Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are yoga shorts skanky or acceptable for Summer 2013?
Trashy- they look like underwear! I would never wear those 16 32.65%
Not Trashy. They are acceptable- but strictly for gym and jogging 17 34.69%
Doable- these do not look skanky and can be worn at the gym and and after the gym running errands or lunch. 13 26.53%
I would wear them if I had the body but since I don't I will assume all women that wear them are skanks. 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM

545 posts, read 908,420 times

Advertisements

They're fine for quick errands and the gym. I wear them out and about with gym shoes and ponytail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 PM

41 posts, read 81,518 times
I don't find yoga shorts or yoga pants trashy at all. I think people who don't like them just can't pull them off or have the body for it.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,740,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Well, I'm going to guess most guys think these yoga pants are great!

But personally I think they just yell, "Hey everybody! Look at my ass!"

If you're in shape or not is beside the point.
That's true. You don't have to be in perfect shape to wear them.

Do you remember when the fad was for girls to wear sweat pants with things across the butt like "juicy, naughty, etc"? I'm glad that hasn't caught onto the yoga pants. Can you imagine a pair of yoga pants with the word juicy across the butt? They are already accenting their butt by wearing them.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have several pairs which I wear to bike in. So long as you don't have cellulite you should be good to go. But don't wear them out to lunch (unless you are eating at a hot dog stand or something equally casual).

ETA - now that I have seen your measurements and weight, you need to keep those shorts in the gym. Don't even walk down the street in them, put some pants on if you don't want to shower at the gym. Those shorts are not for you.
Oooh, burn.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have several pairs which I wear to bike in. So long as you don't have cellulite you should be good to go. But don't wear them out to lunch (unless you are eating at a hot dog stand or something equally casual).

ETA - now that I have seen your measurements and weight, you need to keep those shorts in the gym. Don't even walk down the street in them, put some pants on if you don't want to shower at the gym. Those shorts are not for you.

Is this directed at me? I'm 135 lbs & 5'4 my weight is mostly muscle from intense strength training. What are you talking about? Who said anything about showering at the gym? I have an athletic body and the only trouble area I have ever mentioned here was my waist and butt cellulite which even my size 0 friends have.

Your posts always have a snotty tone, but I never pointed it out. This is just borderline trolling.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I wear some pretty revealing clothing and I wouldn't wear those. Not that I think they are too revealing or anything but I would feel like I'm wearing something from the 80's and I'm sure my camel toe would show LMAO

Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Is this directed at me? I'm 135 lbs & 5'4 my weight is mostly muscle from intense strength training. What are you talking about? Who said anything about showering at the gym? I have an athletic body and the only trouble area I have ever mentioned here was my waist and butt cellulite which even my size 0 friends have.

Your posts always have a snotty tone, but I never pointed it out. This is just borderline trolling.

Pear, ignore her. She has serious issues. Don't even take one of her words with a grain of salt

Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayons00 View Post
I don't find yoga shorts or yoga pants trashy at all. I think people who don't like them just can't pull them off or have the body for it.
First off, most of the dissenters here aren't saying they don't like them. Just that they don't like them for street wear. As for not having the body being the reason for not liking them, maybe it's just that they have more class than a$$.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,752 times
Why do most of the posters here want to dictate what others want to do?

Those things would be considered 'causal wear' on South Beach.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
First off, most of the dissenters here aren't saying they don't like them. Just that they don't like them for street wear. As for not having the body being the reason for not liking them, maybe it's just that they have more class than a$$.
Oh the irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty