Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 12:00 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,468,079 times

Advertisements

Go look up Athlean X on his site or look him up on you tube and just follow him. You can educate yourself on his material.

I don't think people here have the time to break out your workout plan and diet and do a full scale analysis if you don't know what the core is, why people weigh more and have a lower bf%, etc and keep throwing back questions. Most people charge for that kind of time and true and helpful break down. The posters here are not going to tailor a work out and eating plan for other posters other than general information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 12:22 PM

1,555 posts, read 784,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
I think you need more days at the gym and more compound exercises.
I do legs twice a week, start with front squat, 4 sets of 12 with increasing weights, then one set of 6 with higher rep. Then move to either back squats or deadlifts. Another 6 sets, stats with 12 reps and then go down. When all the 10-11 sets are done I move to single leg exercises or machines. Upper body is pull up, chin up, bench, etc. Rarely to curls unless I really have extra time to kill.
In between all those sets, I do abs. I am way over 50 now.
I am on a 3 day program recommended on BB site. I work 10 hour shifts on other days so no time/energy. Did you look at my training that I posted? I do hit legs twice a week. I also use Strong app to track my weights and reps.

Old 03-27-2023, 12:39 PM

7,688 posts, read 3,314,376 times
Check out the "Snake Diet" YouTube channel. The guy is a personal trainer. If you are offended by a lot of harsh language then you might not want to watch it.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Go look up Athlean X on his site or look him up on you tube and just follow him. You can educate yourself on his material.

I don't think people here have the time to break out your workout plan and diet and do a full scale analysis if you don't know what the core is, why people weigh more and have a lower bf%, etc and keep throwing back questions. Most people charge for that kind of time and true and helpful break down. The posters here are not going to tailor a work out and eating plan for other posters other than general information.
Yes, been on Athlean X for years by Jeff. I follow others too. Each person has different advice.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Check out the "Snake Diet" YouTube channel. The guy is a personal trainer. If you are offended by a lot of harsh language then you might not want to watch it.
Thanks. Yeah, I watch others too.

Old 03-27-2023, 04:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,693,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Workout abs every day.
Why would you work out abs everyday when you don't work out other muscles everyday? Abdominal muscles are no different than other muscles and need recovery time.

People have different opinions about abs. Some trainers say you don't have to train abs, that compound exercises like squats and deadlifts train abs. Other people like Jeff Cavaliere at ATHLEAN-X says:

Quote:
You can train abs 5-6 times per week or even daily, for no more than 10 minutes at a time.

Old 03-27-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Why would you work out abs everyday when you don't work out other muscles everyday? Abdominal muscles are no different than other muscles and need recovery time.

People have different opinions about abs. Some trainers say you don't have to train abs, that compound exercises like squats and deadlifts train abs. Other people like Jeff Cavaliere at ATHLEAN-X says:
Even then Abs needs rest too like other muscles.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:45 PM

310 posts, read 324,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
What is entire core? I posted my training.
Your core is your entire lower torso, front and back. Do planks - front and side. Russian twists with a weight, bear crawls, wood chop moves, etc...

Old 03-27-2023, 07:49 PM

10,359 posts, read 8,597,065 times
The goal is lose weight without sacrificing muscle mass. You need to alter your diet to lower calories but keep,up,high protein .
It can be done. I dropped 30lbs and retained all my muscle and strength. I was consuming almost a gram of protein per lb of body weight every day

Old 03-28-2023, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
Your core is your entire lower torso, front and back. Do planks - front and side. Russian twists with a weight, bear crawls, wood chop moves, etc...
I thought the key is to lower body fat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness