Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:05 AM

465 posts, read 463,938 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkkQZMsT3I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 04:20 PM

60 posts, read 118,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
These are the common side effects with mild or moderate doses.

With high doses you get into more serious side effects. Like high blood pressure, enlarged heart, etc. But these usually only happen to abusers who use high doses of particularly strong combinations of steroids for years and years without taking a break.

The average steroid user who uses fairly low doses will probably never encounter any side effects. Besides bloating, acne and maybe a little anxiety and insomnia.

The general publc has been brainwashed by tyrants and politicians into being mindlessly anti-drug.
I'm not advocating the use of steroids but, adding to what Nomad has said, a lot of the health issues from steroids are from people just taking anything they can get their hands on without doing the necessary research before diving in.

Lots of them take more than they should for longer than they should (thinking that more is better) and also not having necessary support supplements to minimize/negate any potential side effects.

A lot of those top athletes who got busted a few years ago most likely don't have any real side effects from their steroids because they had a doctor monitoring them and their hormones instead of some teenager running to GNC, getting some stuff and just taking it reading further into what they're ingesting.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:56 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
This is another personal freedom that we are not allowed to have.

Why should anyone have to ask for permission of a Doctor, for a drug that they may know they need?
I could probably do with some steroid treatment at the moment, but I just can’t be bothered with going to the Doctor, I am also not going to go searching for a drug dealer.
This goes for many drugs, you can spend your life trying to persuade the Doctor to treat you.
On that point, I must get more Painkillers!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,974 times
Well In the US every person pays for his/her own medical treatment so i don't see why you shouldn't take them if you don't care about the health effects. Your health, your choice.

It's different where I live because everyone pays for eachothers healthcare, I have no interest in paying for 20 years full of dialysis through taxes because reckless idiots wants beachbodys fast.

And like everyone else have asked you: Why do you want/fell like you need the juice?

nature has had about a hundredthousand years to tune the ammount of natural hormones in our bodys, there might be a reason we don't have more of them

Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,533 times
I took roids in my mid twenties and I certainly survived it. They did have an affect on my attitude which helped lead me to do a couple of stupid things (including hitting a window and breaking my pinky) but other than that it was all pretty positive. I was connected with a university at the time and it was easy to obtain them - I just ordered the raw chemicals rather than having to go with "animal steroids" so I had like 10 grams of Dihydrotestosterone and a 5 gram bottle of deca of which I had to "cook" a tiny bit in a spoonfull of olive oil in order to prepare an injection. Of course I can talk about all this now because at the time none of this was illegal - it was long before the government decided yet again to tell us what we can and cannot put into our bodies.

I can tell you this: roids are useless if you're not willing to work harder than you have ever worked. I was eating about 10,000 calories a day and still not putting on a pound; it was really hard to put on permanent weight, because soon as you stop the steroids the water leaves your body and you MAY keep like 20 percent of that gain in actual "muscle." If you don't REALLY strain your muscles the gains won't be permanent. Of course, roids can also enhance your drive enough to help you really push.

It also had an effect on my GF. Many will tell you there are all these "brain/blood" blockers and so forth that prevent oral consumption of steroids (or, erm, "bodily fluids" of someone else on steroids) but I know for a fact the effects of my steroid use were showing up on my GF at the time. They were subtle, but I could see her genitals getting slightly larger and an increase in muscle definition. We were together long enough I can be sure this started only AFTER my steroid use began.

So don't believe all the nonsense, but don't think it's all just bunk, either. Steroids can have good effect, but they also can have unforseen side effects not just on you, but those around you.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:35 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
Most people already take hormones and steroids......If not you must eat a very clean diet. For example a high % of meat at your supermarket, fast food store, has added hormones or steroids. Only way to avoid it is to eat only organic meat and organic other animal products.

Last edited by dave nz; 10-25-2010 at 05:51 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 01:00 AM

465 posts, read 463,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Most people already take hormones and steroids......If not you must eat a very clean diet. For example a high % of meat at your supermarket, fast food store, has added hormones or steroids. Only way to avoid it is to eat only organic meat and organic other animal products.
That's true.

But of course i'm talking about muscle-building steroids that you inject or take in pill form.

I don't understand the witchhunt against them. It's like reefer madness all over again, but with steroids instead of weed.

Last edited by NomadRefugee; 10-26-2010 at 01:20 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
I took roids in my mid twenties and I certainly survived it. They did have an affect on my attitude which helped lead me to do a couple of stupid things (including hitting a window and breaking my pinky) but other than that it was all pretty positive. I was connected with a university at the time and it was easy to obtain them - I just ordered the raw chemicals rather than having to go with "animal steroids" so I had like 10 grams of Dihydrotestosterone and a 5 gram bottle of deca of which I had to "cook" a tiny bit in a spoonfull of olive oil in order to prepare an injection. Of course I can talk about all this now because at the time none of this was illegal - it was long before the government decided yet again to tell us what we can and cannot put into our bodies.

I can tell you this: roids are useless if you're not willing to work harder than you have ever worked. I was eating about 10,000 calories a day and still not putting on a pound; it was really hard to put on permanent weight, because soon as you stop the steroids the water leaves your body and you MAY keep like 20 percent of that gain in actual "muscle." If you don't REALLY strain your muscles the gains won't be permanent. Of course, roids can also enhance your drive enough to help you really push.

It also had an effect on my GF. Many will tell you there are all these "brain/blood" blockers and so forth that prevent oral consumption of steroids (or, erm, "bodily fluids" of someone else on steroids) but I know for a fact the effects of my steroid use were showing up on my GF at the time. They were subtle, but I could see her genitals getting slightly larger and an increase in muscle definition. We were together long enough I can be sure this started only AFTER my steroid use began.

So don't believe all the nonsense, but don't think it's all just bunk, either. Steroids can have good effect, but they also can have unforseen side effects not just on you, but those around you.
You are full of crap. Nice try at being funny.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
Well In the US every person pays for his/her own medical treatment so i don't see why you shouldn't take them if you don't care about the health effects. Your health, your choice.

It's different where I live because everyone pays for eachothers healthcare, I have no interest in paying for 20 years full of dialysis through taxes because reckless idiots wants beachbodys fast.

And like everyone else have asked you: Why do you want/fell like you need the juice?

nature has had about a hundredthousand years to tune the ammount of natural hormones in our bodys, there might be a reason we don't have more of them

Why do you want/feel like you need the latest car, the latest iphone, the latest fashion, the need to smoke, the need to drink, the need to eat crap food, the need to be sedentary, the need to skydive, the need to ride a motorcycle, the need to take ibuprofen, the need to get a tummy tuck, or a boob job, or ................................and your "nature" argument is pretty weak as well. Responsible and conservative steroid use will not lead to kidney problems or dialysis. You have no clue what you are talking about. You're probably paying for other people who have far worse complications and health effects from drinking alcohol, eating trans fat, or driving wrecklessly. It's not your average steroid user that shows up in the hospital and the ERs.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,502,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post

I'm not sure how old you are, but if you were in college anytime in recent history you would have had a hard time getting your hands on Dihydrotestosterone, especially 10g of it. That has been a DEA controlled substance for a good long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness