Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 PM

11 posts, read 27,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
You are not going commando because compression shorts ARE underwear.

If you wear them like underwear then are you making sure to cover the compression shorts with something else like a skirt or shorts? When I see people wear compression shorts or pants, they don't usually wear anything over them. If they are your underwear, then not wearing something over them would be indecent.

Also how do you know when someone is wearing underwear or not, assuming they don't have an underwear line showing?

I don't wear compression shorts, so I can't say for sure why someone would or would not wear underwear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,574,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
A full investigation is in order.
I agree. This is serious stuff we're talking about.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,504,698 times
I have a question, why is this an issue for you?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,558,100 times
Quote:
I nominate you to be in charge. Full report in a week.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:59 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,314,054 times
This is great exercise thread, so much so, that I actually responded twice. Compression panty wearers and exercising does have a connection somewhere.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainfox View Post
If you wear them like underwear then are you making sure to cover the compression shorts with something else like a skirt or shorts? When I see people wear compression shorts or pants, they don't usually wear anything over them. If they are your underwear, then not wearing something over them would be indecent.

Also how do you know when someone is wearing underwear or not, assuming they don't have an underwear line showing?

I don't wear compression shorts, so I can't say for sure why someone would or would not wear underwear.
It's the dreaded VPL (visible panty line)

Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 AM

204 posts, read 352,380 times
Quote:
I'll be the lead detective

Old 11-10-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
I'll be the lead detective
Hey! Get your paws off my panties!

Old 11-10-2013, 06:18 AM

604 posts, read 843,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainfox View Post

I wear them under long running type pants in the winter. I should have clarified that mostly I was talking about wearing skorts, which have built in compression shorts that you don't see for the most part. I wear skorts for tennis as do most women. Skorts are also popular for running now and I also see them in some yoga classes.

The topic came up back in the summer because we had a week or two where temps soared to low 100's and my team had several tennis matches. One of the women commented after a match that her underwear were so wet they were starting to sag underneath her compression shorts. So of course several people spoke up why was she wearing them under a skort anyway since they are not necessary.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,770,711 times
Because vaginas, especially when packed into tight synthetic fibers, get clammy and disgusting. Who wants swamp ass dripping down to their vagina with nowhere to land? Chafing wetness is not something people aim to get at the gym.

Is that graphic enough for you? If you were a woman, you'd know. I'm thinking you must be a man who's disappointed at seeing the panty lines at the gym and want to know why. But this is a DUH sort of question, c'mon. "Why do people wear socks inside of shoes?" Um, maybe because it's f%^&ing uncomfortable and your shoes will start to smell like rotting flesh if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness