Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Flip flops with tiny shorts, except at beach or pool. Have customers coming to business meetings like this.

Tank tops - why is it impossible to find women's sleeveless tees that are not tanks?

Bald sunburned heads - please use sunblock or a head covering so it doesn't happen in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Flip flops with tiny shorts, except at beach or pool. Have customers coming to business meetings like this.

Tank tops - why is it impossible to find women's sleeveless tees that are not tanks?

Bald sunburned heads - please use sunblock or a head covering so it doesn't happen in the first place.
It can be any color, and have all the sequins/beads/gems you want: It's still an undershirt.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I draw in my eyebrows...well, technically they're tattooed on and I lightly go over them with powder or pencil. There is a correct way of doing it (which make them look natural) and a bad way (using a sharpie) of doing it.

Just recently, I had one of our front desk gals at work give me a hard stare and then said 'are your eyebrows real?'. They aren't So, I guess I'm doing alright.
Perfectly drawn eyebrows are a work of art. Those Cholas really amaze me with those magnificent Sharpie arches. If I tried to use a Sharpie, it would probably look like an eyebrow seizure or that I'm permanently angry.

I was thinking of looking into tattooing mine, but right now I just use a taupe pencil on them and then go over it with the spooler on the other end. No one says anything so I guess I'm okay.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Take a look at Liz Taylors eyebrows here.
I read that her make up artist used 4 different colors and kept the pencils in a freezer to keep them stiletto sharp and perfect.

http://www.deanfan4ever.com/liz2.jpg

Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
-Ed Hardy stuff
That Ed Hardy stuff is blasphemy! Why such a talented Tattoo Artist sold his Soul to Christian Audigier is beyond me. I now see the "Ed Hardy" purses in the Dollar Bin section at Target. So sad.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Take a look at Liz Taylors eyebrows here.
I read that her make up artist used 4 different colors and kept the pencils in a freezer to keep them stiletto sharp and perfect.

http://www.deanfan4ever.com/liz2.jpg
Oh she was so beautiful in that photo and those brows are amazing! Four different colors, wow!

Thanks for the tip about keeping the pencils in the freezer! Mine are so limp and sweating right now, even with the A/C on ( don't have it past 72).

Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
Oh she was so beautiful in that photo and those brows are amazing! Four different colors, wow!

Thanks for the tip about keeping the pencils in the freezer! Mine are so limp and sweating right now, even with the A/C on ( don't have it past 72).
I have done that ever since I read about it.
I remember thinking why 4 colors, and then it occurred to me that on the movie screen her eyebrows would be huge in close ups!
She was gorgeous, wasnt she?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
1. old women wearing skimpy sundresses/miniskirts or other age inappropriate clothes
2. women who paint on their eyebrows
3. socks with sandals
4. flip flops with the toe divider
5. spandex
6. mullets
7. wearing pantyhose with shorts
8. overalls on any adult
9. jumpsuits on adults
10. comb overs
Shaved heads and tats!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 AM

157 posts, read 475,462 times
I agree with most of the pet peeves so far, but I still haven't seen my biggest make-up pet peeve: too much eyeliner! Some women wear dark eyeliner all the way around the eyelid, corner to corner--that is really ugly. It makes their eyes look tiny and shaped like little footballs. Unless you've got big, giant, dark, "gypsy" type eyes, you shouldn't ever wear that much eyeliner. I see the women who do that and I want to yell "negative space!! The space you don't use is as important as the space you do use." If I wear eyeliner it's only a few dabs on the bottom eyelids.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Actually, they buy those cars to cover up deficiencies, in other *ahem* areas!

Ugh, I think people drive cars to get from point A to point B. Not to impress women. Some do, just like some women spend 5000 dollars on a hand bag...Not really the same though. Hand bag-car. A bit of a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty