Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times

Advertisements

I'd rather see those hoodies on a lady than that crap from Ick-toria's Secret any day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
I stopped wearing hoodies when I was in my early 20s. If it is cold enough for a hood, I will wear a hat.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:46 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Up until last year I wore hoodies almost everyday during the cooler seasons, but somehow the zippers broke off so I don't even bother anymore. I just wear plain old sweatshirts I bought at K-Mart for like $8. I'm slowly evolving.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:23 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
but somehow the zippers broke off so I don't even bother anymore.
One of the zippers on one of my fave hoodies came off in the dryer...I'm wondering if I can get crafty & replace it somehow...

I love hoodies mostly for the front pockets though. I find the v-neck style on zip ups are flattering to my figure, whereas regular sweatshirts and way too square and boxy.

In winter, hoodies are great for layering over shirts and under jackets, too. They keep your neck warm and with long sleeves you can cover your hands. lol

Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,340 times
Oh man - I love hoodies. They are so great in the fall and winter too. I have about 10 of them. Some of them I found in the Salvation Army, barely worn and only $8! One of them was a black Nike one, one was a light blue Adidas one. I bought two from my college that were $30, I got a couple Beatles ones for Christmas. My favorite one is an older Penn State hoodie that a friend of mine left at my house, he said I could keep it It is worn, and a little big, but it's perfect for loafing around the house, doing yardwork, walking the dog, just being lazy, etc!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
^^If I'm not mistaken, they're referenced as "hoodies" because they have a hood. Not because if one wears one it makes one a "hood"...........
Of course. It's just an ironic coincidence that they make you look just like that.

Quote:
Hate is a very strong word for an item of clothing.
Oh, I hate many articles of clothing - baseball caps among them, particularly worn backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I stopped wearing hoodies when I was in my early 20s.
That's about the age limit when they're still somewhat bearable.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 PM

541 posts, read 861,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
How many of you wear hoodies?
Me!
Quote:
How many do you own?
Probably about 50, if you count coats that have hoodies.
Quote:
What do you generally spend on hoodies?
Depends. I prefer to buy my clothes on sale but size small seems to go fast so if I don't wait, usually between $15.00 to $75.00.
Quote:
I have about 3 hoodies and 2 of them I bought for 40-50,
while the one I just bought yesterday was 80. (thinking about returning -
can't believe i spent that much on clothing)
Keep them! Obviously you had a reason for buying them at the time and most hoodies go with everything, unless they're the sweatsuit type, which makes them totally casual.

I love hoodies!!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I am wearing a hoodie right now.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:06 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
I have 2(three if you count my leathered hooded Levi's jacket). I have one on and this is the only one I really wear and it's a size medium and thin. The other one is a 2XL, which is too big for me now that I have lost some weight, and I have pretty much phased out of the baggy/over-sized clothes fashion.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:23 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
Quote:
How many of you wear hoodies?
I do! We live in the PNW. Hoodies are very popular here. "Dressing up" means putting on clean fleece or your newest hoodie, and clean jeans.

Quote:
How many do you own?
I have never counted them, but I have a ton of them. Mostly from various schools that I or my family has been or currently are affiliated with. Also sports teams and clubs and whatnot. I prolly have about 30 hoodies total, maybe more. My favorite is one that we bought as part of a fundraiser for our youngest sons old school. It's super soft and cozy and is the perfect shade of grey and didn't go funky in the wash like some hoodies do if you toss them in the dryer. It also says "COURAGE" on it which is cool.

Quote:
What do you generally spend on hoodies?
The most I've ever spent is prolly around $60. On average I'd say they usually cost between $20 - $30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty