Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 11:31 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
WINCO or Aldi and cook yourself.

Seriously, what is wrong with this country and fish? Fish has much higher protein content than meat plus all the fish oil minerals and vitamins. Yet, it is clearly feared to eat... at least, it is not injected with steroids and antibiotics, as meat does. Or, with pesticides... as you ain't gonna buy hand fed and massaged lamb from Holland, that's for sure.
Price is why. Fish is expensive, wild caught even more, farm raised tastes like garbage yet still pricey relative to other meat. The US already ranks among the top countries for consumption of seafood (which of course includes more than fish). SO it is not like no one is consuming, plus fishing is a huge hobby in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 11:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Any recommendations for mass gainers that are inexpensive and can last a month?
peanut butter

Old 12-17-2019, 11:56 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
WINCO or Aldi and cook yourself.

Seriously, what is wrong with this country and fish? Fish has much higher protein content than meat plus all the fish oil minerals and vitamins. Yet, it is clearly feared to eat... at least, it is not injected with steroids and antibiotics, as meat does. Or, with pesticides... as you ain't gonna buy hand fed and massaged lamb from Holland, that's for sure.
fish is a lot more expensive than chicken. i also dont really like fish (except shellfish).

Old 12-17-2019, 12:45 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Fish does not have a higher protein content than meat. It's actually lower. I've noticed that you post a lot of misinformation. Fish does have more good fat though.

https://www.todaysdietitian.com/pdf/...entofFoods.pdf

Old 12-17-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Price is why. Fish is expensive, wild caught even more, farm raised tastes like garbage yet still pricey relative to other meat. The US already ranks among the top countries for consumption of seafood (which of course includes more than fish). SO it is not like no one is consuming, plus fishing is a huge hobby in the US.
Farm raised fish IS garbage fr the most part. It's not nearly as healthy as wild caught fish. Sometimes it's not even the same color. Just look at the difference between farm raised salmon and wild caught salmon. Farm raised salmon looks almost orange without artificial coloring.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:09 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
peanut butter
My sentiments exactly. On toast, or toasted bagels. Eggs are cheap and high in protein as well, I like 'em hard boiled and (conservatively) flavored with thousand island dressing. Work out consistently via weight resistance training, concentrating on the large muscle groups. Obviously, if you have a family history of cholesterol-related disease, you have to be careful what you eat; if so, start researching. If you're young and thin and in good health, you're lucky that not having excess fat is a problem for you, most people would want to have that problem.

Trust me - if you are as I was, as you age, and your metabolic rate falls (probably about 30 years old), being "too thin" will no longer be a problem for you. Again, focus on building strength and muscle. They say, "You have to carry fat around with you. But muscle carries YOU around".

Old 12-17-2019, 09:42 PM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Commercial mass gainers are often full of sugars, fillers, maltodextrin, glucose and empty calories. The best is to buy 4KG of ultra fine oats, or blend them yourself, throw them into a metal ball mixer bottle with flaxseed powder, coconut oil, whole milk, camu camu, and what ever else you feel like adding. I don't even need to use an electric blender with mine, shaking the bottle with the metal ball mixer inside of it does fine.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:13 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Fish does not have a higher protein content than meat. It's actually lower. I've noticed that you post a lot of misinformation. Fish does have more good fat though.

https://www.todaysdietitian.com/pdf/...entofFoods.pdf
This is the same guy who tried to tell us that water was bad for us.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
This is the same guy who tried to tell us that water was bad for us.
Yeah, I remember that. I think he said that water makes you fat or something.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:53 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Yeah, I remember that. I think he said that water makes you fat or something.
Well, it can drown you, LOL. And did you hear what W.C. said about what fish do in it? Scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness