Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:19 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
Cotton does not dry quickly, so if you wear them under compression shorts these wet cotton panties are not allowing any air flow. I've always heard that wearing cotton underwear for sports is not a good idea since it won't dry and this can cause yeast infections.
Then you heard wrong. My gyno has always recommended undies with COTTON panels. I used to get yeast infections fairly often...but since making sure that I only wear cotton under my exercise gear - never ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 01:39 PM

604 posts, read 839,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Then you heard wrong. My gyno has always recommended undies with COTTON panels. I used to get yeast infections fairly often...but since making sure that I only wear cotton under my exercise gear - never ever again.
I'll ask my dr next time I see her. All of my skorts and shorts have cotton panels, so that's why no underwear needed. I change out of my wet exercise clothes quickly as well.

I've talked to many female athletes who do the same as I do.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:40 PM

604 posts, read 839,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Aha! Now I see. I'm not allowed to read or comment on a thread unless I'm directly affected by the subject.

How is a person to learn if they only stick to the sphere with which they're familiar?

I did, indeed, Google "compression shorts" before commenting on "your" thread. And they are nothing more than "bike shorts" that have been around for a looong time but updated so that more people will spend money on them.

BTW: I do exercise. In my underwear.
Right, that's exactly what I meant.

I'm going to play tennis now so I thought I'd be sure to "brag" about that.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:28 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
I think many women would feel that not wearing panties under any form of clothing is unsanitary. I have never considered bike shorts to be underwear, although I know a lot of folks who should be covering them up! I also think that wearing them with panties might give you VPL but it would prevent the dreaded camel toe, and help to prevent a soggy looking crotch. Eeeewwww!

Old 11-10-2013, 03:14 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Why can't it just be personal choice without all the judgement?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Because vaginas, especially when packed into tight synthetic fibers, get clammy and disgusting. Who wants swamp ass dripping down to their vagina with nowhere to land? Chafing wetness is not something people aim to get at the gym.

Is that graphic enough for you? If you were a woman, you'd know. I'm thinking you must be a man who's disappointed at seeing the panty lines at the gym and want to know why. But this is a DUH sort of question, c'mon. "Why do people wear socks inside of shoes?" Um, maybe because it's f%^&ing uncomfortable and your shoes will start to smell like rotting flesh if you don't.
1) EXACTLY

2) Compression garments are freaking UNCOMFORTABLE enough, and ITCHY.

Ask any drag queen who generally wears 4-6 compression garments.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Because vaginas, especially when packed into tight synthetic fibers, get clammy and disgusting. Who wants swamp ass dripping down to their vagina with nowhere to land? Chafing wetness is not something people aim to get at the gym.

Is that graphic enough for you? If you were a woman, you'd know. I'm thinking you must be a man who's disappointed at seeing the panty lines at the gym and want to know why. But this is a DUH sort of question, c'mon. "Why do people wear socks inside of shoes?" Um, maybe because it's f%^&ing uncomfortable and your shoes will start to smell like rotting flesh if you don't.
This is what I wanted to say but was afraid to!

Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times
Quote:
I'll ask my dr next time I see her. All of my skorts and shorts have cotton panels, so that's why no underwear needed. I change out of my wet exercise clothes quickly as well.

I've talked to many female athletes who do the same as I do.
Gurl. I can't believe you're actually last-wording this 32 posts later. After posting your title as a QUESTION.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
That's great, but that's not the sole reason I wear the undies. I simply prefer to wear them. I am more comfortable with them on. Also, I sweat a lot during my cardio sessions, and undies underneath are just that much better for absorbing that sweat. Different strokes for different folks, hon.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Why can't it just be personal choice without all the judgement?
It is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness