Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times

Advertisements

This thread gives the erroneous impression that women who lift weights will look like the women in the pictures. That's just not the case. Women should be encouraged to lift weights for their own health. They will not look like these female bodybuilders 99% of the time (unless they use steroids/testosterone derivatives). They will look slim, toned, smart....not the grotesque strawmen (strawwomen?) pictured here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Several men are interested in fit females, not ripped extremely muscular kind of female bodybuilders. I think I'm the only person on here who is attracted to female bodybuilders although I could be wrong.
WOOF!!! What bunch of messed up fugly women. Nothing feminie about them at all.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM

254 posts, read 202,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
She was pretty big. Not competition type, but more thick and curvy. Looking at her arms and back, you can tell that she was a lifter.
I know of one women in my gym that's pretty muscular. Also not competition kind of muscular but still more ripped than me. She worked out like a beast. I remember she said hi to me once. I am so shy I don't know what I would say to her.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
CrossFit women look awesome. That's the kind of look I want.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
CrossFit women look awesome. That's the kind of look I want.
Thats the kind of look EVERYONE wants. Male and female.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Most women who pump iron only get pleasingly muscular...........if they are not jackin juice.

But lots of women think they are going to get huge if they lift real weights...........so they push around 2-5 lb weights...........doing little or nothing.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,511 times
I admit, I have always been attracted to muscular women. I love a woman with muscle and who knows how to lift serious weight. That being said, I find women who get to that point of using steroids unattractive, along with the seriously-dehydrated look that female bodybuilders have come contest time. I have heard that Crossfit attracts women who are into weightlifting, so I am thinking about joining that, along with the fact that I hear it is a great workout.

That being said, there are a couple muscular women that come to my gym. Unfortunately, they always seem to be accompanied by a guy, and the one time I tried talking to one I was coldly rebuked.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
You have thrown pictures of women who are big time test. users. I mean thats the extreme. Take a look at my training partner, Kathy Unger you can google her, or go to your tube and watch her early younger day videos. She is natural and beautiful. Take a look at Paulline Nordin, Patty Zariello, Lisa Bickels, Nicole Wilkins. These girls are stunning and all lift seriously heavy weights. Its the drugs they choose. you can choose anabolics which wont turn you into a dude or androgens which will turn you into a dude or go natural. You have shown women who are using and heavy androgens! Nicole Ball is one of the women you have pictured. At one time she was stunning!!! However she has taken it too damn far and is looking more like a dude each year. They lose sight of themselves, love their sport so much which leads to obsessive passion. I give them credit but what happens when your old and the IFBB is gone??????

Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Yeow! These are women? Hard to tell by their faces.....I don't think I've ever seen harder-looking-chicks.. I wonder what their faces looked like, before, um, they 'worked out'......sure is sad that a woman would go to this extreme in order to feel successful at something......having a pec muscle bigger than a breast is so unnatural...not attractive at all.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I worry that some, or maybe all of those women bodybuilders pictured would put me in the hospital if it should ever come to some sort of sexual activity. And I am normally healthy and so would have to pay a lot in the way of deductibles and co-pays. And I haven't even mentioned the embarrassment of being wheeled out to an ambulance and explaining to paramedics what happened, although they could take one look at my partner and probably figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness