Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 AM

747 posts, read 1,683,149 times

Advertisements

My husband and I both wear our rings outside of the house but not inside the house. The only time my husband goes out without it is if he forgets to pick it up on the way out the door. In 3 years of marriage it's only happened once, that he forgot it. I know I wouldn't put up with my husband not wearing his, and I know without a doubt he wouldn't put up with me not wearing mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
japanese dont wear them bek they say its already in their heart
americans dont wear them bek they already got a big one in their nose.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
No.

I tried. I'd take it off and put in my pocket because it was a constant irritation. We used to find it under the of cushions chairs, etc. Mrs. Tek finally told me to put it in her jewelry box before I lost it.

I can't wear jewelry. No necklaces, bracelets, watches, rings. They are a constant annoyance. The only jewelry I ever had that didn't drive me to distraction was an earring in my left ear. (Do you remember "left is right right is wrong" from back then?) I haven't worn it for a long time, but it didn't bother me when i did.

BTW, 41 years. Still head over heels in love and still best friends. We laugh every day. I guess the ring on my finger wasn't wasn't overly important.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right, my husband is really on the prowl out there in the oilfield or on an oil platform, trying to look available! He doesn't wear one while he's working - which is two weeks out of every month. The other two weeks he's home and when he gets home he slips his ring back on.

It works for us. I much prefer him with all his fingers attached.
you are just kidding yourself. im sure when your husband isnt working on the oil rig, he is hanging out looking for some tang.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM

861 posts, read 1,148,081 times
I caught my ring on something and almost ripped off my finger. I haven't worn it since. Anyone that thinks having a ring on means fidelity is only fooling themselves. A ring is a symbol used in a ceremony. It does not dictate behavior. My older brother always wore his wedding ring and he was the biggest philanderer I knew.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What do you think the biggest reasons are?

Irritates their hand?
Want to look "available"?
Keeps it in safe place like a safe deposit box?

I wear mine. I can't think of a reason not to wear it. Why do so many married not wear their rings?
Some men have valid reasons....some don't want it to interfere with their trolling activities...I think the men who don't wear their rings for this reason are fully aware that there is a surplus of single women who, since they have been unable to find a husband, will (reluctantly or enthusiastically) settle for someone else's.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
I caught my ring on something and almost ripped off my finger. I haven't worn it since. Anyone that thinks having a ring on means fidelity is only fooling themselves. A ring is a symbol used in a ceremony. It does not dictate behavior. My older brother always wore his wedding ring and he was the biggest philanderer I knew.
nobody said that wearing a ring indicates fidelity. i said not wearing one indicates infidelity.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:00 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What do you think the biggest reasons are?

Irritates their hand?
Want to look "available"?
Keeps it in safe place like a safe deposit box?

I wear mine. I can't think of a reason not to wear it. Why do so many married not wear their rings?

Neither my husband or I wear ours. We are constantly involved in physical labor and it just isn't safe in many cases.

We know we are married and anyone who sees us together knows it. I love my ring and wear it anytime I get dressed up but for every day, neither one of us wears jewelry.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,299,513 times
As a Carpenter for years I never even had one. For our 25th anniversary we renewed our vows on the beach in Cabo San Lucas. My mother had given me my grandfathers ring, and I had it resized. I would wear it at home, but take it off when I went to work. I only once had to inform a woman I was married. Funny thing, she never spoke to me again. I wear it all the time now, and knowing it was my grandfathers makes it that much more special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty