history I have researched it extensively. I truly don't care if you want me moving to Europe as it is it would be 15 years or more off in the future.
If you still are able to read here look into going back to the country of your ancestors origins. I'm able to go back to Hungary as both of my parents are immigrants. You may be entitled to it as well. Either look at posts here or google. Apply for citizenship (dual) of your ancestors origin then eventually move there. You can then move to Hungary if that's what you desire.

You can't just pick a country and move there. See the links below.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/europ...on-europe.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/legal...-citizens.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
I've posted this before, multiple times, but here it is again.

Are you an entrepeneur or have the ambition to be one? Or maybe work as an independent contractor? Then, as an American, you can apply for a visa for the Netherlands via the DAFT treaty (Dutch American Friendship Treaty).

https://expatlaw.nl/dutch-american-friendship-treaty

All you need in cash is 4500 euros on a company bank account in your name. Of course there would be an awfull lot of paperwork, extreme long and frustrating bureaucratic procedures and a seriously difficult and costly time of finding a house.

For this, I would advise to make use of a Dutch lawyer firm that specializes in DAFT (if you can afford it) like this for instance

https://www.everaert.nl/nl/desks/ame...reaty-usa-desk

What is your occupation? There is a huge demant for people in Construction, and also in medical occupations like nurses. The thing is, that the Dutch labour market consists for a very big part (and still growing) of independent contractors (ZZP'ers). Nearly every carpenter, mason, nurses, care takers, etc is independent these days, but also more and more staff like project managers, supervisors, foremen.
Not a good thing at all, but it does bring opportunities.

I think Americans are more familiar with this concept, so there must be chances for one that's willing to work long hours and take some risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 03:02 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,041,894 times
My ancestors have been gone from Europe for many generations so I have no such luck

Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,235,774 times
Americans find it particularly hard to immigrate to many countries, because they are seen as health care refugees. Pre-existing conditions do not meet Geneva Convention criteria for political asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe