Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:13 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Do gypsy, definitely gypsy. These days, a lot of ladies see Halloween as an excuse to dress provocatively, and the schoolgirl in the skirt and pigtails is pretty cliche by this point. A gypsy costume, on the other hand, gives you so much more to work with, there's a lot of details you can work in, and you'll stand out.

As for myself, I'm probably going as a witch hunter/vampire hunter. Crucifix, long cloak, maybe a fake crossbow, something cool like that.
Gonna go shopping for gypsy costumes later to see if I find anything I like, but here's my schoolgirl outfit I put together a little while earlier (sorry it's a little dark, but you get the idea).

Too risque for taking my son and his friends trick-or-treating?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 04:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
You must lead an eventful life.
Not much different than any other life outside of the spirits roaming around all the time and things like that.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Gonna go shopping for gypsy costumes later to see if I find anything I like, but here's my schoolgirl outfit I put together a little while earlier (sorry it's a little dark, but you get the idea).

Cute! but ya, I would say too risque for taking kids trick or treating.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:

Not trying to be snarky, but based on photos you've posted in the What did you wear today thread?, is it really that much different than what you wear on a regular day (other than the obvious bra)? What do you consider risque about it? The insinuation or the actual outfit?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:

I can't help but wonder why a person "taking my son and his friends trick or treating" would want to dress like they were going to an adult Halloween party. Trick or treating is for the kids. You are just along for the ride and chaperoning correct? This isn't the time for all eyes to be on you. JMHO

Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,421,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Aaah, I love that so many people are dressing up! I know way too many people who have zero spirit for the holiday.

A favorite past costume, my boyfriend and I dressed as the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend from The Venture Bros. The only problem was when I wasn't standing next to him people thought I was a flight attendant. They weren't the brightest bunch.

I could be picturing this wrong, but what about a gypsy fortune teller? You'd just need a scarf to tie on your head and some sort of crystal ball.

Thank you so much! I have the scarf and there has to be something in this house that can pass as a ball.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I dress every year for our Halloween party that I do for the shorties. One year I dressed as a skunk road kill complete with blood. One year I was pig mommy and dressed my Chihuahua in a pink pig costume as one of my piglets. I made nipples out of pink balloons and had is pig toys (he only liked pig toys) attached to the nipples. This year I'll be a vampire and I found this really nice Venetian bat mask. I bought these fangs that had to be molded to your teeth. A real pain in the arse but they look really good. Our dog will be dressed up as well. I even dressed up our pig and chicken when they were alive. Now to cope with 20 or so shorties running through the house on Halloween. I love Halloween.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Not trying to be snarky, but based on photos you've posted in the What did you wear today thread?, is it really that much different than what you wear on a regular day (other than the obvious bra)? What do you consider risque about it? The insinuation or the actual outfit?
You're half right- the top is something I'd normally wear, but with jeans and not a skirt (I really don't wear skirts). This looks more like a costume, while a shirt and jeans wouldn't. As for the 'risque' part...I guess I just see women wearing similar outfits for Halloween, albeit when THEY wear them, it seems like more flesh is usually spilling out and the skirts are extremely tiny. At least with MY outfit, the skin-baring is kept to a minimum.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I can't help but wonder why a person "taking my son and his friends trick or treating" would want to dress like they were going to an adult Halloween party. Trick or treating is for the kids. You are just along for the ride and chaperoning correct? This isn't the time for all eyes to be on you. JMHO
I see your point. I initially didn't see a big issue with this, but I can see how this can be construed as such.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:38 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Lloyd Dobler from "Say Anything". Hey, I'm a child of the 80s.
I'm going as Vince Neil. Unfortunately I look more like 2012 Vince than 1985 Vince. Beer gut and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty