Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else get MAV-TV as part of their HD package with Dish or any other provider? They have this pretty horrible "fitness" show on called "Fitness Beauties" that is just awful.

The entire premise of the show is just they introduce you to a chick, she says what her favorite exercises are and her favorite healthy food, etc. then they play music and show them "working out".

This really could be a great show but they absolutely ruin it because of:

1. Stupid chicks. "Um, yeah, my favorite food is salad, because....I want to be healthy and salad is like good".

2. Skanky/non "fit" chicks. In looking at the women on the show, its totally obvious that NONE of them actually are "fit". They just look like skinny chicks who are NOT regulars at the gym. Poor to NO muscle tone and kinda Mid-western plain jane want to get into hollywood types.

3. They DO NOT WORK OUT - Camera follow them around as they "pretend" to workout on equipment. Not only do they have extremely poor form, its like they arent even using weight.

Man, I HATE this show. It would be a GREAT show if they actually got fit chicks who actually do workout regularly and know not only proper form on certain lifts, but also know what they are talking about in terms of fitness/diet.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 05:16 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Mav TV is sort of like the new Spike (a network for guys). I really doubt the show is designed to be about serious workout routines.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
This:

YouTube - ‪Fitness Beauties on MavTV‬‏

?

HAHAHAHHAHHA

Oh man....

Looks more like its for spanking the monkey than actually teaching anyone anything.

Is the whole show THAT bad with those cheesmo boob shots etc?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Okay there is one girl in that video that is sweating...but it's ONLY her chest all glistening. Her face is still perfectly made-up, not dewey or sweaty at all.

The first part of my body that starts sweating when I work out is my face. I guess if you are a hot chick though, the face doesn't sweat!

So flippin' retarded! Really. Who would watch that show?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
This:

YouTube - ‪Fitness Beauties on MavTV‬‏

?

HAHAHAHHAHHA

Oh man....

Looks more like its for spanking the monkey than actually teaching anyone anything.

Is the whole show THAT bad with those cheesmo boob shots etc?

LOL...so true! That show is definitely for men's viewing pleasure.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 AM

7,177 posts, read 9,225,978 times
Agree. We recently switched satellite providers and MAV TV was part of the "free" extras for the 1st few months. Seeing the title, of course I clicked it.

Boring..

Was never able to watch more than a minute or two at a time. After the 1st week I quit clicking on that channel.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 AM

10 posts, read 16,307 times
Thank you LaoTzuMindFu for this thread, I have fios and I pass this channel all the time but don't recieve it in my FiOS package. When I read what the program was I said DAMN!! I wanted to check that out! But I have to pay to subscribe to it, it really looks like it sucks, now I feel better not getting that channel, and wasting money on it.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Yeah, this show just seems to be a horrible exploitation of women type show and not really a "fitness" show. I hate it.

If they would actually give advice on nutrition and have a specific routine or go into detail even if just a little bit about muscles worked with certain machines/exercises it would be better. Oh, and they definitely need to get rid of the skanky type non-fit looking skinny women they have as well. Its a shame that a show with so much potential is just plain awful because they think they are being sexy when in fact people (like me) are saying "Ewwwww!!" instead of "Oooohhh".

Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Hilarious!! This might be a topic for another thread, but I have noticed fitness norms or expectations differ regionally. I go in between CA/FL often....in FL there are quite a few toned/muscular women in the gyms that look amazing. In CA (northern not southern so that might make a difference) I am more toned and muscular than most of the guys at the gym lol, and most women are just skinny/regular. In Indiana, where I used to work out, they were more often overweight. Its interesting, these girls might look really fit and amazing in an area where people are more often overweight.

Last edited by Davachka; 06-24-2011 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah, this show just seems to be a horrible exploitation of women type show and not really a "fitness" show. I hate it.

If they would actually give advice on nutrition and have a specific routine or go into detail even if just a little bit about muscles worked with certain machines/exercises it would be better. Oh, and they definitely need to get rid of the skanky type non-fit looking skinny women they have as well. Its a shame that a show with so much potential is just plain awful because they think they are being sexy when in fact people (like me) are saying "Ewwwww!!" instead of "Oooohhh".
Are you not in l.a.? Hustle that idea dude. Wouldn't it be crazy if you actually got the show off the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness