Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 AM

195 posts, read 350,613 times

Advertisements

I hated her bangs too. SHe looked like Shunkisha from da hood. Like a model of those black beauty shop ads you get in the mail.

Sorry Michelle, I like you but bangs don't look good on Anybody, especially on older women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
She is ok, not good looking. She is big-boned and has very wide hips, which means she should not wear any A-line, flared skirts or dresses. So far, that's what I see her wearing instead of straight skirts, which will give her hips a narrower look. I really don't know who picks her outfits but they are not doing a good job at all so it is time for her to replace them. The dress she wore for the inauguration is pretty but it is not for wide-hipped people like her.
Why does a woman with wide hips have to do everything she can to hide them? What of she likes her hips and likes the way they look in her clothes? Can't a "wide hipped person like her" be in love with the way she looks?

Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
But her new hairdo makes her look like a country clown.. All she needed was a clown costume and she is ready to go.
These irrelevant remarks make me wonder who the real clowns on this thread are.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It was a gorgeous dress, and it looked great on her.

Beautiful gown and she looked wonderful.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Most women who are noted for their fashion choices, or who we are used to seeing in media, are models, actresses or wannabes (think Kardashians), who tend to be small-framed and very thin. Michelle Obama is very tall, and has a big frame with broad shoulders and hips. She just doesn't look like most of the women we are accustomed to seeing.

Still, she's a beautiful woman who wears lovely clothes. She just doesn't happen to look like everyone else.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM

2,184 posts, read 2,321,661 times
Maybe something slightly tapered would look better. No need to try to overly feminize her with long flowing gowns. It doesn't work. Red tends to make the wearer look harsh. I liked the bangs at first, but am on the fence now. They don't accentuate the best parts of her face properly. Maybe a side bang would work better.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 AM

39 posts, read 56,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Good looking is a stretch. Average looking at best.

All I can say is she looks like she belong in The Beatles with that horrid hairstyle. BO should render an executive order against that look.
But she's married ... it shouldn't matter what she dressed like, or hairstyle she wore, yes?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
Michelle Obama is real and dresses in simple classic styles.

She's married to the President - it's not like she signed up to be a fashion model.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pttsbrgher View Post
But she's married ... it shouldn't matter what she dressed like, or hairstyle she wore, yes?
I think the President would disagree.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Why does a woman with wide hips have to do everything she can to hide them? What of she likes her hips and likes the way they look in her clothes? Can't a "wide hipped person like her" be in love with the way she looks?
I don't think the wide hips are her problem. I think it's crazy to wear Bolero jacket when she has a short waist, it makes her look like a human pear. I did however, like the bangs they somehow hid her usual scowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty