Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,120,658 times

Advertisements

It's better than a waistpack. I know a few guys who have resorted to wearing those.

Honestly, I don't really care if a guy carries a bag. If he needs one, then more power to him. As a female, I personally don't like carrying purses unless necessary. I generally get by with a simple combo wallet/phone case that slides easily into my pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:00 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I live next door to a cross dresser. He's got better accessories than I do. Next time I have some extra money, he has offered to go shopping with me to update my style. I don't mind seeing a guy with a purse or whatever makes them feel fancy. Might not want to DATE a guy with a purse though......

Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
I don't really see it being gay or feminine for a guy to be carrying a bag of some sort. Just skip the fanny pack guys. It looks bad on both sexes. I feel sorry that guys in US have to deal with having their level of masculinity questioned at all times. Like this friend at work was automatically labeled gay because he carried around this insulated lunchbox. Everyone said it was his purse because he put the strap around his wrist and walked the halls like that. Plus he dressed nice.

Guys do what you want! But just to be safe maybe you should carry a messenger bag or backpack.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I live next door to a cross dresser. He's got better accessories than I do. Next time I have some extra money, he has offered to go shopping with me to update my style. I don't mind seeing a guy with a purse or whatever makes them feel fancy. Might not want to DATE a guy with a purse though......
I saw a guy on our train system with a nice big bag. Said to myself, wow, where did he get that bag. Very cute.

Same thing, he had pretty accessories and nice bag.

Tell me how the makeover goes. One thing, easy on the makeup. I use to wear "MAC". Whenever, I would go into the store for something new, they apply too much. I looked like I'm about to go on stage.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
My adult son carries a bag out of necessity. He is a type 1 diabetic and needs to keep his insulin and some sugar handy in case either is needed. I'm sure he'd rather not have to carry crap around either but sometimes you don't have much choice.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:12 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
I don't know why it's such a "big deal" when a man chooses not to fill his pockets with endless stuff instead choosing to use a "possibles bag".

I use this bag as "possibles bag" since I can stand stuff rubbing on my legs due to poor circulation. I add a huge American flag to the flap to make it more mine.

Courierware Messenger Bags - Walking Bags (http://www.courierbags.com/objects/9.itml/icOid/9 - broken link)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Possibles-Pouch&id=1430309 (broken link)

Make no mistake....only a fool or an idiot would ever ask me if I carry a "purse".

Last edited by Grandpa Pipes; 10-19-2010 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
It's a Murse.

A Man-Purse.

And they look silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF97-XVLc-w

Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I don't know why it's such a "big deal" when a man chooses not to fill his pockets with endless stuff instead choosing to use a "possibles bag".

I use this bag as "possibles bag" since I can stand stuff rubbing on my legs due to poor circulation. I add a huge American flag to the flap to make it more mine.

Courierware Messenger Bags - Walking Bags (http://www.courierbags.com/objects/9.itml/icOid/9 - broken link)

Possibles Pouch (http://ezinearticles.com/?Possibles-Pouch&id=1430309 - broken link)

Make no mistake....only a fool or an idiot would ever ask me if I carry a "purse".
A man who has a good sense of his own self worth, would not be the least concerned about about carrying a man bag.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
I saw a very hot guy carrying a very nice leather pouch today, so I approached him, and asked him if anyone ever comments on his "man bag". He said "no", and he loves it. His wife doesn't care and it doesn't bother his kids. I think it looks much neater than having stuff hanging out everywhere, or a pencil stuck behind your ear!!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
I live in NYC and see all these young trendy guys walking around with female pocket-books.
Not messenger bags---WOMEN POCKETBOOKS.
Whats that about?
Well they are gay...dont most gay guys do what girls do??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty