Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
Of course women can wear these things but look at these women. Most are slender and thin. A woman
With a different body type might not be able to pull off a leather mini.
Well a younger woman who is fat and out of shape wouldn't be able to pull off a leather mini either!

Although most of these women are slender, I think these looks all could be carried off by someone who is of average weight also.

What I'm trying to say is that too many women get limited into thinking that they can't wear certain things because of their age. So they can end up looking frumpy and out-of-date. It doesn't have to be that way. It just takes some time and effort and looking at fashion magazines etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM

OK, here are some women with wrinkles and who are not necessarily the perfect weight ---and still manage to look stylish, current and great.

This woman is 100 years old !!!

Another stylish 100-year-old

I don't know this woman's age but she appears to be in her late 70s or early 80s.

This woman is in her 60s.

A woman with an average figure.

These pics are from great blogs on fashion for older women:

ADVANCED STYLE: Advanced Style Tips For The New Year

http://www.theonlinestylist.co.uk/

http://thatsnotmyage.blogspot.ca/

I REST MY CASE !

Last edited by ellemint; 10-27-2012 at 06:00 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,176,790 times
Good Grief!!!!! I'm trying to imagine these women tending a house full of grandkids. The first one looks neat and presentable, but some of the rest..??????

Pardon me, but I think they come very close to being tacky.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Good Grief!!!!! I'm trying to imagine these women tending a house full of grandkids. The first one looks neat and presentable, but some of the rest..??????

Pardon me, but I think they come very close to being tacky.
I'm not sure what you mean.

There is one woman with the bicycle who has a funky style, but personally I love the way she looks.

They're not dressed for tending kids. They're out and about on the street as you can see.

Tacky? Tacky is sweat pants and a baggy T-shirt worn to a restaurant. These women look great! What is your definition of tacky?

Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,294 times
The "where's Waldo" glasses leave much to be desired.

I like the rest, not my style, some of them, but they do look great.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
The "where's Waldo" glasses leave much to be desired.

I like the rest, not my style, some of them, but they do look great.
They look a lot better than your average North American woman at the mall does.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,315,927 times
I love seeing older women who have a flair for fashion and a sense of style. It is really inspiring.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,663 times
The one with the bike looks quite scary to me and you can see the bike is just a prop as i doubt if she could or even should be riding a bike in those sandals. Some of the others look ok just maybe too many accessories for my taste.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
The one with the bike looks quite scary to me and you can see the bike is just a prop as i doubt if she could or even should be riding a bike in those sandals. Some of the others look ok just maybe too many accessories for my taste.

Actually I think there's an article on the one with a bike in the blog it came from, and she does ride it.
What I love about her, is she has a delightful individual style. She's daring and I admire that. She's dressing for herself, and I guess for others whom like me would enjoy it.

To me there is a difference between style and fashion. As in what's in fashion may not be stylish at all, like the baggy jeans riding so low you can see underwear. It's certainly in fashion, but it's not stylish IMO.

In Europe you see women in heels, especially boots, riding bikes all the time. It's not seen as this big athletic thing there but more a mode of transportation. You also see a lot more people wearing skirts or dresses riding bikes. Don't see why not.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,663 times
Yes but they are all young women and not wearing sandals, wearing skirts riding a bike is nothing new we did it all the time years ago in the UK. I agree about creating our own look as an older woman i don't follow fashion as it is mainly aimed at the very young i usually wait for the sales and buy a few quality items in good stores, have just had a little retail therapy in the UK and picked a few bargains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty