Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Jenna Talackova be allow to be in beauty pagents?
She should not be allowed to participate 30 44.12%
She should be allowed to participate 27 39.71%
Indifferent 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,797,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The contest is about being the perfect woman..the term woman means man with a womb...this man is missing a womb...so hence is not the perfect woman. SCIENCE and medicine through drugs and surgery did a pretty impressive job...if they really wanted to create or re-create a female...they need to do a womb transplant...but that is not going to happen...This person in a sense is anti-reproduction....nice to look at but not the real deal...The primary reason woman are created in their perfect female state is to reproduce more people...To let this artifical woman into the realm of real woman...lessens what woman truly are...I say no...and not out of spite but out of logic...no womb...no woman.
So, would you also bar infertile women, or women who've had a hysterectomy? The latter no longer have wombs, yet for the most part still see and identify themselves as women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:13 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't see anything on her to suggest she was ever a man before.
She looks better than some real women.
That's the only problem I have with trannies,they tend to look better than real women,so much a man can't tell the difference. So then you have real women who appear to look like trannies when they don't.

I say she should be allowed to join the pageant.
That's not KK natural look,yet millions of men want to be with her.

On a side note,I would bet if she walked by any man on this forum(and she didn't tell them she was a man),they would try to sleep with her,because she is in shape. Meanwhile they would ignore the real woman who walked by who happens to be fat.
BUT, how would the guy that slept with her feel when he realized that she was born a man? How comfortable would you really be undressing in front of her or maybe in an open shower? Biologically, she will always be a man. Mentally, I am not sure what happened.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM

313 posts, read 450,842 times
I don't think having a womb means much. What if a contestant has had a hysterectomy? But a transgender, even with all the complete changes ~ even though I may go along with this one for a competition ~ is STILL a man in his DNA. And that won't change.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Goodness, I have so many things to say to some of your posters. I'll try to organize my outrage as best as possible.

1)As someone else said, this is not a "would you" contest. You don't have to be attracted to her for her to qualify for a beauty contest. In general, pageants are about beauty, poise, intelligence, and how one presents one's self overall. It's not about being the "perfect female" or being more real or more fake than the next girl. If you haven't had any interaction with pageants outside of what you've seen on TV, you probably don't have much insight into how they work and what kind of person gets involved with them.

2)I don't care if you find transgenders strange or disgusting or screwed in the head, they are still people and it is rude and hateful to refer to them as "thing", "it", "shim" or any other word meant to demean them as something less than human. Call them by the gender they were born with if you wish but it is more respectful to refer to them as the gender with which they identify and have taken painstaking efforts to resemble. Referring to transgenders that way is hate speech and I will report any further posts that use that sort of speech to the administrators.

3)Gender is not always black and white. Sometimes DNA or your body goes wrong. Men and women are born with extra or missing sex chromosomes. Women are born with XY chromosomes but female parts and don't know anything is wrong until puberty. There are even boys born with seemingly female genitalia that, pop, develop into male genitalia at puberty because of testosterone insensitivity. Life is hard enough for these people, they don't need you spitting vitriol at them.

4)I'm still in favor of the private pageant doing whatever they wish. I'm disappointed that their position seems to have changed midstream, though perhaps her paperwork simply said female since, legally, that is what she is and it just took time for the details to come out.

Last edited by UnexpectedError; 04-01-2012 at 10:30 AM..

Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times
I have no problem with the person being a transsexual. Whatever makes people happy without ruining someone else's life is fine with me. At the same time, I neither claim to understand it, nor do I think that some private pageant should be REQUIRED to accept the person BECAUSE they have been oppressed or shunned or have had lots of pain in their lives, while overlooking the fundamental rules of the contest, which is to judge beautiful women (neither of which fits the description of the male with breasts depicted in the OP's images).

As for the personal attack, you are quite correct, sir. He/she HAS already achieved much more than I have. Some of those achievements are:

-Had male private pieces removed
-Had facsimilie of female parts installed
-Grown breasts, or had breast augmentation/installation/whatever
-Entered a beauty pageant as a transsexual

If failing to achieve these things marks me as an underachiever, I'm good with that.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,710,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Sorry but this thread is an indication as to how backward many Americans are. People are too bitter and too ignorant just to live and let live. Why do people get so wound up on issues like this, over groups of people they are not even likely to meet, being as many American do not even deviate from their own social circles? It's fascism, plain and simple. It takes a certain amount of maturity to accept that even if you don't understand something, you don't have to hate on it or preach hatred.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM

313 posts, read 450,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Sorry but this thread is an indication as to how backward many Americans are. People are too bitter and too ignorant just to live and let live. Why do people get so wound up on issues like this, over groups of people they are not even likely to meet, being as many American do not even deviate from their own social circles? It's fascism, plain and simple. It takes a certain amount of maturity to accept that even if you don't understand something, you don't have to hate on it or preach hatred.
Forums are to indulge in debates and share opinions, just as you have. Or are you trying to tell us that Americans aren't entitled to opinions, good or critical, as people are everywhere else????

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
This is a ridiculous thread. Look like almost EVERYONE here agrees that that person should NOT be allowed to compete. Except for a couple of Striesand's/Fonda's here who think its okay.

Time to close the thread.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
This is a ridiculous thread. Look like almost EVERYONE here agrees that that person should NOT be allowed to compete. Except for a couple of Striesand's/Fonda's here who think its okay.

Time to close the thread.
Agreed

Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The votes are nearly 50/50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty