Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,722,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In popular culture, at least, it seems a man has to have a six-pack, abs.etc to be considered have a hot or sexy BODY (not talking personality, others can be sexy because of non-physical traits but women always talk about non-physical traits), yet average male bodies are just 'meh' to women. In contrast, men find all types of body shapes sexy, some men prefer skinny, some curvier.etc. I know some women do prefer skinny guys, or chubby guys, but they are the minority.

Do women really find the male body sexy or is it just the idea that he's strong and protective? I guess i'm talking the average woman. Do you think society makes it so the average male body is not appreciated? Truth to told, it's probably happening to women too (where average is seen as 'ugly') but I'm so SICK of hearing people tell me I need to go to the gym before i can get a girl. If I go to the gym again it'll be for my own health and fitness, not solely to get a girl just because she likes muscles. Why the obsession with muscles and strength anyway? Is it all about strength and dominance?

Why are curves naturally so beautiful but the male body seen as ugly/boring?

Minority again. Starting to wonder if I am just being the only honest one like all the man pigs that go gaga for yoga pants. LOL

Its not about being strong and protective. Its about all the lifestyle and attitude that body reflects.
At least in my mind. I also just love the way it looks.

Changing your body to "get" someone is stupid. Don't do it for that reason at all.
Do it because you should have a balance of some sort of fitness in your life.

I like fit people...avg can't keep up in energy.

iggy pop - lust for life - YouTube

LFL
not
LFC

I would annoy a couch potato as much as they would annoy me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,735,379 times
I guy can look "normal" and if I'm attracted to him, I'm attracted. His heart and his attitude towards me has to be right. We have the gym and nutritionists for that other stuff.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM

13,656 posts, read 10,054,135 times

Right Said Fred - I`m Too Sexy (The Original) - YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,637,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I think you're observation is wrong on this one. Note I said *think* because I'm not too sure. What you're saying may be factual with many women pretending it's not because they either feel they can't get guys that look like that, are intimidated by them, or they just don't care about looks enough and want a guy for other reasons too (balance).

^This is a brilliant question!

I think that has been happening to women a lot longer than guys, where average women are sort of 'left out' in favor of 'hot' women. Women in general are known to be less visually oriented.

You need to either isolate the folks who are telling you that you need to go to the gym to get a girl as a minority group that just thinks that way or acknowledge that you could get into shape if that's the case.

Another interesting question!

I think you're wrong on that one too.
Unnecessary nitpicking. A lot of people view it this way...if you have difference of opinion state it as such but quoting and "this is wrong..." is just pointless.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
Unnecessary nitpicking. A lot of people view it this way...if you have difference of opinion state it as such but quoting and "this is wrong..." is just pointless.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,248,145 times
I personally don't find men that are very well-muscled (the bodybuilder type) attractive. I prefer men that are fit and toned but not overly muscular. One example I can think of is Michael Jackson in the late 1980s, like this:

Moderator cut: image removed

MJ is the only man I find good-looking with long hair and make-up, lol. That usually isn't my type at all but he can pull it off.

What's important to me is that a man is in good physical shape. Muscles aren't high on my priority list at all.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM

632 posts, read 1,031,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do women generally find average male bodies sexy or only well-muscled, fit guys?
Here's the thing, you are asking this question on a message board. A message board, in the relationships section. Here, you have a majority of women who are relationship challenged, weight challenged, age challenged or something similar that is preventing them from being in a happy relationship, hence whey they are frequenting a relationships message board (of course there are some who ARE in happy relationships and want to provide useful advice to those who post here seeking it so again, it is not EVERYONE).

Secondly, with so many of these women being either weight challenged, looks challenged, or love challenged, they will say "most any type of body" would be acceptable to them.

Thirdly, some people just are unable to just answer the question posed in the original post. They have to say things like "its the personality....blah blah blah" or "depends on mutual interests....blah blah blah" or something similar. People, people, people, for questions/topics like this you just assume that all other things being equal, then you answer the question posted by the original poster.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,292,199 times
I like a guy with a little meat on his bones. I am far more attracted to to someone like John Goodman.

I once had a gay man tell me that I liked bears. Yeah... I do.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,121,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I like a guy with a little meat on his bones. I am far more attracted to to someone like John Goodman.

You'd take John Goodman over a fit young dude?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

I was really attracted to a guy that was described as a 'younger Kevin James'

I'd say that's the kind of guy I'm into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty