Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM

615 posts, read 1,678,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I have always had a preference for this particular type of woman.

Petite frame
Athletic
Short
blonde and red heads
younger than me.

Now, is this being shallow or just particular.
I found that i rejected a lot of women who did not meet these standards in the past.
We all have our preferences and attractions. That IMO is "normal". However, if you're exclusively ruling out women because of these characteristics I'd say you're being too picky. You have to look "outside the box" with many experiences in life. Nothing IMO is set in stone (in terms of this subject matter).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,153,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You're hard wired to like what you like. I think you'd be shallow if you dated women who fit that type but couldn't hold a relationship if something happened to it.

Like -- you meet a woman who has all your attributes, and then she gets hit by a bus and can't be athletic. She puts on 25 pounds while she's healing.... and even though she's healing and will get back to her old athletic self ... and you dump her.

THAT'S shallow.
I completely agree with this. Your standards are part of what make you who you are. There's nothing wrong with that. If someone wants to call you 'shallow' because of it, then they're jerks.

I've been told lots of times by guys that I wasn't their type and that they wouldn't want a relationship with me. As long as they were being honest and not demeaning in any way, I understood them and didn't get upset. Not everyone is going to find the same people attractive.

If someone is interested in you and you're not interested in them back, and one of the reasons is because of their physical appearance, it's easy for them to say something like, "you just care about looks" or "you need to look beyond looks". What they don't understand is that looks ARE a big part of it, albeit not the only part. You can't expect yourself to be sexually attracted to someone if you feel forced to look past their physical attributes just so you won't come off as a jerk.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,741,677 times
Quote:
I have always had a preference for this particular type of woman.

Petite frame
Athletic
Short
blonde and red heads
younger than me.

Now, is this being shallow or just particular.
I found that i rejected a lot of women who did not meet these standards in the past.
You are being both shallow and particular. Shallow because you are attracted to exclusive features also you never mentioned a thing about personality.

When people say that I am not your "type" I get offended immediately and they were probably shallow jerks to begin with anyway.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 5 hours ago)

2,047 posts, read 3,365,209 times
Quote:
I was always called shallow, guess i usually focused too much on looks instead of personanility
Because usually in a LONG-TERM relationship, the personality is what will keep it going for years and years.

Yes, you will have to continue to be attracted to them - but you are going to have to spend a lot of time together doing other things than having sex or looking at each other. Think about it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty