Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:54 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I have the same idea! Let's start a "Brown Bag Club!" Perhaps we can cut and paste large pictures of Brad Pitt or Richard Gere onto the fronts of the bags so our dates don't feel so repulsed?
LOL! Gosh that would be unfair my paper bag would be getting all the action from the ladies... But I'd even screw that up! I'd put like, Clark Kent on it or something lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 09:59 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
I got a three pack just by almost dying from pneumonia! I coughed so hard and for so long that I was continually tightening up my abdomen and lo and behold...it got ripped!
At least there was a silver lining

Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I got a three pack just by almost dying from pneumonia! I coughed so hard and for so long that I was continually tightening up my abdomen and lo and behold...it got ripped!
At least there was a silver lining
Coughing eh???? I much rather force myself to cough than to get pneumonia. It's a little safer.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
men remember one thing
No matter how nice the packaging if the inside doesn't match the outside
you you may be able to meet someone but keeping them is a different matter
take those chocolate bunnies at Easter
pretty on the outside but hollow on the inside

Old 02-24-2007, 07:18 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
That's a good analogy with the Easter Bunnies, but why isn't there any good gooey stuff inside those bunnies??

Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
Coughing eh???? I much rather force myself to cough than to get pneumonia. It's a little safer.
I agree. Pneumonia is a horrible, horrible experience. I came within 24 hours of hasta la pasta...but my abdomen got in shape!

Old 02-24-2007, 04:45 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
men remember one thing
No matter how nice the packaging if the inside doesn't match the outside
you you may be able to meet someone but keeping them is a different matter
take those chocolate bunnies at Easter
pretty on the outside but hollow on the inside

Excellent analogy! You bite off the ears and there is nothing inside the head- ha!

Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
The ab-lounger is a gimmick, all those things that promise the 'great results' with little or no exersion on your part will do nothing but take up space-unless you just pile clothes on it after a while...as far as getting a six pack, there is a genetic predisposition to even being able to have one. Some folks just physically cannot obtain one. But for ab definition, maintain a low body fat, and I guess crunches/situps. My son told me this, he works out quite often. oh-LL Cool J has a workout book out, might want to take a look at that-I personally would LOVE to!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Hello everyone! Does anyone out there currently have a six-pack (No, not beer! LOL!), and if so, could you answer a few questions for me? First of all, what type of diet do you adhere to? I'd assume perhaps one high in proteins and low in carbohydrates, but you never know. Also, what types of exercises do you do to maintain your abs, and how often do you do them? During the warmer months, I run 6-9 miles per day, and I try to do 200 daily crunches on my Ab Lounge, but I just bought it, so I haven't noticed much in the way of results as of yet. I have a very flat stomach right now, but I still don't have the muscular definition I desire. Essentially, I just want to tone my abs a bit more so that I can attract someone to me a bit easier. (I'm assuming a tight stomach probably turns on more people than just yours truly, right?)
Any and all advice on obtaining a six-pack and then maintaining it would be greatly-appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I have a six pack. Unfortuneatly it's been hidding for 30 years under some....ummmmmmmmm...baby fat! Seriously though, I've worked out all my adult life and think I'm in pretty good shape for a soon to be 58 y.o. I've never been able to truely harden my abs though. I've tried situps and crunches and they just don't work for me. Maybe some people are just blessed with better genetics and it comes easier.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,545 times
Quote:
Hello everyone! Does anyone out there currently have a six-pack (No, not beer! LOL!), and if so, could you answer a few questions for me? First of all, what type of diet do you adhere to? I'd assume perhaps one high in proteins and low in carbohydrates, but you never know. Also, what types of exercises do you do to maintain your abs, and how often do you do them? During the warmer months, I run 6-9 miles per day, and I try to do 200 daily crunches on my Ab Lounge, but I just bought it, so I haven't noticed much in the way of results as of yet. I have a very flat stomach right now, but I still don't have the muscular definition I desire. Essentially, I just want to tone my abs a bit more so that I can attract someone to me a bit easier. (I'm assuming a tight stomach probably turns on more people than just yours truly, right?)
Any and all advice on obtaining a six-pack and then maintaining it would be greatly-appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Keep going don't give up, watch you're diet too, 200 should be fine every day, you need to target the abs rather than running, although that can help, Theres more info on how to gain and maintain a six pack on my website:

Six Pack Abs & Gaining/Maintaining An Athletic Body on Squidoo (http://www.squidoo.com/get-a-6pack - broken link)

Last edited by beefandy; 08-24-2007 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: wrong url again! ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness