Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2023, 12:59 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
This is why you can't have a sane/rational discussion about such topics because the simpletons take things to the extreme just as this person has done. I think it's time we stop this thread because the guys-who-enjoy-male-nudity seem to be offended that we don't like seeing them nude. That is what wives/girlfriends (or husbands/boyfriends) are for. Oh wait, they're all probably single which is why they get their jollies parading around nude forcing others to view them because they can't find a woman (or man) who willingly will.
You would like my gym, there are a lot of Muslim members. The other day there was a woman in the Jacuzzi fully clothed in traditional garb, hijab and full length robe.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:54 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,129,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
What is "normal" for you isn't for someone else. Some people are unselfconscious, it doesn't mean they are "parading around" except in your imagination. It isn't "necessary" to be clothed anywhere in a locker room either, the whole room is hidden from the rest of the building. I guess everyone has to tiptoe around the people who are sensitive or easily offended.

I understand there are many different types of men: the painfully shy (who probably would never be caught dead in a locker room to begin with), the prudes, the Mormons, the missionaries, the introverts and extraverts, the Woodstock generation, the self-conscious and unselfconscious, the Alpha and Beta types, the show-offs, and on and on. There's always going to be some friction, but I think people shouldn't be critical or suspicious of others who just have a different comfort level with nudity than you do.

There's a big difference between "I have nothing to hide" and "I want to flaunt myself."

I have never been to a locker room that had stacks of towels all around the room, you had to bring your own, or exchange it through a window for a clean one, but towels are not a clothing item, they are for drying off.
“Normal” means “confirming to a type, standard or regular pattern” (says the dictionary).

In my gym, 90% of people in the locker room have a towel or clothing on except when they’re in the shower or when they’re changing in their stall. Thus that is “normal”. At least in my gym.

And my gym has stacks of towels all over the place.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:52 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
You would like my gym, there are a lot of Muslim members. The other day there was a woman in the Jacuzzi fully clothed in traditional garb, hijab and full length robe.
You would like the local nude beach where you can walk up to other men totally nude and it's considered normal behavior. Heck, you could even sit down together, talk for hours, rub suntan lotion on each other and maybe even play catch with a frisbee, totally nude!!!!!

Old 01-03-2023, 03:00 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
This is why you can't have a sane/rational discussion about such topics because the simpletons take things to the extreme just as this person has done. I think it's time we stop this thread because the guys-who-enjoy-male-nudity seem to be offended that we don't like seeing them nude. That is what wives/girlfriends (or husbands/boyfriends) are for. Oh wait, they're all probably single which is why they get their jollies parading around nude forcing others to view them because they can't find a woman (or man) who willingly will.
Most guys get the shower thing over quickly. Just this one gym I went to had a bunch of old guys in the sauna naked for hours. Pass. I'd rather go home and shower vs sit around with a bunch of old guys naked talking about nothing. Never mind the fungal/bacterial angle of a bunch of people sitting naked on a wood bench.

Not for me. If you belong to a gym that doesn't have clean available towels, it's time to find a new one.

Old 01-03-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
We aren’t precious, sensitive or fragile.

We are simply normal straight men.

We have a natural dislike of seeing other men nude. That’s how we’re wired.

We are the normal ones. You aren’t.
Ya, seeing another man with a partial erection isn't on my day's highlight reel.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:58 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times
Quote:
You would like the local nude beach where you can walk up to other men totally nude and it's considered normal behavior. Heck, you could even sit down together, talk for hours, rub suntan lotion on each other and maybe even play catch with a frisbee, totally nude!!!!!
Exactly, there are some places where nudity is normal and that includes locker rooms.
Nude beaches and locker rooms are both easily avoided by the easily offended.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Exactly, there are some places where nudity is normal and that includes locker rooms.
Nude beaches and locker rooms are both easily avoided by the easily offended.
Sitting naked in a locker room for 5 hours is normal?

Old 01-03-2023, 09:21 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
We aren’t precious, sensitive or fragile.

We are simply normal straight men.

We have a natural dislike of seeing other men nude. That’s how we’re wired.

We are the normal ones. You aren’t.
"Normal, straight men" are indifferent to it.

Old 01-04-2023, 03:06 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,129,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
"Normal, straight men" are indifferent to it.
Normal, straight men do not like looking at nude men.

Old 01-04-2023, 06:29 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspnative View Post
normal, straight men do not like looking at nude men.
100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness