Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well, do you?
I'm a male - yes 10 15.15%
I'm a male - no 24 36.36%
I'm a female - yes 9 13.64%
I'm a female - no 23 34.85%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
As one gets old and out of shape, the skin stretches.
Clearly the answer is that everyone should remove their skin as they get older. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
As one gets old and out of shape, the skin stretches. As the skin stretches, it deforms the tatoo. We had some guys and gals who got their nipples pierced in Gibralter. Next morning they had to go back to work in the engine room where it was over 100 degrees. Some got infected nipples. Hard to maintain those things when you're working 18+ hours a day, 7 days a week in sub-sub-sterile environment. So many shades of purple nipples, so many shades of green and yellow pus.
Sooo, it's not the piercings fault, it's the people who couldn't take care of them? Just because some men in a submarine couldn't handle having piercings doesn't mean they won't work out for others. While I have no piercings now, I've had....17 total, I believe, and not one single infection.

As for the tattoos, when I'm old I hope I'll have other things to worry about than how my icky old wrinkly skin looks. It's not like I'm going to be wandering around in bikini when I'm 80.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:17 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sooo, it's not the piercings fault, it's the people who couldn't take care of them? Just because some men in a submarine couldn't handle having piercings doesn't mean they won't work out for others. While I have no piercings now, I've had....17 total, I believe, and not one single infection.

As for the tattoos, when I'm old I hope I'll have other things to worry about than how my icky old wrinkly skin looks. It's not like I'm going to be wandering around in bikini when I'm 80.
And just because they work for you does t mean others haven't gotten infections from their piercings. I noticed no one disputed the point I made about mouth area piercings damaging teeth.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
And just because they work for you does t mean others haven't gotten infections from their piercings. I noticed no one disputed the point I made about mouth area piercings damaging teeth.
And just because they didn't work for your 'sub buddies' doesn't mean they don't work for others. If you take care of it properly, the risk of infection is ridiculously low.

I had venoms (two tongue piercings, instead of the standard 1 in the middle), a monroe (in between the nose and lip, like a birthmark) and two lip piercings.

Not one tooth chip or gum recession. I had my piercings done by a professional who looked at my anatomy and pierced at the correct angle and used the correct placement on my body. I also wore the correct jewelry. It's amazing how that helps.

Again, just because idiots go and get piercings done by people who have no idea what they're doing, use jewelry that isn't the correct size or material and don't take care of it doesn't mean that all piercings are dangerous.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
I'm male, and no I do not. The human body is at its most beautiful unpierced (and without tattoos also). Those things only detract from beauty. But, it's in the eye of the beholder, and I realize some may feel opposite. All that matters really is what the person thinks of their own self.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,307,209 times
Other than standard pierced ears, piercings are a complete turnoff to me. Even a woman with multiple ear piercing, wearing several earrings in each ear is ugly. Same for tattoos - I don't mind a little ankle tattoo or something like that, but large amounts of ink turn me right off, especially the tramp stamps on the lower back. Jut my opinion, but the female form is pretty enough all by itself, without any need for further "decoration".

Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 8,795 times
Yes, but not taken to excess.
My personal preference is for the ones which are kept private - nipples, clit, labia, etc.
I'm probably biased because I have a Prince Albert ring and I know how much fun I've had with it over the last 20 years.
My wife won't have her ears pierced, but does have a few of the 'secret' ones.
Enjoy...

Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
I like it on her belly and the private part.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Am female & voted "no".

Regardless of the meaning behind the behavior...aesthetically, viscerally, I don't care for piercings-the exception being the simple (narrow, not enlarged) earlobe hole for earring(s), on either gender (those are fine with me, can look really good, according to my personal preferences).
Beyond that gets into territory I find icky* (induces squeamishness). I'm answering with respect to prospect of a potential boyfriend, what I would consider attractive or off-putting, and that's utterly subjective & individual, not objective & absolute.

*It's just my opinion, I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else how to decorate & modify his/her body, nor would I expect anyone else to tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my body.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Male and I voted no. I don't mind the way subtle piercings look, but like tattoos I've never seen a case where I thought the person looked better because of the piercing. The more drastic stuff is just a complete turn-off to me. And the stretched ear lobes actually turn my stomach a bit unless they're extremely small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty