Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:26 PM

116 posts, read 409,188 times

Advertisements

I have been walking for about 6 months now and only recently started feeling exhausted throught the day.I have been walking 4 miles per day and bumped it up last week to just over 5 miles at a pace of roughly 4 miles per hour.I have recently signed up for 24 hour fitness to lift some weights into the mix.Since I have started going at night and lifting for 30 minutes then I do the bicycle for 30-40 min. but like I said since I;ve started doing this im feeling really tired so I went back to just walking.

Do you think that's to much excersize?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Need more information like age, medical background, fitness goals, diet, etc... If you suspect something very wrong talk to a doctor.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Im 36 and 250 lbs.I have recently lost 50lbs and plan to loose another 50lbs to get to 200lbs.I dont have any physical problems I just started feeling tired .I think it may have something to do with working out 2 times a day,thats when I started feeling tired but it didnt happen for about 4 days.It felt great to be able to work out twice a day but for some reason I am just to tired now.I am eating about 1800 calories a day maybe 2000 and my diet is fruit's, veggies,almonds,salmon,cod,chicken,some beef,some whole grain bread,only drink water I dont smoke or drink and dont eat anything after 6 oclock.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM

Diet doesn't look bad. I would take it easy if I were you and take your time. Large amounts of weight loss shouldn't be done quickly and could wear you out all on its own. I definitely wouldn't work out twice a day. I'm in great health and I don't do that. I alternate where I lift weights four times a week and do cardio maybe twice a week with one day completely off. This allows your muscles nice rest periods and doesn't over work you. I would also hope you talked to a doctor and/or nutritionist prior to exercising so that you have some type of guidelines set up for what you're doing. I strongly advise not working out twice a day though unless you're a professional doing competitions or something...especially with the weight loss. You appear to be on a calorie defecit diet which could leave you feeling light headed and stuff if you overwork yourself. That is just my guess though.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the input.You're probably right about to much excersize.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bascat348 View Post
Thanks for the input.You're probably right about to much excersize.
No problem. Just take it easy man and definitely avoid injuries. Injuries can set you back weeks and really hamper progress.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
it's probably due to your late workout especially if you don't eat afterwards or you go to sleep soon after the workout.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
You ought to get a checkup - seriously. You need more information about yourself - as odd as it may sound. So many of us have hidden problems specifically heart and other issues that do not appear until something else is introduced such as exercise, etc.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
its the weight lifting. What happens is your body and muscles are teared and you need rest to have them mend back together and this makes you very tired. The same thing happens to most people who are really actually weight lifting!! Now there are two types of weightlifters, the ones that dont challenge their muscles and the others who do. Obviously if your tired you are pushing the weights. Here is my advise, do the weights and challenge yourself with them. The tiredness is from all that muscle tear!! You will need a post workout carb this will help with being less tired. Eat after your workout with weights a nice clean carb!! This will help. ALso have light lifting days and heavier days. Eventually your body will stop being so tired. Trust me this is the reason !! However you will gain so much from the weights and you are doing a great job if you are now tired!! You are pushing!! Good JOB!!!! Soon it will get easier.

Another thing is to break you 30 minute routine up into bodyparts instead of upper and lower. One day legs, one day chest , one day shoulders one day back. This will help with being tired. I have had days were after I push with the weights I am so tired its pure exhaustion. This does go away. Your shedding and tearing now, its much better than any cardio!! The weights will help you so much more. The other thing that most people dont want to hear is do less cardio. If your pushing with the weights cut the cardio to only 3 times a week. Your results will be so much better but most people dont want to hear that!!! You will not be as tired too and you are still getting the bennies from the cardio. No need to do it 5 days or more a week.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times
I would try flipping your workouts. Hit your weights in the morning and walk at night. I can imagine that after already walking, then going to work, then hitting the gym for an hour, your body (and mind) is pretty exhausted. You are also on a reduced calorie diet and don't eat after 6, so afterwards, your body probably crashes. Except then you have to wake up the next day and walk 5 miles without fully refueling. You should probably eat a little before bed, maybe some nuts or some other healthy snack. It is probably a mental thing, but for me, it would be easier to do the hard workout (for me weights) first thing in the day, then walk at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness