Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well, do you?
I'm a male - yes 10 15.15%
I'm a male - no 24 36.36%
I'm a female - yes 9 13.64%
I'm a female - no 23 34.85%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times

Advertisements

I consider holes in one's skin as something to be avoided, certainly not something to be put there intentionally, particularly in order to insert ink or some kind of hardware.

Whenever a needle has pierced my skin there's been a doctor on the other end of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Nope, I'm pretty old fashioned in that regard, some belly button rings are pretty sexy, but other than that and ear rings don't care for them or tatoos....

Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
I like piercings on guys like lip (on the bottom), ear piercings, eye brow piercing, tongue piercing (which I have myself). not so much regular nose on a man, because it looks to fem. also not all together either, there can be too many and that's gross.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I consider holes in one's skin as something to be avoided, certainly not something to be put there intentionally, particularly in order to insert ink or some kind of hardware.

Whenever a needle has pierced my skin there's been a doctor on the other end of it.
LOL. Aside from one earring hole per ear, I am with you on this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If you're a guy, with the exception of ear piercings, of course.

I'm not a fan...earrings are okay (although no earrings are fine too, I don't tend to notice a girl's ears). I just don't find them aesthetically appealing, whether nose rings, studs, lip piercings, nipple, tongue. It also just looks uncomfortable for the wearer (even though I'm sure it's not). What if say, your lip ring your caught somewhere? Ugh, it's a yucky thought. Whether it was a deal-breaker would depend on how big/how many.

If you're a lady, also comment on ear piercings on men as well as all the other types of piercings commonly worn.
ANY piercing , other than in the ear lobe for earrings, is the best way I know to look like a barbarian!

Those girls with "extra" piercings are flat repulsive. YUCK!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I am pretty conservative. Generally speaking, for women ears, subtle nose is good (like a little stud in your nose). Eyebrow, lips, toungue all look really painful for me. I think belly button piercings are like tattoos in the wrong place. It might look cute now, but what happens if your body shape changes. Nipple peicings sound painful Genital piercings sound painful. And I guess there is nothing left. I also don't like the ear gauges.

On men. I am ok with a small earring. Anything more, see above ^.

Blame my mom. She flips out when she sees people with multiple ear piercings. My parents are socially conservative in a lot of ways, so I know, they have certain opinions when people have too many piercings, like it is hard for you to get a job, etc....

I generally have preppy style, so it doesn't go with my look at all. I have my ears pierced. My mom did it when I was 2. I don't know if I would choose to pierce my ears now.

Generally speaking, I think if people have piercing, we tend not to have similar clothing styles. That's my only opinion. If you want to do it, have fun. But I won't be joining the party.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,303 times
I only like pierced ears on women, and at that, no more than 2 on each ear.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 PM

58 posts, read 130,613 times
belly button piercings on women i like

Old 07-28-2012, 10:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Tattoos are my biggest turnoff. Yet piercings look sexy to me.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Tattoos are my biggest turnoff. Yet piercings look sexy to me.
And painted toe nails....(I was just reading your other topic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty