Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The T-mobile type girl is in my category --- the 5'8" 120 lbs group --- which is pretty smokin' IMO !

Search by Height, Weight - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like
Maybe a dumb question, but what is a banana body type? I saw someone mentioned it a few days ago but I lost the post. I've never heard of it before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
I told someone the other day my weight, and literally, his jaw dropped on the floor. He had no clue about the wieght of women, he thought, wieghed about 130! NOT! I am 6'0", and weigh 175.

I remember watching a show about modeling, and rather than looking at the models, and their size, the manager was weighing the models. He was more concerned with the weight, rather than the look or fit of the clothes. I found that really odd. He wanted this one girl, who looked pretty good to me, to weigh about 115. She kept flucuating between 125 and 130, which seemed pretty thin for a woman who is 5'11". 115 seemed insane to me. She was thrown out of the competition for her "fatness"...really!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but what is a banana body type? I saw someone mentioned it a few days ago but I lost the post. I've never heard of it before.
I didn't know either, that's how I found this definition:

Call it Banana Shaped Body, Rectangle, Ruler, Column or Simply Versatile

It's basically a woman who is straight up and down, like a rectangle, without a lot of waist definition. It could be a slim or overweight woman. (I'm not banana shaped even though I posted a dancing banana, I'm hourglass).

Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I told someone the other day my weight, and literally, his jaw dropped on the floor. He had no clue about the wieght of women, he thought, wieghed about 130! NOT! I am 6'0", and weigh 175.

I remember watching a show about modeling, and rather than looking at the models, and their size, the manager was weighing the models. He was more concerned with the weight, rather than the look or fit of the clothes. I found that really odd. He wanted this one girl, who looked pretty good to me, to weigh about 115. She kept flucuating between 125 and 130, which seemed pretty thin for a woman who is 5'11". 115 seemed insane to me. She was thrown out of the competition for her "fatness"...really!
That really is about the sizing and fit of clothes. They have to keep it standardized, so that most models wear a size 0 or 4.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Yeah. As much as I believe we are crazy overweight in this country, 5'11" and 115 seems insane to me too.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yeah. As much as I believe we are crazy overweight in this country, 5'11" and 115 seems insane to me too.
Karlie Kloss, whose pic I posted to start this thread, is 5'11" and 117 lbs.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
That's true, a lot of people end up married to someone who may not match their body type preferences, because other factors count more.

But even women often have body types they prefer in men. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Maybe not wrong, but I don't feel good when people start posting pictures of almost naked women and commenting on them as if they were farm animals at some agricultural trade fair, if you get what I mean

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't know either, that's how I found this definition:

Call it Banana Shaped Body, Rectangle, Ruler, Column or Simply Versatile

It's basically a woman who is straight up and down, like a rectangle, without a lot of waist definition. It could be a slim or overweight woman. (I'm not banana shaped even though I posted a dancing banana, I'm hourglass).
I'm a banana! I was never quite sure what I was because I never fit the other types, though I was an apple when pregnant. Pear and triangle never fit, hourglass was out of the question! LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Maybe not wrong, but I don't feel good when people start posting pictures of almost naked women and commenting on them as if they were farm animals at some agricultural trade fair, if you get what I mean

Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
People are checking out each other's bodies all the time whether we like it or not. I don't feel like like there's been a lot of disparaging comments about women's bodies on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty