Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 10:03 AM

1,555 posts, read 782,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
There is someone for everyone if you are a genuine person.
If he is trying to date women for looks that are out of his league then all he needs is a big wallet.
She would only be there for money so that’s not a relationship based on love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2023, 10:04 AM

10,355 posts, read 8,581,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Oh ok. High protein and low calories is a good combo. Increase muscle mass without protein?
Not likely. You need protein

Old 04-13-2023, 10:47 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,071,330 times
Quote:
What does age have to do with abs? I’ve seen 80 year old dudes with decent Abs.

Women actually do care a lot about looks but you don’t have to look like a model either.
Bud, I'm not sure what it is that you're still trying to do here? You got a ton of advice, and you're not bringing much to the discussion, other than spurious one liners?

Old 04-13-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Yes while in caloric deficit?

Old 04-13-2023, 11:01 AM

2,119 posts, read 1,463,408 times
Quote:
Yes while in caloric deficit?
No. Not while in a caloric deficit. No protein. Protein does not work in a deficit.

What you should do to keep it easy is 2 cups of sugar a day. One cup of sugar is 700 calories. Take that times 2 and you have your 1400 daily caloric intake. You can put it in some tea.

Old 04-13-2023, 11:03 AM

2,119 posts, read 1,463,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Bud, I'm not sure what it is that you're still trying to do here? You got a ton of advice, and you're not bringing much to the discussion, other than spurious one liners?
He wants to do a caloric deficit.

Old 04-13-2023, 05:34 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,271,801 times
I can't read through 12 pages of this.

The key is to burn a lot of calories to create a nice, sustainable deficit.

The only way to do that is either through a simple caloric deficit from food restriction / or in combination with easy cardio.

Easy (zone 1 / zone 2) cardio can be done for hours a day without crashing your hormones. Limit high intensity stuff to 1-2 days a week.

Eat HIGH protein meals on days you plan on being in a deficit.

Old 04-13-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Not really..... take it from someone who got married at 21 and is still married at 41 to the same person. Quite rare these days.

As long as you're not completely repulsive there are often times where a woman will stick around long enough to see what else the guy has to offer. My wife should be way out of my league. When we met 23 years ago she had very little interest and I was in pretty terrible shape. I won her over anyhow. By the way, my wife is 6', athletic, and was a college basketball player and I am 5'10" on a good day. That was the first thing that really bothered her when we started talking but was an easy enough obstacle to overcome. She still pokes fun at me sometimes (both my kids are taller than me as well) but she couldn't care less.

I'm a 180 difference (in a good way) in terms of my appearance today at 41 than I was at 19, and she often asks why I worry about it. She doesn't care.

Most people are not as shallow as you may think and if they are, they're not dating/marriage material anyhow.

A lot of my friends (and myself) work out for our health, not to make some impression that we think someone else wants to see.
I wouldn’t want a girl taller than me but that is just me. Back then, there were no apps for validation if you know what I mean. Much less competition back then. I work out for health but it also helps with girls.

Old 04-13-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
You're comparing to folks like Tom Brady.... "Well Tom has ..... so I should be able to have ......"

It doesn't work that way. The thread is literally titled "Trying to get a decent six pack". We've all told you... some people can, some can't. 15% BF does not guarantee you abs, but if you want 15% BF, then go for it. Just don't be surprised if you get there and it isn't what you expected. Things usually aren't.

If it's truly not about the girls, you've sure done a poor job at communicating that. In one sentence you say it's not about girls but in another you'll try to tell us what they really want.

Most of us have figured that out. Another hint: (It's NOT a six-pack)
If another human can do it then why not me? I am at 19-21% now. I am not concerned about guarantees. Goal is 15%.

Old 04-13-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You're comparing to folks like Tom Brady.... "Well Tom has ..... so I should be able to have ......"

It doesn't work that way. The thread is literally titled "Trying to get a decent six pack". We've all told you... some people can, some can't. 15% BF does not guarantee you abs, but if you want 15% BF, then go for it. Just don't be surprised if you get there and it isn't what you expected. Things usually aren't.

If it's truly not about the girls, you've sure done a poor job at communicating that. In one sentence you say it's not about girls but in another you'll try to tell us what they really want.

Most of us have figured that out. Another hint: (It's NOT a six-pack)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Yes but there are foods with high protein with lower calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness