Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 AM

6 posts, read 43,634 times

Advertisements

At the moment, I really enjoy yoga..it increases my flexibility and work out muscles I never knew existed! 1 hour of yoga seems like a breeze. Pilates is great too. I really feel good after doing pilates as I feel like i work out the whole body.I used to frequent gym three times a week but eventually it made me feel dreadful and it always seemed like eternity when I work out in the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 05:14 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Hands down is my Kathy Smith step workout. I have tried so many different things and my body responds the best to this type of conditioning. She also has upper and lower body weight work-outs that I also take advantage of.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 AM

471 posts, read 1,509,240 times
I love doing aerobics at home. Wake up around 5:30am and have that time all to myself. Feels so good to work out hard and then stretch afterwards.

I also do resistance training regularly (light weights -3lbs or 5lbs for me- situps, pushups, leg lifts, squats, stuff like that...)

And I love to walk (and have been trying to run lately) with my dog. He sniffs around a lot though so it is hard to run continuously, plus I stink as a runner in general. Still feel awful when I remember 8th grade and being like the last person to make it back after the mile run.

Hope101 - a great way to learn about weights is to get yourself a dvd you can do at home. Amazon has great reviews on their exercise dvds. I love Karen Voight's Burn and Firm -my favorite- mixture of cardio and weights.

What is HITT? Way impressed about running up bleachers. Goodness...

Old 12-23-2007, 11:57 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post

What is HITT?

It's HIIT → High Intensity Interval Training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My favorite is a Bootcamp style workout combining cardio, weights, tubing, & banding.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 PM

16 posts, read 34,267 times
walking and shopping

Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
My other favorite exercise is lifting a spoon from a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream to my mouth. I did this over and over again the other night. It felt great. Afterwards, I took a nap.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
In the wintertime, when it's too cold outside, I go to the mall and do a lot of walking. It gets my blood pumping, especially with all those after-xmas sales.

Afterwards, I go home and take a nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness