Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times

Advertisements

I think speaking for myself....I enjoy that Michelle seems so real and approachable. She has a sense of humor and carries herself w/ dignity, but not snobbery. I've enjoyed seeing her on TV doing the talk show appearances. I really appreciate her and I think other future white house wives should take a page from Michelle. I think she looks great in anything she wears...And, I also think they are a lovely couple.

Last edited by JanND; 01-24-2013 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: edit text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
I have to agree, she is approachable, and not stuffy like some first ladies have been... she seemed to love being in Moneygall in Ireland meeting the people who took to her.. scroll down for Michelle in the beautiful white dress, stunning.

Obama: Six days, four nations - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Last edited by dizzybint; 01-24-2013 at 06:10 AM..

Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,054,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You guys do know that straight skirts make the hips look WIDER right?
You can tell who the fake fashionista's are with the inaccurate remarks....
Every magazine I read says to get a dress that flares for wide hips.
I still see nothing wrong with her shape. She isn't fat,she is big boned,as anyone with eyes could see.

Also,why is it always recommended that women with wide hips hide them? Why not show them? Men love wide hips.
I am definetly not hiding mine any longer,life is too short. And besides,men love them.
I agree with you JG....also, photographs, television, etc....definitely put the pounds on. I also think, that like the rest of us, her weight fluctuates, but she looked trim for the inauguration. Love your "Men love wide hips" remark

Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I don't think the wide hips are her problem. I think it's crazy to wear Bolero jacket when she has a short waist, it makes her look like a human pear. I did however, like the bangs they somehow hid her usual scowl.

The bangs are laughable, not flattering at all,, and my English Bulldog has a better looking underbite
than hers, and he doesn't even scowl. He smiles real nice, and also waddles his big fat butt.

She walks like a klutz; and could use some lessons in walking like a girl instead of like a linebacker for the Pittsburg Steelers.

Red is not her color, as noted in the red - black widow dress at the first election. She doesn't do well in irredescent purple/black either. And that shrug/bolero .......... shreik !

Anything else ya' wanna know?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Poor Michelle seems some think she should be rubbed out and drawn again.... I like her.. she is a big lady but does ok by me...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
There's just nothing dignified or refined about her or how she projects her image. Sure, she's probably a nice enough person, but she is the First Lady, emphasis on lady.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Why does a woman with wide hips have to do everything she can to hide them? What of she likes her hips and likes the way they look in her clothes? Can't a "wide hipped person like her" be in love with the way she looks?
You are misunderstanding my previous statements. There is nothing wrong with having wide hips and definetely, nothing wrong with her (or most men) loving them. All I am saying is that since she is in the public eye, she should try to accentuate (not hide!!) her good features (in this case, her hips), instead of exaggerating them. Wearing dresses or skirts that are gathered around the waist or wide at the bottom, makes her hips not wide, they make them EXTRA wide. So the question is, is that necessary? Instead of exaggerating them, why not accentuate them? Anything wrong with accentuating one's good features? Remember, she is not just First Lady, she is First lady of the United States! The whole world watches her.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
There's just nothing dignified or refined about her or how she projects her image. Sure, she's probably a nice enough person, but she is the First Lady, emphasis on lady.
You are right! You are a great observer. The first time I saw her bangs I just burst into laughter and made me question her judgement. I like Michelle and know she is an attorney, so I expected a lot from her. Is she not worried about her image or is she trying to change her title? Is she First "Lady" or First Clown Michelle Obama?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 PM

445 posts, read 864,980 times
[quote=QuilterChick;27925184]The bangs are laughable, not flattering at all,, and my English Bulldog has a better looking underbite
than hers, and he doesn't even scowl. He smiles real nice, and also waddles his big fat butt.

She walks like a klutz; and could use some lessons in walking like a girl instead of like a linebacker for the Pittsburg Steelers.

Red is not her color, as noted in the red - black widow dress at the first election. She doesn't do well in irredescent purple/black either. And that shrug/bolero .......... shreik !

Anything else ya' wanna know?[/quote]
Are you a white woman? Just checking.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
she has a odd mouth can she get surgery for that. it does not photograph well. IDK is it a underbite or something???
Wow...just wow.

(Would love to see what YOU look like.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty