Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,056,323 times

Advertisements

I have seen attractive women with guys that are quite heavy & skinny. To each his or her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:45 PM

6 posts, read 17,258 times
muscles are not important I think that if you do have muscles than a little bit is okay but a whole lot is too much what I mean by that is if I were to draw portrait of you your muscle should be able to be shaded not drawn with a single line.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 AM

59 posts, read 130,584 times
women prefer lanky guys or guys with toned body, heck some even like chubby ones. What women usually dont like are very fat guys or extremely muscular men

Old 11-07-2014, 09:40 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,029,312 times
80% of my exes are chubbies even though I am attracted to muscular bodies. It's one of the sacrifices I am willing to make if everything else is fine.

This is the US, most people are overweight and my dating pool is small enough, so discriminating overweight guys would bring it down to 2% for me.

As long as he is still fit and not lazy or gets annoyed with my way of eating, it's all good.

I clearly do not like skinny guys though. Hugging those just feels like hugging a girl.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:17 AM

706 posts, read 1,182,559 times
Define "average male body".

If you're talking average as in overweight....then I personally don't find that to be attractive. Fat is not attractive on men or women, IMO. I find muscular/fit men most attractive because I know how much work and dedication it takes to achieve that look. However, a man can be non muscular and still be attractive as long as he isn't a fat slob.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:46 PM

779 posts, read 633,987 times
I think some muscles are nice to look at but wouldn't rule out someone who didn't have them. I don't prefer super lanky guys but if they have a cute face and a nice personality I could work with it. I don't want a guy to be super squishy. I don't like the way it feels when my boobs rub up on someone else's so that would rule out some heavier guys.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:19 PM

11,655 posts, read 13,000,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
80% of my exes are chubbies even though I am attracted to muscular bodies. It's one of the sacrifices I am willing to make if everything else is fine.

This is the US, most people are overweight and my dating pool is small enough, so discriminating overweight guys would bring it down to 2% for me.

As long as he is still fit and not lazy or gets annoyed with my way of eating, it's all good.

I clearly do not like skinny guys though. Hugging those just feels like hugging a girl.
You're making it sound like skinny=feminine/fat=masculine, when it's clearly the opposite - Women need fat in their body to carry babies. Men need muscles or have a slender figure (runners, soccer players, etc).

You're clearly going by the whole women-should-be-skinny mindset. They're the ones who look like boys, ironically. They usually lack definite curves where they'd easily be mistaken for a 15 year old boy from behind.

For me personally, if you want, hugging a chubby man would feel like hugging my flabby grandma. Oh, I take it, hugging a chubby woman feels like hugging a man for you?

Last edited by Ethereal; 11-07-2014 at 08:28 PM..

Old 11-08-2014, 08:34 PM

59 posts, read 130,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Define "average male body".

If you're talking average as in overweight....then I personally don't find that to be attractive. Fat is not attractive on men or women, IMO. I find muscular/fit men most attractive because I know how much work and dedication it takes to achieve that look. However, a man can be non muscular and still be attractive as long as he isn't a fat slob.
I have a quite muscular body, more of a bodybuilder/powerlifter intermediate than a proper powerlifter, and I lift because I enjoy doing so, not because I do it to attract women. I still struggle with women.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:55 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,853,857 times
I like guys with a big belly

Old 11-10-2014, 08:16 PM

19,758 posts, read 20,322,216 times
I like athletic men, fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty