Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
A couple of men even said that they were aroused by this thread so I really don't buy the argument that this forum would have any interest for heterosexual males.
There is nothing arousing about this thread and those poor guys most likely are just desperadoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Only a woman knows how good it feels when the makeup is perfect, the hair is fly, the dress hugs the curves perfectly, the bra is just right and the heels don't hurt.

Ok, the couple and the sans undies-I can understand.
Regardless of their sexual orientation it is still males who have mainly decided the shape of women's fashions but fair enough...I was merely pointing out the irony of the statement that men could not be interested.

There is more to fashion though than merely knowing your makeup is perfect, the feeling of fabric as it hugs your curves perfectly, and the struggle to find the perfect bra or well-fitting heels.

There is also being able to understand that a good garment should have form and function, regardless if it is for a male or a female.

I am aware and sympathize with the struggles my wife has in selecting (and keeping) a good pair of shoes (because after a few hours the fact they won't be a perfect match is disappointing).

My fingertips and skin are no stranger to knowing there is a difference in how textiles feel.

And I can also tell when a woman's makeup does not compliment her looks and becomes too much (if I can even tell if she has any on outside of some celebratory function or in the pursuit of some alternative form of style).

In either case it is highly sexist to assume fashion interests are only for females and it is even more offensive (it is not really offensive to me since I am being a bit rhetorical) to then begin assuming those males who are must be homosexuals, not that there is anything wrong with that, but there is plenty of wrong when we begin to speculate and comment on someone else's sexuality.

To reiterate, while it is perfectly obvious that the average man is not interested in fashion (most also do not read books) it does not mean that every man who is not average is automatically a homosexual.

So while quite a few men might come out of the woodwork when there are topics that might be fodder for their sexual fantasies, these same men are probably quite average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
So how many men do you know that walk around with no underwear on?
Perhaps a better question would be how many men would request this of their woman, and then how many women would request this from their man?

protip: it works better with a skirt

Science has proven that men and women are attracted to different stimuli. While men are more graphic, women are more imaginative.

In either case I do not want to defend this topic, it perhaps is better discussed in more private quarters, but I do want to add that it is perhaps a bit unfair for women to simply dismiss anything a man would find appealing as disgusting, on the same token it is also unfair when a man labels a woman's desires as sappy.

There has to be a happy medium where men and women please each other, are able to give each other what works, and still having fun.

In either case I understand that this thread is not going to substitute for that happy medium and that you are going to have many pervs running through it even if acting pervy is something better reserved for private situations if such actions are actually desired by both parties.

Last edited by Merovee; 09-17-2010 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 11:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Im a a pervy male who has found this thread very informative... a little gross at times but generally informative and swell.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Well, this explains a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
This keeps getting richer and richer.

If you're in NYC why does your profile say you're in Ocala?

Also, what man would post the following response to another man?

"Sweetheart, we all know that women are from Venus, men are from Mars, etc, etc, etc......we really dont need a man to point this out to us, we are intelligent enough to figure this out all on our own."

Who is this "us" you're referring to?
If the 2 of you could read, you would have seen it was a quoted remark.
Oh, and I suppose looking at my profile to verify before pouncing is out of the question.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
I think Kshe just fudged up quoting NJBest.

Well this has been a very interesting and funny thread!
Thank you, you have a brain!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:55 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
I have gone without underwear before BUT that was only because the dress/skirt I was wearing looked much better with a sleek line and even the skimpiest "no show" g-string still showed. Granted, these were not super short dresses or mini skirts. Not wearing underwear with anything that's more than a few inches above the knee is asking for trouble.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I have gone without underwear before BUT that was only because the dress/skirt I was wearing looked much better with a sleek line and even the skimpiest "no show" g-string still showed. Granted, these were not super short dresses or mini skirts. Not wearing underwear with anything that's more than a few inches above the knee is asking for trouble.
G-strings always show I think. The string is too fat. This is what calls for the pantyhose leg cut off. Those never show.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 PM

221 posts, read 799,152 times
To the original question, I would never walk out of my house with no underwear on in a dress or skirt. I could care less if heaven forbid a panty line shows. I'm not into giving free shows when getting in and out of a car because there's tons of men out there just waiting to get a glimps of something. I mean does it really take that much to put on a damn pair of underwear..

Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
To the original question, I would never walk out of my house with no underwear on in a dress or skirt. I could care less if heaven forbid a panty line shows. I'm not into giving free shows when getting in and out of a car because there's tons of men out there just waiting to get a glimps of something. I mean does it really take that much to put on a damn pair of underwear..
Yes. That sort of thing can easily become a rumor and people would start wondering why a girl wants to make access easier. Maybe that's not the intention, but that's what a lot of folks will think. I think it is not a smart thing to do, at all.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:55 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Women should know that when a man goes to relieve himself he has to "shake the dew off the lily". (Gosh...that shows my age)

Old 09-18-2010, 06:35 PM

85 posts, read 105,041 times
If you believe that HIV, chalmydia, etc., can actually get through a dress, live on furniture, and be transmitted by sitting down or touching with hands in a common social or professional setting - and that this is a common or even realistic method of disease transmission - you need a public health class, and fast.

What I'm REALLY hearing in this thread is a misogynistic criticism of women (by other women) who flaunt social convention, masked by a concern for "the public welfare." Which is not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty