Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 AM

41 posts, read 35,494 times

Advertisements

MilkDrinker: Are you German? I enjoyed your pictures of Romania. It is indeed a beautiful country, and very much underrated. I would like to discuss it more with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:06 PM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Estonia seems to be doing very well.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:57 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,393 times
I guess countries with outstanding job markets(and where wage growth isn't stagnant) have the brightest future.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:31 AM

142 posts, read 103,653 times
I believe Romania has the brightest future of all.

Industrial country with a vivid labor force.

They benefited from the EU a lot and more or less on a path to democracy.

Just look at Bulgaria and then look at Romania.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:31 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.CA View Post

wtf?

Sure, Romania is doing better than Bulgaria but I wouldn't use "just look" as a matter of comparison. I mean it's not like "just look at Greece/Czechia an then look at Bulgaria" for sure?

Old 11-01-2022, 02:49 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DginnDoctor View Post
^^^^And this is EXACTLY why I have no intention of EVER going to Russia! The most xenophobic, racist, sexist, homophobic group of people I've ever met...UGH! God forbid a non-Slav dare THINK of settling down in Russia, huh? One day, when Russia has only about 5 people (and if its demographics, drug and alcohol problems are any indication, they will get there), they will wake u and say, "Wow! Maybe we shouldn't have been close-minded and started accepting non-Slavs a long time ago! Maybe then we'd still have some semblance of a country"!

Good riddance.

Anyway to answer the OP's question, I think POland has the best bet for long-term. I think Czech growth is largely finite and confined to now. I don't think they'll decline so much as stagnate, much like I think Germany will. Poland has been receiving technology from the US more and more, and with it foreign investment. Much more so than the Czech Republic.
You must have had a terrible time in Russia. I have been there many times and never had a bad experience anywhere. And I only speak only one language, English.

Old 11-01-2022, 07:08 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
The one with the melting down nuclear reactor......(rimshot)

Old 11-01-2022, 08:55 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.CA View Post
I believe Romania has the brightest future of all.

Industrial country with a vivid labor force.

They benefited from the EU a lot and more or less on a path to democracy.

There's still a lot of corruption in Romania.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:39 PM

908 posts, read 442,112 times
There are obviously a number of different factors to consider here , which may very well change completely depending on how far into the future one wants to predict , so there really is no easy answer to this particular question IMO .

That typed I may as well throw in my own two cents , reflecting my own personal traditionalist/anti globalist beliefs of course , that virtually all East Central European countries may very well have both a bright and a dark future depending on how they arrange their affairs in the next generation or so .

At the moment ( like all over the world it seems ) the present prospects of a bright future seem rather unlikely , however that should in no way deter this particular bunch of small nations from daring to dream " big " as they say .

Really the key lies primarily in all of them gaining the confidence to believe that things can be better and acting accordingly , along with steering clear of being the de facto vassals of either big power bloc .

Resigning oneself in a fatalistic way to accept bad things as they are , has long been the curse of the entire region after all IMHO .

Old 11-04-2022, 03:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeo3 View Post
Estonia is doing fine. The other Baltic republics have a lot of problems.
A post over 10 years old, however, such an attitude is disturbing. Estonia's "doing fine" is mostly only praising itself and belittling its neighbors. I suspect that you yourself are from Estonia, because who else could post such posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe