Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM

206 posts, read 768,366 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am 4'11/5'0 and weigh about 88-94 lbs. i have stretchmarks on the sides of my tummy and on my knees and inner thighs. i don't get it- the only time i had a dramatic weight gain was when i was going through puberty and all of a sudden i developed thighs and hips. i dont see how my knees got stretch marks. what can i do to remove them? they make my knees look old and wrinkly and i am only 24!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
It can happen when there is a rapid weight gain. My husband has them on his butt because when he was about 18 he needed to gain some weight to play football.

You can't remove them. It's like a scar. The skin around your knees probably stretched along with the skin on your thighs. You just didn't notice it at the time.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
You will probably always have them, unfortunately, although they will fade. They are scars, so they will eventually fade to whatever color your other scars are. You can get stretch marks from growing too quickly in any direction (growth spurt, rapid weight gain). Some people's skin is just more elastic than others'. There might be products that help the marks fade or be less noticeable, but the skin's surface will always have a different texture.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
they make my knees look old and wrinkly and i am only 24!
"Old and wrinkly" isn't stretch marks.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
"Old and wrinkly" isn't stretch marks.
Yeah.

OP, try some good lotion. Maybe your skin is dry and is losing elasticity. Keep it well moisturized. If that isn't it, what kind of stretch mark are you talking about? The thick, flesh colored kind or the white lines (zebra stripes) kind? I have both (I'm 21). Some of the flesh colored kind faded a bit when I used a good, thick lotion on them (shea butter and vitamin e cream). It won't go away 100% though. The white ones never go away.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 PM

206 posts, read 768,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Yeah.

OP, try some good lotion. Maybe your skin is dry and is losing elasticity. Keep it well moisturized. If that isn't it, what kind of stretch mark are you talking about? The thick, flesh colored kind or the white lines (zebra stripes) kind? I have both (I'm 21). Some of the flesh colored kind faded a bit when I used a good, thick lotion on them (shea butter and vitamin e cream). It won't go away 100% though. The white ones never go away.
my skin looks really wrinkly over my knees. its abit strange.

i have white marks around my knees and inner thighs and faint ones around my boobs.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
As noted, growth spurts can cause them, too, not just weight gain (and loss). Anytime the skin is stretched rapidly, this can occur, and they're more visible on some people's skin than others, due to skin tone and other factors.

You can't get rid of them (don't buy into the product hype, it's a scam), but they do fade over time and become far less noticeable. Moisturized skin always looks better, too, even if it doesn't affect stretch marks.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
my skin looks really wrinkly over my knees. its abit strange.

i have white marks around my knees and inner thighs and faint ones around my boobs.
Yeah, those are common areas. I have them in the same spots too, and other ladies I know do as well. Maybe people grow faster in these spots, like tabularasa mentioned?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Are you in shape? My thighs had a odd texture like that until I got rid of extra fat that was causing it and put some muscle. Now you can't even see anything. They were tiny ones on that inner thigh fat pocket.
Get mederma scar fading cream. Its good to help them heal and possibly shrink them. I guess they have one specifically for stretch marks but I never used that one.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times
Stretch marks are scars. Use either a lotion/cream with vitamin e in it, or straight up vitamin e oil, and start massaging the areas to help break up the scar tissue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty