Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

you women who have husbands that dont wear their rings are kidding yourselves. the ring is removed to appear available. they are hoping someone will be interested.

the only thing i ever wore was a watch. i have no interest in jewelry. but the ring stays on my finger and i dont notice its there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you women who have husbands that dont wear their rings are kidding yourselves. the ring is removed to appear available. they are hoping someone will be interested.

the only thing i ever wore was a watch. i have no interest in jewelry. but the ring stays on my finger and i dont notice its there.
What if the man doesn't go out anywhere the opposite sex frequents or anywhere he can seem "available"?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
What if the man doesn't go out anywhere the opposite sex frequents or anywhere he can seem "available"?
You mean like business trips, the store, the library, your kids' soccer fields, the neighbor's home, the office, the doctor's office waiting room, and clothing stores? Those places?

Let's face it people, especially men, are interested. We're interested because we're human. Doesn't mean we'll act (some of us can't afford it) but we're interested.

Any guy who doesn't admit this is either unhealthy, gay, or lying.

"Allergies aside, a good explanation for some people’s reluctance to advertise their marital or relationship status is that they are still (unofficially) on the mating market and want to keep their options open. Many married men and women who engage in extra-marital affairs, of course, are happy to wear a wedding ring, only to take it off before they go to a party without their spouse."

from

Why some married people don't wear a wedding ring - Psychology Today

The anti-cheating wedding ring that brands your finger - The Week

Old 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You mean like business trips, the store, the library, your kids' soccer fields, the neighbor's home, the office, the doctor's office waiting room, and clothing stores? Those places?
No I mean like my father has been legally blind and not able to drive for a long time. He works from home, but cant drive.

I also know several men who are not able to drive for various other reasons, seizures, handicaps etc.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:

Right, my husband is really on the prowl out there in the oilfield or on an oil platform, trying to look available! He doesn't wear one while he's working - which is two weeks out of every month. The other two weeks he's home and when he gets home he slips his ring back on.

It works for us. I much prefer him with all his fingers attached.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
No I mean like my father has been legally blind and not able to drive for a long time. He works from home, but cant drive.

I also know several men who are not able to drive for various other reasons, seizures, handicaps etc.
OK, there's always the 0.0001% of people who are exceptions.

And legally blind doesn't mean blind.
(Image not protected by copyright.)

Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
My dad never wore a ring so it's not unusual to me. He performs surgery regularly, sometimes without much notice, so I guess it would be too much of a hassle taking it on and off and keeping up with it.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
OK, there's always the 0.0001% of people who are exceptions.

And legally blind doesn't mean blind.
(Image not protected by copyright.)
Blind-as cant pass the eye exam to hold a drivers licence.

So its okay for those people not to wear wedding rings?

There are a million other exceptions to the rule as UnexpectedError and Kathryn point out.

Some people are paranoid I guess. I wouldn't care. If someone is going to cheat, a band isn't going to fix that problem. I know plenty of women who seek out men with wedding rings, and many men who oblige. A ring isn't going to fix a cheater.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:

I never liked sleeping with the ring on and would take it off every night. I lost it and never did quite figure out how I lost it. Its been about 4 years now and never found it. The only thing I can think of that could have happened is I set it down on some mail, newspapers in which it was snatched up and trashed. The wife was upset, but what to do? No way am I looking for another wife, you can forget about it, one's enough!! We celebrate our 30th next year.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
i have one ring and that is my wedding ring. the only time it comes off is: at the gym, when i'm showering and before i go to bed. otherwise, it is always on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty