Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM

410 posts, read 833,494 times

Advertisements

I agree with OP, at least for me, that's when I started to notice changes from aging. There really is only so much you can do.

Would love to hear some anti-aging makeup and hair tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM

410 posts, read 833,494 times
I agree that proper diet is essential to beauty. When I eat crap, I look like crap. Oh - stay hydrated, too....

Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampbird View Post
I agree that proper diet is essential to beauty. When I eat crap, I look like crap. Oh - stay hydrated, too....
Yes, drinking lots of clean water is also part of keeping your skin healthy.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:45 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Dont know wether to laugh or roll my eyes..
Im in my early 40's and dont look over 30..
I have no wrinkles, no crowsfeet,
My friend is 49 and her face is smooth too..she dont have wrinkles
Are you trying to sell us something?
It's coming. You can count on that.
It will start with little things.
Things that always worked will start to fail.
A blank or impatient look that shouldn't be there.
The waiter or bartender that doesn't seem to notice.
Like a dollar stock.
A threatened leveraged account.
A 580 credit score.
On the bright side,
it powers a trillion dollar cosmetics industry.
Times a wastin'.
Better make your moves now.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
You won't after you turn 35....
I'm not going to tell you exactly how old I am. But I remember the day John Kennedy died very clearly. How's that?

And I have fabulous skin with very few wrinkles. Crows feet only when I smile and those aren't deep. Not only do I get asked what I use on my skin but when I do tell people how old I am they don't believe it. My secret?

Oil of Olay. Since I was 16. That's it. (Have never used Retinol A and I've never had any work done.) I keep my skin clean, I stay out of the sun and I put on Oil of Olay every time I wash my face. Which averages about four times a day. And great genes. I come from a long line of women with beautiful skin.

Got a DH of over 30 years. And had two men flirting with me just this past week. One was about 10 years older and one was about 10 years younger. (Felt fabulous!) So I'm doing something right.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I was never all that good looking. I managed to accomplish all kinds of fun things in my life, without having to be physically attractive. Including, fall in love with and marry a very wonderful man, who will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with me this year. I don't remember JFK's death; I was only 2 at the time. I'm catching up to DewDrop though. And at the ripe old age of 49 (50 in May, woo!) I don't have one single wrinkle on my face. I have a crooked nose. My once-voluptuous and decidedly feminine bosom has discovered gravity and seems to be acquiring a slow, grueling attraction to it. I have a dimpled butt, and muffintops.

And you know what, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful. And I feel beautiful. And when I EARN my wrinkles, I'll feel beautiful about those too. My grandmother was the most beautiful woman I ever met, and she was wrinkled from before my own memory can recall her face.

It must be very sad, to spend one's life so vacant and one-dimensional that one's happiness has to be measured by something so shallow as one's physical appearance.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Any other explanation as to why a woman would look better at 35 than she did at 25?
An anorexic, bullimic, or otherwise "thin-obsessed" or hormonally challenged, or meth-addicted person finally getting wise to the reality of health and GAINING some weight?

Someone who was horribly scarred by some tragedy of life, and was fortunate enough to get some skin grafting and heal?

Someone with deformities that were surgically removed or repaired?

Someone who was fine looking before, fine looking now, but FEELS better about themselves now, has more self-confidence now, and radiates that inner beauty, that she may have lacked 10 years prior.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
I did Perricone throughout my 30s....high protein salmon diet, anti inflammatory & made a huuuuuge difference till I was 35. Used Olay, didn't care. That I could have pretty skin again..:... never occurred to me. Wow what a wake up call when I turned 38 & started hearing nasty comments. I have a ton of sun damage from my upbringing in Texas...... wow, within a few months of using Tua Viso & copper peptides I had people accusing me of having a facelift! I've added RA & peels & will nevvvvvver look back. It's like embarking on a whole new journey... I *love* skincare & will do it the rest of my life.

Skin care & gadgets is the new culture..... I'd hate to be left out & not know what was going on. The celebs get Botox, sure. But a lot of them use Retin-a, peels etc. Kate Moss, the English supermodel, uses the Tua Viso. Google Tina Richards, the UK Tua Viso rep; she has a Facebook page....

Skincare is *in fashion*, in case you didn't know.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
To be quite frank , I have 3 known women well into their late forties, and early fifties, that are grand mothers ,often mistaken for girls in their earliy twenty's, if not younger, always being hit on by twenty year old boys .
On the other side of the coin well we know what that is, nuf said .
Often women don't look at their mothers, and realize they are going to be a copy of the original ,unless they take proper care of them selves .
Dad taught me that principle when I was a kid, and I'd say 85% of the time it is true .
It takes honest intervention to face the posibilities and give your children the example of personal value and care.
Looks are not the only beauty a man is concerned with though it is important , and a womas age shows in the sour attitude and forced smile like a watress that really doesn't want to be there.
Some watresses I tip extra, simply because they have a smile that remains, even when they are not looking at me. They dont have to be pretty jsut a genuinely happy nature and not a painted on smile. That is the secrit of youth .
I liked older women a lot untill I got older . only a rare few young women are even interesting but the older, with me any way have their hidden agenda, and will say anything that sounds like you are a match.
I don't want to match , OK !
Just be honest .
If one can't be honest because the motives are wrong ,an attitude adjustment needs to take place .
I have a good lady friend that is lesbean. I like her very much because she speaks her mind not looking for my approval , although she does ask for advise on many levels . She knows she is not obligated to take my advise nor am I offended if she does not.
I encourage her to do her research, and make informed observation, and we compare notes.
Age is not even discussed because the friendship has nothing to do with gender .
And no there is no horsing around, she has her own preferences any way, she is younger and good looking but we don't think that way. and am not looking to have sex with any one .

Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Any other explanation as to why a woman would look better at 35 than she did at 25?
I look a hell of a lot better at 36 than I did at 25.

I was in the midst of having kids at that age and my husband was working full-time and going for his masters degree full-time. I was tired, no..I was exhausted. My first two kids were a year apart and I was watching 3 other children in my home. We had no family close by... it was ALL ME. I had no "me" time at 25. Back then it was all about the kids.

There was no regular exercise, there were days I'd forget to eat lunch or be so tired at dinner that I'd just rather go to bed, I got a shower everyday and put on lipgloss; that was about all I had time for. My hair was always in a pony tail and I got my haircut at Fantastic Sam's. Manicure/pedicure? What was that?

Fast forward to today, kids are all in school so I have time for exercise, I eat a LOT better, I get my hair done by a level 5 stylist, I have regular mani/pedi's, I have time to do my hair and make-up, I'm not exhausted and life is just all-around easier and less stressful.

I cringe when I see pictures of me back then. I didn't look like a slob by any means, I do have standards and I always looked neat and presentable but I looked like I was dragging my a*s...because I was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty